Tiesto Trance

voomzap

oakenfold also produced "starry eye surprised" or whatever the name is, and I saw him live once, and he only played for hour and 15 minutes gaining nothing but the crowds hate. his set wasnt good either. he thinks he is way over everybody beh....

320753[/snapback]

a few friends saw him live in creamfields a while back now and they said he was sooo messed up he could barely stand, let alone mix ;) apparently his little minions were doing all the work as he struggled to remain in two feet...

:unsure:

Compilations like "Magik", "Forbidden Paradise", "in Trance We Trust" are great examples of fine euro-trance from the late 90th quality releases. But it didnt last. Just one-two years later, euro-trance was commerciolized. But those first compilation releases where indeed great. Euro-trance is a xtc music genre. And in the late 90ths, this music really worked well. It was about love and not agressivness, like we have in our new Full-On scene. So I would prefer the older euro-tracks. Chicane also released a beautiful xtc album. Behind The Sun. Masterly made.

Tiesto sucks!!!!!

Tiesto is no trance, it's just shitty looped sounds with even more shittier percussion and phat bass, like full on.  :lol:

But trance Rocks!!!!!

347847[/snapback]

1. Tiesto sucks ..? What do you know of Tiesto?

2. Tiesto is trance, pure trance. First and most, Tiesto doesnt produce music. Tiesto was a great compilationer.. Well, he made great trance compilations.

3. Trance B) would you like to dance?

not really Cinos. Is it just as good?

First and most, Tiesto doesnt produce music.

348003[/snapback]

You wish. He used to be good at it, but now he's really shitty.

not really Cinos. Is it just as good?

348003[/snapback]

As good or better. More ambient-ish though. :)

I've heard various eurotrance compilations. Some is quite good. Some is pure shit. I guess not unlike goa.

My trouble with it is it's so commerical. I remember going to some house (as in at a house, not house the genre) parties a few years back. There was this group of Russian guys... all bling bling thugs and whiggers. Not really evil, just so lame lame lame. They loved eurotrance. They'd show up and take over and play only eurotrance and just stand around the speakers flexing and flashing cheap jewelry. That kind of said it all to me. As a scene, mega raves, hero worship, etc. No thanks.

My other issue with eurotrance/dreamtrance/clubtrance is every CD is some mix and all tracks are remixed remixed remixes mixed together. Half the tracks on a mix CD are good... and the rest bad. You can't make your own CD because you don't have each track on its own. And most tracks on their own have 30 seconds to a minute of just beats with nothing else as an intro and outro. Built only for mixing. As a home listener... this is useless to me.

As a result, I own no CD's in this area.

And most tracks on their own have 30 seconds to a minute of just beats with nothing else as an intro and outro. Built only for mixing. As a home listener... this is useless to me.

348049[/snapback]

have to agree, they make such annoying outros, but now i make my compilations and cut those outros with a software, and my self compilations are better like this.

My other issue with eurotrance/dreamtrance/clubtrance is every CD is some mix and all tracks are remixed remixed remixes mixed together. Half the tracks on a mix CD are good... and the rest bad. You can't make your own CD because you don't have each track on its own. And most tracks on their own have 30 seconds to a minute of just beats with nothing else as an intro and outro. Built only for mixing. As a home listener... this is useless to me.

348049[/snapback]

Buy artist albums. And please don't call the music eurotrance. Eurotrance is the kind of stuff you hear on the radio, like Ian Van Dahl and Lasgo.

"Buy artist albums. "

Prove me wrong. Nothing would make me happier.

Examples?

348127[/snapback]

Clubtrance artist albums with unmixed tracks?

Armin Van Buuren - 76

ATB - Moving Melodies

DJ Tiesto - In My Memory

Mirco De Govia - Chronoscale

Paul Van Dyk - Out There And Back

Robert Miles - Dreamland

Sasha - Xpander EP

Chicane - Behind The Sun, Far From The Maddening Crowds

etc. Don't have time to list more right now.

to me, tiesto fell in the same trap than lots of artist who were underground and became commercial. he probably wanted to live from his music.

i like his music anyway, especially the remix of clockwork orange.

I think Tiestos "Va - In Search For Sunrise compilations" are very good. Purist wont agree ofcourse, franky i dont care. People seem to diss him just because he's popular, imo Tiesto got some good talent to do a mix, tracks fit good together. The music is nothing i want to hear in parties or if im in a need for some stomping music. But sometimes there are moments when i want to hear relaxing trance with female vocals on top. I think some people just can't appreciate him because he's candyravers good. As i said, sometimes there are moments when i want to hear beautiful and relaxing trance. Tiesto's In Search For Sunrise fits those moments well.

Don't know about his other mixes, but those i mentioned are very well put together imo.

Clubtrance artist albums with unmixed tracks?

Armin Van Buuren - 76

ATB - Moving Melodies

DJ Tiesto - In My Memory

Mirco De Govia - Chronoscale

Paul Van Dyk - Out There And Back

Robert Miles - Dreamland

Sasha - Xpander EP

Chicane - Behind The Sun, Far From The Maddening Crowds

etc. Don't have time to list more right now.

348157[/snapback]

At least half of those are crap. Stay far away until you at least know how it sounds like.

tiesto is moderating the goatrance forum in holland like I said before and I asked him what his plans were...

he wants to make goa...

but his producers says the crowed isn't ready for goa and he has to wait and use trance first to make money and then use goa to make money...

it's pure for the money.... they responded...

so tiesto will be entering the goa scéne one day....

320089[/snapback]

:blink::oPosted Image:lol::rolleyes:

r u serious?!

At least half of those are crap. Stay far away until you at least know how it sounds like.

349935[/snapback]

The above statement is false. All of the albums I listed are more or less very good.