Artists you dislike but most people love!

Ormion

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about Transwave, I don't mean it is bad, but not among the best goa in my opinion, I don't see a track by them that is legendary (Land of freedom, too cheesy for me even in the 90's). Good tracks : Malaka dance, Phototropic, Flamycogyre, etc. but not one that is unforgettable for me.

Space tribe : what are the killer tracks from him ? Some good tracks (ultraviolet catastrophe, you can be anything...) but overrated artist IMO

Prana : I like their music but thinking about Prana I can't find any killer track other than Scarab... Alien pets is overrated IMO

Oh, and I am happy no one in this thread mentioned Chi-AD and Dimension 5 :)

I really can't get into Filteria, god i've tried but I just can't. It's not even prejudice against newschool because I love Space Elves, Khetzal, Astrancer etc.

It's actually annoying to read the reviews and not be able to tap into it!

I don't like a lot of newer stuff, went off Astrix a long time ago and just can't hack Infected Mushroom.

Oh, I HATE 1200 mics.

Electric Universe - The guy might have a few good tracks up his sleeve, also 'Cosmic Experience' was quality. Other than that, the older productions are too simplistic/dated (and were at the time of releasing when compared to the best artists) and newer productions is your basic 'trying to stay in the game' party poop.

Dimension 5 - I might be alone with my view, but this is the way I see it: but they released a lot of easy, plain simple too repetitive goa; tracks where the melodies and themes go on and on and on, without variation! This happened on all their productions up till '95. Later on, they made a few killer cuts that are found on 'Transdimensional' and the singles 'Iron Sun rmx' + 'Temple Of Chaos' also have that extra edge, level of deepness that somewhat justifies their status. 'Second Phaze' isn't bad but in the end somewhat forgettable and Hunab Ku material is just cheesefest to the max.

Dimension 5 - I might be alone with my view, but this is the way I see it: but they released a lot of easy, plain simple too repetitive goa; tracks where the melodies and themes go on and on and on, without variation! This happened on all their productions up till '95. Later on, they made a few killer cuts that are found on 'Transdimensional' and the singles 'Iron Sun rmx' + 'Temple Of Chaos' also have that extra edge, level of deepness that somewhat justifies their status. 'Second Phaze' isn't bad but in the end somewhat forgettable and Hunab Ku material is just cheesefest to the max.

+1 in everything you wrote.

Except Hunab Ku cause I've only listened to one track, so I can't judge.

I forgot to mention that I strongly dislike Talpa, nothing he's done has grabbed me in any way. I don't even find ti that "trippy".

+1 for Talpa

Very annoying samples.

There was another artist around the same time as Talpa's debut that was just as annoying but everyone seemed to love it. Can't remember the artist or title now though :(

+1 for Talpa

Very annoying samples.

There was another artist around the same time as Talpa's debut that was just as annoying but everyone seemed to love it. Can't remember the artist or title now though :(

The Misted Muppet?