the next big thing

Detector

what do you think will be the next big genre in the psy-scene?

I mean we went thru minimal and the full on sound witch is still very much alive,and now is this aggresive brutal yet psychedelic trance that dominates the scene,so what do you think the next big genre will be?any predictions?

have a nice day :)

//Detector//

Its always been hard to predict how music styles are going to change in the future. Rock and Roll was never expected and House music seemed a little surprising at the time.

A new genre in Psy, maybe fluffy bunny psy, ultra metaliic chrome psy or realyy offensive racist psy. Music can go either way. I hope it doesn't go racist or fluffy bunny. I heard the germans have no word for fluffy!

I want more dubby chill releases... Stop with the ambient crap haha j/k some ambient is also awesome

434404[/snapback]

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some more upbeat chill stuff, like Infected's "Other Side" or Legion of Green Men, or Bluetech, or Hab, or even Downhill, with solid, non-4x4 beats, something you can dance to, but still psychedelic.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I'm getting some new equipment in a week or so, and that's exactly what I intend to do with it, so leave everything to me. B)

I mean we went thru minimal and the full on sound witch is still very much alive,and now is this aggresive brutal yet psychedelic trance that dominates the scene,so what do you think the next big genre will be?any predictions?

have a nice day  :)

//Detector//

434113[/snapback]

my idea is not that new styles are appearing but the already existing styles are smoothly coming togehter,

progressive uses fullon elements

fullon uses progressive elements

progressive has become more melodic, sometimes clubby

the old skool now released has got harder basslines then comparing to the earlier days (check filteria)

dark psytrance use fullon elements is like the rolling basslines and is not anymore only typical forest music but can be very uplifting too,

I believe the end will not be more styles but just

Good goa

Bad goa

based on taste off course and all the categories will softly fade away

breakcore goa !!!

434466[/snapback]

I concur. Imagine Hellfish & Producer - Toilet Wars with a psy touch. That'd be sweet. But, that tune is sweet enough. Those amen breaks makes my corpora cavernosa fill up ... :wub:

I concur. Imagine Hellfish & Producer - Toilet Wars with a psy touch. That'd be sweet. But, that tune is sweet enough. Those amen breaks makes my corpora cavernosa fill up ...  :wub:

436133[/snapback]

i dont think we would want to find out what it is :D

Guest Astro Cortex

If you ask me, psytrance needs a change, and I mean a fundamental one. "IDM-industrialized psy" indeed sounds like a nice direction to go, and the less characteristics of today's psytrance it would display, the better IMHO. What I want is less of the typical oh-so-psychedelic sound effects and basslines (and I'm not only talking about the fullon subgenre) in favour of more subtlety, more atmosphere, and most of all more experimentation and originality in creating some mind-altering (I might even say intelligent) compositions. By "intelligent" I don't mean that it should always be overloaded with all sorts of little details. The balance between simplicity and complexity has to be found.

have a nice day  :)

//Detector//

434113[/snapback]

Posford will create the next big thing. Don't anyone dare respond with a sigh.