black people in the scene....

Dajek

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

At first i wanted to add this post in the topic 'Black People in trance' or something like that but i didn't find it with the search engine.

So people were wondering about black people & psytrance & why it was so few matching in this topic.

I found by random a picture of Mubali (darkpsy artist, check his tune 'Gromit' on Dirty South'), & discovered he was black :)

Posted Image

More infos about Mubali are welcome ;)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

He will play this weekend on Vortex' party in Belgium, I'm sure he can help you, what do you want to know? :)

429925[/snapback]

ok 'Tintin' Anoebis could you hold a cap, wear your nicest golf trousers & don't forget a mic + taperecord to interview Mubali.

Would be interesting to know where he is from (i think he's american), to have his view about black people & psytrance, why so few matching, also what makes him to be involved in the scene ... you see things like these.

By the way i don't know his real name & never seen it anywhere.

ok 'Tintin' Anoebis could you hold a cap, wear your nicest golf trousers & don't forget a mic + taperecord to interview Mubali.

Would be interesting to know where he is from (i think he's american), to have his view about black people & psytrance, why so few matching, also what makes him to be involved in the scene ... you see things like these.

By the way i don't know his real name & never seen it anywhere.

429951[/snapback]

I really don't understand the interest about all this black people thing.... As a matter of fact mubali won't be the only black one dropping tunes on that party....

http://psychedelic.be/djs.php#Lepton

btw : vortex = Lepton

interview with mubali : http://www.brainmachines.com/interviews/interview-mubali.htm

question : how do you post a picture?

I really don't understand the interest about all this black people thing.... As a matter of fact mubali won't be the only black one dropping tunes on that party....

http://psychedelic.be/djs.php#Lepton

btw : vortex = Lepton

interview with mubali : http://www.brainmachines.com/interviews/interview-mubali.htm

question : how do you post a picture?

430021[/snapback]

Posted Image

is that you?

btw someone could ask mubali whats the meaning of his name?

430090[/snapback]

Psylosophy: What's the story behind your project's name?

Mubali: Funny enough... I used to play live action role playing games. There was this one game called "Werewolf the Apocolypse" which was about werewolves.... I made a character in that game that was a Werepanther and named him M'Bali. When it came to being a DJ, I wanted a name that was unique yet easy to remember... I was searching through some of my old writings to see if I could garner some inspiration for my DJ name when I ran across my old character sheet for M'Bali... Not really wanting to have to correct the spelling for the name, I modified it to read Mubali... Originally, I wanted my DJ name and production name to be two separate things, kinda like how Neuromotor has a separate DJ name (Thy Lan) and production name, so when I first started writing my music I was producing under the name Xabuumaphu. In 2003, I went and played at this event in California and was fortunate to hang out with DJ Anneli who used to be with Mechanik Sound Recs. She asked me what I produced under and I told her, and she asked me "How the hell do you expect people to remember that, let alone spell it?? Don't you DJ under a different name? You should just use the dj name, more people will remember it better". That convinced me to abandon the whole separated name thing and just keep it simple. I do admit though, if I ever release stuff in another genre, I would probably use Xabuumaphu again just for laughs.

hes not BLACK, the way majority understands that, or at least i - black=afro :).

but yeah, who gives a fuck, its personality afterall who gets hyped/flamed :)

430114[/snapback]

???? I didn't know you know me from real life ???

I was born in Ruanda and as far as I know that's still in afrika no,

unbelievable: people who don't know me question my roots from a single picture :blink:

Psylosophy: What's the story behind your project's name?

Mubali: Funny enough... I used to play live action role playing games. There was this one game called "Werewolf the Apocolypse" which was about werewolves.... I made a character in that game that was a Werepanther and named him M'Bali. When it came to being a DJ, I wanted a name that was unique yet easy to remember... I was searching through some of my old writings to see if I could garner some inspiration for my DJ name when I ran across my old character sheet for M'Bali... Not really wanting to have to correct the spelling for the name, I modified it to read Mubali... Originally, I wanted my DJ name and production name to be two separate things, kinda like how Neuromotor has a separate DJ name (Thy Lan) and production name, so when I first started writing my music I was producing under the name Xabuumaphu. In 2003, I went and played at this event in California and was fortunate to hang out with DJ Anneli who used to be with Mechanik Sound Recs. She asked me what I produced under and I told her, and she asked me "How the hell do you expect people to remember that, let alone spell it?? Don't you DJ under a different name? You should just use the dj name, more people will remember it better". That convinced me to abandon the whole separated name thing and just keep it simple. I do admit though, if I ever release stuff in another genre, I would probably use Xabuumaphu again just for laughs.

430123[/snapback]

???? I didn't know you know me from real life ???

I was born in Ruanda and as far as I know that's still in afrika no,

unbelievable: people who don't know me question my roots from a single picture  :blink:

430126[/snapback]

well, i dont know you, im just telling what i see, you know :)

you dont look afro the way mubali does, thats what i meant ;)

rap is crap

all that violence in those songs!

YO Motherfuckers,i got da money,now kill dat,fuck dat,stab dat,burn dat,eat dat!

give me a break how can you even call that thing music...just a guy with multiple complexes screaming his head off whill a moronic beat plays on repeat....

ANTI - RAP

rap is crap

all that violence in those songs!

YO Motherfuckers,i got da money,now kill dat,fuck dat,stab dat,burn dat,eat dat!

give me a break how can you even call that thing music...just a guy with multiple complexes screaming his head off whill a moronic beat plays on repeat....

ANTI - RAP

430137[/snapback]

ok

when your mind is open come back and reply.

Claiming that there was or there is not any good hiphop is plaaain stupid

it's like judging whole "psy" scene from Skazi and Eskimo.

not wise eh?

Anti-Pop Consortium springs to mind.. [ Warp Records]...

ok

when your mind is open come back and reply.

Claiming that there was or there is not any good hiphop is plaaain stupid

it's like judging whole "psy" scene from Skazi and Eskimo.

not wise eh?

Anti-Pop Consortium  springs to mind.. [ Warp Records]...

430155[/snapback]

am talking about RAP not hip-hop....hip-hop is on the thin red line between crap and barely tolerable music for me!!!

but i hate rap.....it gives me headaches,makes me want to kill everything that moves...

Forget what i said,am not ruining my day thinking about that bad thing....

It's people who say "RAP SUXXX STUPID HATERS PSY RULES HAHAA"

that make us all sound like retards...

Seriously, you don't think people who hear some psy say the exast same shit back...

stupid fast beats with crazy sounds and drugs and bla bla bla...

seriously...

i thought ud know better than use their ways...