black people in the scene....

Dajek

I've never seen you like a black one...

I'm brown too, don't think there's so much difference between us  :unsure:

352529[/snapback]

hahahahahahaha

get outta here Raindeer, you're all white. caucasian and all.

i assume many of the south african producers are black.

but it doesn't really matter does it?

352441[/snapback]

typical stereotypical assessment. a person hears "african" and thinks black.

99% of them are not black. in fact i dont know of any black south african producers.

yeah, my favorite african rock artist, dave matthews isnt black...

does that mean none of them are? is it all some conspiracy? ahh!!!!!!

but, well, if 99% of africans arn't black, where have all black peep come from, and why so many? did they all move out of africa to other continents?

yeah, my favorite african rock artist, dave matthews isnt black...

does that mean none of them are? is it all some conspiracy? ahh!!!!!!

352753[/snapback]

in cape town, SA, ive been to many parties / festivals and occationally ill spot one or 2 black people.

yeah but thats at psy parties, but even in africa you say its mostly white? at the parties? now thats really something to think about!!!

352758[/snapback]

no dude. its like 10% white in south africa, 90% black and other races. but in the psy scene, those figures are pretty much swopped around.

As a matter of fact, out of the 10+ established South African producers 0 are black... a common missconception, you see "africa" you think black... in most places where SA is represented (sports, music, etc) the people are overwhelmingly white, even though in SA they are vastly outnumbered by blacks. I have quite a few South African friends and every single one is white... All this comes down to something called apartheid... it is no more, but the scars are still VERY visible...

Now out of the off topic... Those artists DP listed are pretty anonymous, I have heard of Mubali and no one else... A very interesting "phenomenon".

I've met few black people through my life... but one Arab guy (although pretty black) asked me for some psytrance... I burned him an mp3 and he quite enjoyed it, pretty much went crazy for Mandalavandalz... too bad he has no chance to visit any parties...

dude, id be really interested in learning about genetics and musical taste philosophy or theories?... is it the genes that affect musical taste? or just the power of cultures that influence yer tastes?

352769[/snapback]

culture, without a doubt.....

genetically all differnt human races on the planet have the same DNA coding. our genetics are the same, regardless of your race.

culture, without a doubt.....

genetically all differnt human races on the planet have the same DNA coding. our genetics are the same, regardless of your race.

352771[/snapback]

yeah but the more you think about it, no one knows the full extent of genetics yet, otherwise we would have clones, PLUS perfected superhumans... but im more talking about the psychology in race and musical taste, it may be independant of dna, (spiritual???) but there does seem to be certain connection with certain people and certain genres of music...

yeah but thats at psy parties, but even in africa you say its mostly white? at the parties? now thats really something to think about!!!

352758[/snapback]

i guess he talks about south africa - state, not a whole africa continent :)

and if everyone had the same dna coding, we would all look exactly the same, and have a record of the genetics of dna in all its glory recorded on dvd....

352799[/snapback]

everyone has uniq dna, but generally humans have one code, that is - humans have human dna, rats rat dna, ants ant dna and so on, explaining simplified :)

Karthikeyan or something... hokey - like two guys...? or one? =]

352802[/snapback]

but hey, at least something, ok Karthikeyan is from india, so not "black", but those few nhl players are ;) - i know definately one name - kevin veeks[or something, donnu how is his name correctly :)]... hes a goal keeper btw :P!

and if everyone had the same dna coding, we would all look exactly the same, and have a record of the genetics of dna in all its glory recorded on dvd....

352799[/snapback]

umm...ever heard of the human genome project....it HAS been recorded. in all its glory. ;)

99% of them are not black. in fact i dont know of any black south african producers.

352751[/snapback]

well indigenoys africans are not white, white africans are europeans in fact. similar case with indigenous Native Americans and "americans". no?

edited#. Reason: Engrish.

well indeginoys africans are not white,  white africans are europeans in fact. similar case with indeginous Native Americans and "americans". no?

352967[/snapback]

south africa was "discovered" by europeans in the 1600's sometime. I consider myself african because many generations of my family were born there, but as you say indiginous africans are black.

Maybe it's because psytrance is the opposite to this kind of life and perception of the World.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

352915[/snapback]

well, common misunderstandning i guess. pictures you saw would be, to use the analogy, the skazi side of "psytrance".. which isnt really psytrance ;]

similarly there IS [or used to be... hmm not sure] good hiphop, conscious hiphop.

;]

'but yeah psychedelic goa is more "spiritual" ;]

;)

352751[/snapback]

Hey >:(

I don't know the numbers but i assume like half of the population there is black... So there's greater chance that there is a black producer there than in england or sweden for example.

It's pure logic...

Hey >:(

I don't know the numbers but i assume like half of the population there is black... So there's greater chance that there is a black producer there than in england or sweden for example.

It's pure logic...

353079[/snapback]

im not being mean dude. relax.

its more like 80% of the population is black in SA. its just the psy-scene down there doesnt comprise of many of them. When you see one at a party down there its like "where did he come from?"