How many records do you own?

ukiro

How many records do you own? Both CD & Vinyl, no copies!  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How many records do you own? Both CD & Vinyl, no copies!

• 1-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-400
    • 401-600
    • 601-1000
    • 1001-1500
    • 1501-2000
    • 2001-3000
    • 3001-infinity
    • I have absolutely no idea

I have 650-700 cds. Most of it is psy-trance, although various styles of electronic music is constantly growing larger. I'm actually buying less psy-trance these days then other kinds of music.

The best cd storage so far is:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...104*10173*10514

combined with:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...104*10173*10514

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

progtrance/chill cds, I have maybe 50 now.... and I have maybe 100 cds of other genres spread over my house..

Although it's really nice to have a huge collection of music but i personally find it useless to have such a great amounts. I try to focus on buying only things that i really like and that unfortunatelly is getting only fewer. I don't feel the urge to buy some oblivious compilation from 1996 just because there's a Hallucinogen track there that i don't have anywhere else. I try to focus on byuing stuff that i really like. I visit oftenly Tower Records and i rarely buying anything because i can't find anything interesting enough. I rarely buy compilations (only very good chill compilations) so that frees me from about 80% of releases nowadays. All in all i have about 150 Original CDs and DVDs. And my wantlist is not that big.

My Collection

Although it's really nice to have a huge collection of music but i personally find it useless to have such a great amounts. I try to focus on buying only things that i really like and that unfortunatelly is getting only fewer. I don't feel the urge to buy some oblivious compilation from 1996 just because there's a Hallucinogen track there that i don't have anywhere else. I try to focus on byuing stuff that i really like.

230896[/snapback]

agree 100%! Why would I spend money on something I dont listen to? that is just waste imo... all the cds I have I listen to, without exception...

Damn huge collections but can't imagine what to do with that many reccords.

If I had 1000 reccords I think 800 of them would be just standing there and would never be used except for the first time or for one or 2 tracks that are worth it...

btw "Frontier Psychiatrist" : VSCDT 1588 Spice Girls - Wannabe (Virgin Records )

Big fan I guess :)

I've got about 60, and very few of them are psy. i used to buy lots of psy/ambient cd's a few years ago, but then i got bored with the whole genre and i sold a lot of them. lately i've started buying stuff again but it's mostly idm/rock.

weren't you at 1300-something just a few weeks ago? Damn, man... you're closing in =)

231029[/snapback]

No, but I have updated my discogs list lately...:) By the way, I don't collect vinyls, only CD's. I have a few vinyls too, but that's mostly because of the cover art... And I'm 26 years old too

Acording to Discogs I have 787 CDs and vinyls. I guess in total it is a bit more than 1000 since I also have a lot of pop and rock records and stuff from several genres.

I'm proud to say that I like about 98% of my records, so I'm happy with what I own.

*Counting*

And damn!!.. People like PKS ect. is gonna make my collection look like nada. ... .. . . . But to get cd's for free from Record labels are in my opinion, almost like cheating :P ..

Yes, I was thinking PKS must have the biggest psy trance collection on this planet. Sounds exaggerated?

Probably not, the guy reviews almost every single release out there.

His site is actually the best site to get information on new releases.

Could we maybe see a picture of your collection :P

It depends just psychedelic or non psychedelic ????

let's say since the fullon explosion I stopped buying psy cd's cause it's a non profit investigation...

and I'm a student paying my own schoolcost so there's goes my priority ;)

hmm, my discogs says 355 where I only have electronic music (goa, full-on, "club trance", progressive, techno).

I'd say I have at leat 100 more with other genres and stuff like:

- Casettes (All kinds of music even Hallucinogen - Lone deranger ;) )

- A bunch of vinyls with 60's/70's rock (Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, some obscure swedish rock, etc)

- A bunch of vinyls with 70's/80s disco (Boney M, ABBA, etc :lol:)

- Classical music (love it!)

about my trance collection, I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far, but I do miss some of the old school "must-have" releases.. <_<