Darkest Album ?

seraph

I didn't put that much of options cause of more rational poll, and I mostly included goa and psychedelic trance in poll, cause to me these albums represent the essence of darkness...

I had hard time between MFG - PROJECT GENESIS, BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS - TWIN SHARKFINS and CHI-A.D. - ANNO DOMINI...but I voted for Battle cause it is the most primal and psychotic of all of them, BRILLIANT ! :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me it was a tough call between C.O.P. and Chi-A.D....

both are amazing...

I voted COP because I listen to it more than the Chi-AD...

for me it was a tough call between C.O.P.  and Chi-A.D....

both are amazing...

I voted COP because I listen to it more than the Chi-AD...

534852[/snapback]

Yeah, tough choice indeed, but to me, every album of the mentioned is unique in its own way...

They are all original and to the point...I actually couldn't choose between half of them, but in the end, it all comes down to what drives you most... :D

It was a toss-up for me between The Delta and Battle of the Future Buddhas. I really like a few of the latter's tracks, but I think the former is more consistent in its quality, more original, and darker, so that's how I voted.

Easy;

Sandman - Witchcraft

Edit: Where is Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare

?

Easy;

Sandman - Witchcraft

Edit: Where is Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare

?

534858[/snapback]

:o

Holy shit ! I knew I forgot some albums...I will ask one of the mods to fix the poll...

I can't believe I missed that one... :unsure:

Yeah, tough choice indeed, but to me, every album of the mentioned is unique in its own way...

They are all original and to the point...I actually couldn't choose between half of them, but in the end, it all comes down to what drives you most... :D

534853[/snapback]

agree.. thats what called it... I listen to COP to get me pumped up, I listen to the Chi-AD to chill...

the Midimiliz and the X-Dream would be the sideliners of this list for me...

X-Dream tends to background when I put that one on (overall.. not the whole thing)

and the midimiliz never got me straight through as well...

(the main thing I HATE about tracks on comps that are on albums too.. is that when you get the second of the 2 it seems like an interuption... thats the only issue I ever had with passages... I got "the delta force" compilation first... so Aeromoda seems like an interuption... )

:o

Holy shit ! I knew I forgot some albums...I will ask one of the mods to fix the poll...

I can't believe I missed that one... :unsure:

534860[/snapback]

I added Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare.

I had to choose for 2 albums:

Battle Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins

MFG - Project Genesis

Both albums where a serious mental storm...

Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare scores high as well but I'm not sure if it is really dark because some tracks has really brightful melodies... :)

I had to choose for 2 albums:

Battle Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins

MFG - Project Genesis

Both albums where a serious mental storm...

Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare scores high as well but I'm not sure if it is really dark because some tracks has really brightful melodies... :)

534980[/snapback]

project genesis is not that dark either with tracks such as 06 - Voices or 07 - Sunshine

Guest Cosmogenesis

I didn't put that much of options cause of more rational poll, and I mostly included goa and psychedelic trance in poll, cause to me these albums represent the essence of darkness...

I had hard time between MFG - PROJECT GENESIS, BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS - TWIN SHARKFINS and CHI-A.D. - ANNO DOMINI...but I voted for Battle cause it is the most primal and psychotic of all of them, BRILLIANT ! :D

534849[/snapback]

Well, I have the same tastes like you for this topic, and I voted too for "Twin Sharkfins". IMO it's the most dark album among those three brilliant releases you have mentionned. Btw, I don't know if we can really define "Anno Domini" and "Project Genesis" as "dark" albums, because all of their tracks aren't so dark and, on the contrary, some of them express other feelings even if they have a few dark elements: "Myopic utopia" or " Pathfinder" from Chi-a.d. for example, and also "Lord of the dance" of Battle of the Future Buddhas. :P

On the contrary, the music of Xenomorph and The Delta are pure & authentic darkness. :ph34r:

And dark it is....

I voted BOTFB - twin sharkfins (tough i have to admit that its closed followed by CHI AD, DELTA and MFG and... oh this is hard)

Nice to see so many dark psy heads around here :P