black people in the scene....

Dajek

black people has rhytm in their blood so i guess they like more complicated music.. and maybe they are generally more intelligent so they dont waste their time on some stupid hippie bs like 'plur' and stuff  :D  :P

356036[/snapback]

hey towelie ... :D

i like hiphop[used to listen a lot, quality of course not c-rap...now dont listen much, very rarely..] but i dont think it's more complicated than goa for example. no way... most loops in hiphop are too simple and there's no variation.. let alone that it's usually sampled stuff... in psychedelic goa and generally electronica artists experiment more with synths , mastering is much harder[more sounds] etc etc... so better not generalise.. i try to respect all genres...

for me what hiphop needs is better more innovative production, maybe a broken beat chill/dub/psychill like production with some dope rhymes ;] would sound good.

and why so much rage against hippies and plur? :huh:

i suppose that you are not peaceful and disrespect people// or not? :blink:

hahahahahahaha

get outta here Raindeer, you're all white. caucasian and all.

352710[/snapback]

well I know lepton from real life.... and I can compare his coulour to me it's not that different...

western europe people can be brown too silly :P

another thing:

white men cant dance!

on electronic music, you dont only not have to be able to dance you cant make any fancy moves.

ever noticed if there is a black guy on a trance/techno party, he dances twice as slow, going with the groove instead of us whity's, hands and arms flying around like epeleptics? ;)

Of course it is not THE skin colour per se, it is a cultural thing. But yes, one can stereotype.

Also I do not think that blacks do not like trance because it is not complicated enough. Rather it is a host of things - it is not funky, it not as rhythmically interesting, not as celebratory etc.

It is not just trance that you do not see many blacks on the dance floor. Other styles such as hard techno or gabba also tend not to attract them. And, of course - heavy metal (which must be among the most boring types of music out there).

Although most of the modern white music has some black origins there have always been differences in preferences between blacks and whites. Interestingly enough, I find them much less obvious here in the UK. When I lived in the US (I had a spell there in the 80s and then again in the early 90s), there was a striking difference to what the white boys listened to or danced and the blacks.

I remember the early house hit 'Pump Up the Volume' reaching #1 in 1987 (ahead of Rick Astley) in the mainstream charts in the UK. At the same time very few American college kids even had a clue what house music was - most of them were still listening to what in the US is termed as 'classic rock'. Virtually all of the kids (even many nowadays!) thought that the UK acid parties of 1987 were about taking LSD (acid). Probably even in Chicago, where the first acid house track was coined...

In fact, to show how race attitudes differ - in 1979 there was the infamous Disco Sucks Campaign by an American DJ (white of course) in Chicago. It culminated with tens of thousands of white boys packing into the Chicago baseball stadium to burn mountains of disco LPs. This is the same Chicago which was the genesis of House music (which is derived from disco music). As most of you know, of course, house is so called because the music was played at a venue called the Warehouse in Chicago. The attendance at those parties was mostly black.

In my experience with white parties back in the 1980s you did get some black music as well as some white (usually British music, e.g. New Order - white Americans were not making much danceable music back then) tunes. But you had to go to the black and gay clubs if you really wanted to dance.

I had a blonde girlfriend back then and sometimes we did feel a bit out of place at some of the parties. But we had a great time...

Pedro

In fact, to show how race attitudes differ - in 1979 there was the infamous Disco Sucks Campaign by an American DJ (white of course) in Chicago. It culminated with tens of thousands of white boys packing into the Chicago baseball stadium to burn mountains of disco LPs.

Pedro

356422[/snapback]

yeah i saw that clip in one of my classes, pretty shocking... :blink:

Once I played psy really loud in my headphones so even people around me could hear it. Many of them were black guys into rap and hip hop....and then one of them says something like:

"that crazy ass music will hypnotize your ass"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

356509[/snapback]

and thus they called it trance music...

According to Arun Saldanha, "Goa trance is throbbing and totally unfunky. This non-connection to black music might be a reason why Goa trance audiences in the UK and US are nearly exclusively white (note the historic analogy with psychedelic rock)."

Funny, Arun is my buddy teaching at a university here in Minnesota. Sorry! I just wanted to point it out. He studies a lot on music. Ahhhh, the wonders of the last psytrance party with him. :-)

Aaron

Once I played psy really loud in my headphones so even people around me could hear it. Many of them were black guys into rap and hip hop....and then one of them says something like:

"that crazy ass music will hypnotize your ass"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

356509[/snapback]

:lol:

I always find it strange how come there is so few indian producers ( none in goa section  :huh: ) in the country that originates trance in its core... :unsure:

358481[/snapback]

wasnt goa trance scene made by european and american hippies/tourists/party goers back then?! i guess thats why there are no indian producers, the only thing that they have to do to the scene [imo] is that it originated in india, but it doesnt mean that they have to produce it aswell <_< . actually no connection, just place... as much as i know...:)

wasnt goa trance scene made by european and american hippies/tourists/party goers back then?! i guess thats why there are no indian producers, the only thing that they have to do to the scene [imo] is that it originated in india, but it doesnt mean that they have to produce it aswell <_< . actually no connection, just place... as much as i know...:)

358951[/snapback]

it was influenced/inspired by indian rhythms/melodies and such

thats the point... usa developed hip-hop/dnb

359038[/snapback]

i mean - americans contributed together with europeans :) ofcourse europeans contributed more by dj'ing and producing, but there still where party goers/hippies from other countries/continents :)

yes but the inspiration was from India ! :D

and the parties etc started their... i think.

359088[/snapback]

Yes, of course the inspiration, but I always find it strange how in country that has 1.1. billion people with hot spot GOA and many druggies there weren't any indians making pure, essential goa trance.

well, common misunderstandning i guess. pictures you saw would be, to use the analogy, the skazi side of "psytrance".. which isnt really psytrance ;]

similarly there IS [or used to be... hmm not sure] good hiphop, conscious hiphop.

;]

'but yeah  psychedelic goa is more "spiritual"  ;]

;)

352977[/snapback]

hear hear

not all black persons are bling bling hip hop pimps .

i dont know why this is.

we should go to africa and see their

is their a trance scene in africa?

maybe ethiopia i heard?

you will find black psytrancers over their.

and you probably wont see any white guys over there ...

In fact, to show how race attitudes differ - in 1979 there was the infamous Disco Sucks Campaign by an American DJ (white of course) in Chicago. It culminated with tens of thousands of white boys packing into the Chicago baseball stadium to burn mountains of disco LPs.

356422[/snapback]

We plan to do the same but with Full On. The campaign will be called Full On Sucks and we will burn Hypersonic, Alien Project and Skazi cds.

We plan to do the same but with Full On. The campaign will be called Full On Sucks and we will burn Hypersonic, Alien Project and Skazi cds.

359541[/snapback]

Great idea ! Let's organise it on The Gathering. ;)