traveller

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've reviewed it... find it at Trancecritic.com

LINK

Extracts:

It features all the same elements, and comes across as a tired rehash of already weak ideas. I'd rather listen to his old stuff, at least he put some effort into the music back then. It's sad.

At the middle this becomes an orgy in fart noises

I like the climax in this one a bit, but had it been used with another kind of structure, it could have been fantastic, perhaps a future classic. As it is now, the track is merely a better-than-average full-on track.

Cinos how can you review psychedelic trance without ever having done any psychedelics? :ph34r:

and please don't give me that 'you don't need psychedelics to understand it' speech.

I guess the groundbreaking concept is that they include a 12 paged booklet with the CD. Like the d-tect magazine but more focusing on the CD than the mag. So they can make higher prices... ;)

Very groundbreaking indeed... :rolleyes:

Cinos how can you review psychedelic trance without ever having done any psychedelics?  :ph34r:

and please don't give me that 'you don't need psychedelics to understand it' speech.

378179[/snapback]

w00t

I think we'll need a new sticker..

besides this compilation isn't psychedelic trance..

Cinos how can you review psychedelic trance without ever having done any psychedelics?  :ph34r:

378179[/snapback]

You don't need... ah, fuck it.

The Man With No Name tune is pretty fucking amazing in my opinion.

378194[/snapback]

Nah, it's a watered-down version of the stuff on Interstate Highway.

ok to a certain point I can understand without psychedelics part

but

without attending to any parties it is impossible to understand

a real goaparty is the experince to get it

If people without the party and without the psychedelics experience

all that is there to experience within their home

I hail to those

Errr... I think that they meant it was grounbreaking because they intent to release more of this CDs - every one will show a different "style" of psy-trance: dark, progressive, techtrance etc.

Still it's not maybe VERY innovative, but perhaps it's a good idea :)

378179[/snapback]

you don't need psychedelics to understand it [psy]

You don't need...

378396[/snapback]

;)

you don't need psychedelics to understand it [psy]

;)

378860[/snapback]

you don't need psychedelics to listen to it or to like it.

you do need psychedelics to understand it.

;)

;)

378953[/snapback]

thats a pretty narrowminded my friend :). these are your thoughts, not the final truth, what makes you think that one who have never used psychedelics cannot understand this "music" :)?! there are many types of people, there arent just black or white ones, so dividing them only into two groups isnt the best way how to sort it out. yes there are people who only like psytrance, they listen to it, but nothing more, and these kind of people are not just the ones who dont use psychedelics, there are also the ones who take drugs. it doesnt depend on how much weed you have smoked, how many mushrooms dried in your house and how many blotters of acid absorbed, yes psychedelics open a new world, but it doesnt mean that deep states of trance and consciousness cant be reached without drugs and that its the only way how to reach enlightement/openmindness. it depends on ones system of values, experience, the way he looks at the world, intelligence, everything that makes him the way he is. just because majority uses drugs doesnt mean that its the only way to expand your way of perception, i mean - its not the only way[the drugs] how to reach that state of mind. its all about music. and please dont tell about history of psytrance music, i know it in general, so i dont think that my statements could be wrong because of that. who can tell me whats the right way how to trip, who can tell me what i have to see and feel then, whats the right way? no-one. you can understand psychedelic music without psychedelics and enjoy it as deep and as good as those who use them.

;)

378953[/snapback]

now that's bull shit my friend :)

Otherwise I understood something wrong for 8 years :P Maybe you just can't imagine some people have a twisted mind even sober...? :D

Maybe you just can't imagine some people have a twisted mind even sober...? :D

378966[/snapback]

or having tom wolfe write the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test having never tried acid himself... or at least he claims...

ahh... fear and loathing was better anyway ;)

if you dont take psychedelics, you will not have perceived the music (or the world) with that certain state of consciousness.. that is a fact.. no, dont say you will get the same thing whether you have taken psychedelics or not...

the question is: Is the understanding after or during the effect of psychedelics better or more true than the normal sober state?

and reger...

"but it doesnt mean that deep states of trance and consciousness cant be reached without drugs " nope, sorry, you cannot reach the same deep states of trance and consciousness without psychedelics... anyone who has taken it will realize how different it is from any experience you might have had normally..

with hard work on yourself, certain combined stimulus, etc,etc, you may even increase reach different levels of understanding... but these are definitely not the same as with psychedelics...

again, Im not saying that it means those who have not taken it are worst or anything like that.. values such as 'worst or better' are subjective and relative.. but its definitely not the same.