5. Complication

6. Follow

7. Of nine

8. Rien ne va plus

9. The second

I'm not a long reviewer and review track by track is imo not that necessary

well with some cd's it is, other releases it isn't

this one isn't :D

Neelix brings us here a perfect concept, the concept that I like, more and more are different genres coming together, most people will experience neelix as progressive but I see many fullon elements in it, this is very uplifting and continue walk in the woods bass line, the sounds are very atmosphere and well used, everything fits at the right place and comes when you want it to come, it feels like surfing on the psy bass lines, only the vocal samples are a bit disappointing, off course experiencing the new melodic progressive wave lately this release is not filled with dark pumping sounds but has got nice crystal clear psychedelic flying sounds coming from everywhere, this is perfect for home listening and super to for driving in the car, although it's minimal comparing all the morning fullon it keeps you busy second after second, not one minute you get bored, this is a release when you want to enjoy, not get excited but just flow, the vibe is humble but still positive and then again very serious, Neelix creates perfect the feeling that they know what they are doing and have 100% control of each sound they create, and that is what I like, a goa artist who knows what he's doing. the baselines are sometimes more progressive and change into fullon formula once & while, compare it with another artist I would say yotopia, the bass lines ticks very good like the good old Shiva chandra ticking what keeps it all motivating.

well conclusion 9/10 absolutely

Progressive lovers who want some stronger progressive

Fullon lovers who want a change and slow down for a while but still needs that little power

This is the one ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I got this CD from a friend and I have to say I really like it. The style is, as described above, a blend of progressive and full-on elements together with some voice samples. For me this works perfect, I even appreciate the samples! It's not the "boring" (no offense please) psyprogressive I can't stand but it's also not one of the full-on clones that allready exist more than enough. A really nice album and I'm soon going to buy it for myself.

Just wanna say that the cover is awful.

411745[/snapback]

I thought it was one of the cooler ones I've ever seen :)

& the music is just pounding German quality.

The vocal-samples definitely add a clubby vibe, but who said that's a bad thing?

Neelix is a real cool guy btw, no star-attitude what so ever: he's a real party-animal & always dancing in front of the speakers when he likes the dj...

I have no clue what is awful in this cover. Perhaps a vampire or a dark forest is cooler for you, i don't know...  The album is nice, it's easy listening to and i recommend it.

433782[/snapback]

Sorry for going off topic, but we don't need covers with women faces in Psy trance. 80% of pop music has the same covers. Actually it looks more than Hip hop cover than pop IMO.

I don't care about covers,

if the music is good it's good,

and I like the concept,

the more fullon minded progressive, the progressive with power, not overloaded,

but still keeps you busy all the time,

but indeed one thing, the sample repeating sucks,

too bad, big mistake,

continue repeating the same sound or sample is just not goa,

goa is about varation and rolling like a machine, the machine repeats ok,

but that takes a while,

that sample really breaks the atmosphere and makes you wanna skip to the next track

we don't need covers with women faces in Psy trance.

434709[/snapback]

continue repeating the same sound or sample is just not goa

434991[/snapback]

:blink:

let me guess: you guys have a list with all things that are indeed "goa" and of the stuff that is needed in "psytrance"?

too bad neelix doesnt have that list too! :(

:blink:

let me guess: you guys have a list with all things that are indeed "goa" and of the stuff that is needed in "psytrance"?

too bad neelix doesnt have that list too! :(

435394[/snapback]

well I just ment the basic of goa is that every 8 steps a new sound appears,

dissapears, or a changement comes,

that is what I'm used too when I listen to goa, you can't deny that,

so far why my expression, that's all ;)

Since some uneducated phools don't know..

Neelix is the chef of Voyager:

Posted Image

and

7. of Nine

is reference to Seven Of Nine (aka annika hansen)

Posted Image

she has mighty big tits..

The album.. I haven't heard yet. But I will.. this thread got me interested :)

After listening to this album some more I can tell a bit better why I like the samples in most of the tracks (especially track 1 and 2): As Basilisk allready has said the same samples get repeated on and on in the tracks. For me this is very hypnotising and intrancing. I understand why it is anoying for some but for me it works perfeclty.

After listening to this album some more I can tell a bit better why I like the samples in most of the tracks (especially track 1 and 2): As Basilisk allready has said the same samples get repeated on and on in the tracks. For me this is very hypnotising and intrancing. I understand why it is anoying for some but for me it works perfeclty.

436942[/snapback]

I second that.

And the album is really enjoyable, "Follow" track for example is worth listening to!

this album is as a whole a good album. Many good tracks :) he has his own sound and style, and I like it. Also have respect for it.

Have played "think of me" and "no way to leave" on gigs and they worked very well. I have also listened to this album alot at home.

As for the cover. If he liked it and wanted it, it probably had an idea behind it. Imo this cover really connects with the album as a whole. But that is just me and my look on things.

this album is as a whole a good album. Many good tracks :) he has his own sound and style, and I like it. Also have respect for it.

Have played "think of me" and "no way to leave" on gigs and they worked very well. I have also listened to this album alot at home.

As for the cover. If he liked it and wanted it, it probably had an idea behind it. Imo this cover really connects with the album as a whole. But that is just me and my look on things.

437475[/snapback]

I agree that the cover fits pretty well, and as far as i know it is not forbidden to make covers with human beings on it (and especially a beautiful face like this :))

This album rocks I think. I get a bit of the same feeling as when I listen to Shiva chandra (the older albums). I think the cover is pretty nice too. They could have done some adjustments to the cocaine sans font tho. In my eye it´s not really spot on but hey, what the heck... It´s nice anyway :)

This album rocks I think. I get a bit of the same feeling as when I listen to Shiva chandra (the older albums). I think the cover is pretty nice too. They could have done some adjustments to the cocaine sans font tho. In my eye it´s not really spot on but hey, what the heck... It´s nice anyway :)

438208[/snapback]

nice call on the font

i recently discovered it for certain logo i was working and besides the fact it's really messy in itself you can do some coolo things with it...

as for the album, i dunno.. never heard someone said it sounded like magnetrixx copy but worse? can anyone confirm or deny too lazy to hunt down samples B)

• 1 month later...

Fuck I'm in love with this album.. long enough time for mp3s.. going to include it with my next order :)

This strikes me as somehow very intelligent groovy music :D

If I was a dj I'd always start my set with complication.. perhaps loop the intro part once.. make people really wait for the "if you want to dance.. now is the time!" sample and then a short breath.. and BOOM! enter bassline :D:D

I think there are still many many things left to discover in this album. Doesn't seem to age like most new releases.. B)

• 9 months later...

nice album!

Funny thing is, he looks just like Neelix! Only a human.

• 7 months later...

I'm listening to it for the first time right now. I just got thru the 1st track and it was pretty good. Like others have said there is a lot to keep your mind focused on. The repeated samples (aka track 2) are maddening. It's just not necessary.

As for the cover, I like it. It gives me a Grudge feel, you can just see the name and title of the CD flickering in and out.

Mdk

• 5 months later...

THis is probably one of my least-played prog releases... I really get tired of Oompa basses... And those repeated samples.. Man... Great sound, just too typical.