Artists you dislike but most people love!

Ormion

+1 for Bluetech, never was amazed by his style a bit cheesy commercial & not fully chill but somehow slow motion dream-trance.

For some reason this sounds like such a beautiful description :rolleyes:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike the artists themselves but I have to say I've never really got into Astral Projection and Celtic Cross. Maybe I should give the Celtic Cross album another go, I do like music with celtic influences but so far I was always bored when I gave that project another try.

Rreally-? I feel quit the opisate about Shulman, while I absolutely love and adore his two first albums, I found the follow-up 'Random Thoughts' to be utter beh. I fell so out of love with it that I didn't even bother to check out his newest contribution, 'Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart'. Maybe my loss, maybe that one would be more to my liking since the 'Random Thoughts' album wasnt a pure concept album like the first two. Again, the first two albums; 'Soundscapes And Modern Tales' and 'In Search Of A Meaningful Moment' wubbed me hugetime:)

Rreally-? I feel quit the opisate about Shulman, while I absolutely love and adore his two first albums, I found the follow-up 'Random Thoughts' to be utter beh. I fell so out of love with it that I didn't even bother to check out his newest contribution, 'Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart'.

Endless Rhythms is my favorite Shulman album, and Random Thoughts is utter bleh in my opinion also. Would definitely say you are missing out, though I am a little biased because I got to listen to Endless Rhythms while traveling through Venezuela by river boat :)

In terms of something I am not too fond of but everyone else loves, quite honestly I was not nearly as impressed with the Crop Circles album last year as most. I.F.O and Ominus both trump it as far as I'm concerned.

Rreally-? I feel quit the opisate about Shulman, while I absolutely love and adore his two first albums, I found the follow-up 'Random Thoughts' to be utter beh. I fell so out of love with it that I didn't even bother to check out his newest contribution, 'Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart'. Maybe my loss, maybe that one would be more to my liking since the 'Random Thoughts' album wasnt a pure concept album like the first two. Again, the first two albums; 'Soundscapes And Modern Tales' and 'In Search Of A Meaningful Moment' wubbed me hugetime:)

Well I I just never found anything original or exiting in his first three albums (third one left me with no impression what so ever <_< )... It seemed like I had heard it all before... but the new one is a totally different story, seems to me like he finally found his own sound.

well mostly all the goa ''classic"" music that came out from 1990's like astral, Ifo, hux flux, talamasca (Except couple songs) and ton more like eat static, or juno reactor, or whats the name again!!! man with no name, and mostly all the classics everyone love from the 90's, pretty much bore me to death, i understand why it was good for his time and all, but really, i mostly find them too repetitive

Funny things is, I was never that much of a MFG fan myself, but nevertheless, I'm going to their gig tonight. There is something about their sound that makes me reluctant to put on their albums. Truth be said, I can give "Project genesis" an occasional spin, but their debut and sophmore albums don't please my senses. I don't know, I don't find their tracks memorable...

Some other projects which seem to be generally loved, but mainly avoided by my CD player are:

Prometheus

S.U.N. Project

Shiva Chandra

Electric Universe

Infected Mushroom

Shiva Shidapu and every other possible, imaginable, known and unknown alias of theirs.

I really wouldn't appreciate if somebody misinterpreted my intention here, and started a hatred war. This is merely an interesting glance at some artists which have through time gained a certain status and/or cult following, but never quite captured my attention as much as I maybe expected.

i agree with everything, but im not sure, but i think we hate each other right?

A month has passed and murphythecat is still unaware of a solution for MULTI QUOTING.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

CLICK THAT ON THE POSTS YOU WANT TO QUOTE/REPLY TO AND THEN CLICK 'ADD REPLY'

Argh...

And if you want to express an opinion or make reply without quoting with that, just write it on top of the quote blocks you have quoted. Jesus.. *tries to calm down*

I need to talk about Simon Posford

I understand what you guys says about hallucinogen and all his other project. For me, Simon posford is a god, but only when im stone, otherwise, when im sober, its good, but not REALLY superior to the top psytrance artist...

but when i take some medicinal herbs, god! even if i listen maybe 200 hundred time the twisted album or are you shpongle(but are you shpongle is good all the time for me) well it feels like a new experience each time, and it never happened with any other artist, so for a totally sober guy, for sure, posford its good but not a GD, but for a stonehead guy, posford is something amazing. Thats my opinion about posford.

A month has passed and murphythecat is still unaware of a solution for MULTI QUOTING.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

CLICK THAT ON THE POSTS YOU WANT TO QUOTE/REPLY TO AND THEN CLICK 'ADD REPLY'

Argh...

And if you want to express an opinion or make reply without quoting with that, just write it on top of the quote blocks you have quoted. Jesus.. *tries to calm down*

Sorry really. but i dont know how to multiple the quote!!!!!!can you give me the instruction in a PM????? and i will fix that...

back in the days it used to be Infected Mushroom... I'd always read heaps and heaps of positive reviews on their albums, give them a listen and wonder what the hell is supposed to be so good about them (although these days many people agree to call their new stuff crap ;) ). Similarly, although on a lesser scale (I DO like some of their stuff, but find them very overrated): Juno Reactor, KoxBox, Penta, Psykovsy (Da Budet album) and even the high and mighty Hallucinogen.

Also, some of the members of the newschool movement, but I won't give any names since even though I don't really like their stuff, I appreciate their effort to revive oldschool ;)

i agree with everything, but im not sure, but i think we hate each other right?

Hate is such a strong word, but I don't hate anybody. We tend to disagree a lot, but that is what humans are like, and that makes us interesting and unique.

Infected Mushroom: Copycats from the beginning. I don't get why most people don't see this.

Shamanic Tribes On Acid: Boring and uninspired.

California Sunshine: Goa Trance for kids.

Doof: not so bad, but overrated for sure.

Neelix: cheesy as hell.

Feuerhake: same.

Edit: Oh yes: Hallucinogen for sure. 3 good tracks, that's it. Totally overrated.

Infected Mushroom: Copycats from the beginning. I don't get why most people don't see this.

Shamanic Tribes On Acid: Boring and uninspired.

California Sunshine: Goa Trance for kids.

Doof: not so bad, but overrated for sure.

Neelix: cheesy as hell.

Feuerhake: same.

Edit: Oh yes: Hallucinogen for sure. 3 good tracks, that's it. Totally overrated.

Infected mushroom? copycats? ive never heard song like never ever land, or song pong, or bust a move, in fact, I've never heard such psytrance like IM, who are they copying? Maybe there and there, they take inspiration from other artist, like shpongle with the second disc of converting vegetarians, but I feel like your pushing too hard on IM case's, they did some REALLY originals stuff.

hallucinogen: 3 good tracks? you must be kidding me!

reveal copied artists please.

Hallucinogen. The Gathering is a copy with IM twist of his music. They have openly spoken about this, it's not a shame and nada to hide. It's Ok, and more then super Ok when you hear the result, imo!

And there aint nothing wrong about being inspired and doing something in the same spirit or vibe or whatever. WHat matters is how it's done and what it projects.

IM for the diploma fo'sho reispecto

Hallucinogen. The Gathering is a copy with IM twist of his music. They have openly spoken about this, it's not a shame and nada to hide. It's Ok, and more then super Ok when you hear the result, imo!

:unsure:

Personally I can't hear any similarities at all between The Gathering and Hallucinogen.