Tiesto Trance

voomzap

And no, it's not "gaytrance". You just can't appreciate anything else than psy. So shut up.

320278[/snapback]

not true. I like and listen to a lot of different styles of music. I'm talking about good music, that is, not 'gaytrance'. :P

of course all the recent yahel, hypersonic, and most cheesy full-on is in that category, so don't worry, Tiesto isn't lonely. :rolleyes:

ofcourse the tiesto on the goatrance.nl forum is a big joke

320147[/snapback]

is that true then it sucked cause I really checked it and he wanted to gave me tickes for his concert...

I hope it is a joke... I like it better that way....

I just read that conversation you had with him, you first asked him if he 'Really was Tiesto', 'Tiesto' immediatly responded with "yes, give me your e-mail adress and send me a sandwich with cheese and you're on the guestlist of my next gig..."

LOL - then you said 'no thanx, but i have some questions'...' blablabla

hahaha you really think Tiesto is moderating the Goatrance NL forum...???

Posted Image a shout-out to Goatrance NL

320201[/snapback]

off course i did why should that be wrong, tiesto is from holland so... what kind of a mod calls himself tiesto at a goaforum with his pic.... so stupid....

but it's good it's not that way ;)

Before anyone here has any authority to speak about Tiesto, you need to give an honest listen to all of his compilations and albums first.  For what it's worth, some of the worst trance I've ever heard is psytrance.  A lot of psytrancers seem to have this elitist technophile attitude about how great Goa/psy is and how crappy anything else is.  Music is what it is; nothing more & nothing less.  Goa trance as a genre is one of the most amazing types off music there are, but for sheer feel-good-euphoria-mind-trip music some of Tiesto and artists of his kind can't be beat.

Tiesto's compilations Magik 1 and Magik 2 could very well be some of the best trance I've ever heard in my life.  You'd be pretty hard pressed to call it pop trance.  If anything, I'd call it dream trance, but it's some powerful stuff.

For something that's a bit more 'mainstream', if you will, there is Magik 6.  IMO Magik 6 is probably the best trance compilation of all times, bar none.  For a more chilled trance, the same could be said for his In Search of Sunrise 3:  Panama.

Sadly, his later stuff is kind of crappy, but then again most trance produced these days doesn't suit my ears very well.

320241[/snapback]

can't agree more.

I used to listen to a lot of it back in <2000 but after that it seems like it all turned very uninteresting..

Not many releases since then has interested me but then again I pretty much stopped listening to the genre

Favourites from after 2000:

Kuffdam & Plant - Seduction (remix)

Tiesto - Urban Train

Tiesto - Magik Journey

Aquasource - Waking up the sun

AP - Mahadeva (Joof remix)

Now it feels like it has the same crap rate as full-on. Why limit yourself to psy/goa? All trance stuff doesn't have to sound like DJ Sammy or have those screaming noisy synths during a Jesus-decends-from-heaven break...

I enjoy quite a lot most of the compilations by Tiesto,Paul Van Dyk,Armin Van Buren and the likes,some tracks are very cheesy yes but there are some diamonds too in these cds with great production and amazing ideas.

My favorite though has to be Paul Oakenfold who has moved to another level by remixing tracks by Madonna,Bjork and more.His remix on Pagan Poetry by Bjork is a massive track.

In any case this gang of superstar djs is preety good if you ask me and shows another aspect of trance which is more easy listening and more welcome by the majority of people.

And last but not least at least these people have great production unlike 90% of psy trance releases.

Its true that Tiesto,Paul Oakenfold and Paul Van Dyk music is mostly produced by other people (those funny little guys with glasses that work all day in a studio hehe) due to the heavy scheudle of these very famous artists but they also are involved in most of these studio sessions and guide the producers in what they need or what needs to be fixed in an already produced track.In any case just grab an original cd and you will see in the credits that on each track 3-4 people are usually mentioned.

Nobody doubts though that Tiesto and the likes are capable of producing good music because thats what made them famous in the first place and thats where they begun from :)

I made a clubtrance thread here not too long ago. Inquiring good clubtrance music since I find it very hard to find these over-the-top-edge-awesome-stuff that I do know exists. Anyway, I've been listening through several GBs of clubtrance the latest weeks and.. tadaa.. Here it is, for everyone to enjoy :)

-> My -> B E S T O F C L U B T R A N C E recommendations:

1. Airbase – Emotion

2. Airbase - Genie (Michael Splint Vs. F & W Remix)

3. Airscape - Sosei (F & W Remix)

4. Alphazone - Revelation (Original Mix)

5. Blank & Jones - Coming to Life

6. Climax 69 - First Contact (Club Mix)

7. Iio - Smooth (Airbase Remix)

8. JamX & DeLeon - Mind Made Up (Rank 1 Remix)

9. Shane 54 - Equinoxe 4 (Original Mix)

10. Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown (G & M Project Remix)

No Tiesto, Oakenfold or Dyk here :)

Its true that Tiesto,Paul Oakenfold and Paul Van Dyk music is mostly produced by other people (

320518[/snapback]

incorrect. PVD actually has produced MANY tracks on his own. some of them really good. some of them crap. but he does produce.

And this gay shit... I don't find this to be childish at all. If FP says gaytrance, he means trance but a bit different, trance that has nothing to do with trance. And it doesn't say anything about these people because most people I know would act this way. Didn't want to offend you, sorry, but come on... Tiesto?  <_<

UPD: Not very nice of you to edit your comment and delet few lines. Shame on you! ;)

320246[/snapback]

You're right...my bad. It's all good. :P

I have kind of a short fuse, and a lot of times on these boards I'll write something and then decide better against posting it. It's always pissed me off when people hijack topics with their little side interests, so as soon as I posted it I realized it really had nothing to do with the topic of Tiesto trance, and I decided to "straighten" it up. LOL

Overdose i said MOSTLY and not ONLY,sometimes words are there for a reason you know and its not nice to ignore them or change their meaning :)

Now about Paul Van Dyk who has my utmost respect and i consider him as a great dj and producer.

In his massive album Out There And Back some people were involved in many of the double album tracks but are not credited for it (but rather mentioned in the thanks section),Starecase and BT are two of them just for your information.

BT to be honest is the guy responsible for half the tracks released at that period by the big trance names but he chose to keep a more underground profile for some reason ;)

Overdose i said MOSTLY and not ONLY,sometimes words are there for a reason you know and its not nice to ignore them or change their meaning :)

320689[/snapback]

I said he produces many tracks. You said his music is mostly produced by others. Which mean that according to you, Paul van Dykes music is mostly not produced by him. mostly not and only are quite obviously very contrasted to each other. My opinion was practically the absolute opposite of what you said, rendering what i said a perfectly valid statement. :rolleyes:

My favorite though has to be Paul Oakenfold who has moved to another level by remixing tracks by Madonna,Bjork and more.His remix on Pagan Poetry by Bjork is a massive track.

320444[/snapback]

Oakie is the man. He has got to be one of the most influential producers/dj's of the 90's. The man produced the fookin Happy Mondays. And the list just goes on and on.

He also produces.

320495[/snapback]

No he doesn't

BT to be honest is the guy responsible for half the tracks released at that period by the big trance names but he chose to keep a more underground profile for some reason ;)

320689[/snapback]

BT is a genius. No doubt. Anybody who works with the fucking N'Sync and still makes them sound hearable and challenging worths the highest of ranks. A genius. Did i already mention it?

His first CD was mint. Not cheesy and epic. The second one had a few flashes of genius, but overall was bad.

And no, it's not "gaytrance". You just can't appreciate anything else than psy. So shut up.

320278[/snapback]

I can appreciate much music, but this is too gay.. i listen to alot actually

oakenfold also produced "starry eye surprised" or whatever the name is, and I saw him live once, and he only played for hour and 15 minutes gaining nothing but the crowds hate. his set wasnt good either. he thinks he is way over everybody beh....

I made a clubtrance thread here not too long ago. Inquiring good clubtrance music since I find it very hard to find these over-the-top-edge-awesome-stuff that I do know exists. Anyway, I've been listening through several GBs of clubtrance the latest weeks and.. tadaa.. Here it is, for everyone to enjoy :)

-> My -> B E S T  O F  C L U B T R A N C E recommendations:

1. Airbase – Emotion

2. Airbase - Genie (Michael Splint Vs. F & W Remix)

3. Airscape - Sosei (F & W Remix)

4. Alphazone - Revelation (Original Mix)

5. Blank & Jones - Coming to Life

6. Climax 69 - First Contact (Club Mix)

7. Iio - Smooth (Airbase Remix)

8. JamX & DeLeon - Mind Made Up (Rank 1 Remix)

9. Shane 54 - Equinoxe 4 (Original Mix)

10. Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown (G & M Project Remix)

No Tiesto, Oakenfold or Dyk here :)

320542[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but most of the tracks I've heard from that list is crap. Especially Airbase, his stuff is the worst fluff you can get.

I've more or less stopped listening to club trance, every release today is the same over-fluffy shit. Tiesto has also lost it, although I have to admit he was one of the main reasons I got into electronic music originally. Some of his comps are still good stuff, especially the early Magiks.

Tiesto - Lethal Industry

Tiesto - Traffic

are amazing pieces. Tiesto is likeable in general but I also don`t like his recent stuff ( excluding Adagio for strings). And what`s this bashing of "gaytrance" ? It`s just a commercial mainstream trance.

I also know some of BT`s works and I wasn`t blown away, some of the songs are .. somehow good .. there aren`t any as good as Traffic and Lethal Industry

• 1 month later...