Tom from Indianapolis (in the States). I’m here quite often. Been into goa/psy since 2005. Listening to a ton of New School Goa these days. Hard to know what’s good with no operational psynews reviews section— I’ll check out Bandcamp + Discogs.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, JISNEGRO said:

I try to visit from time to time but strangely whenever I try to log in from within Canada, where I live, I get a message saying I am banned. Maybe there are some IP restrictions which prevent anyone from Canada to access the forum? Any moderator can help with that? 

Hi, I tried to look into this, but I did NOT find that we use any geolock or spam prevent setting that prevents IP adresses from a specific country. 

In your logs, I found this entry:
Logged in from a new device but did not complete two-factor authentication: Firefox 91.0 on Android.
September 13, 2021

May this be a hint on what's going on?

Otherwise feel free to post the mesage that you get, so that we may look further into it.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, Parasphere said:

Weird hmm, @RTP @Penzoline could anyone of you in the mod/admin team check into the login issues of Jisnegro and the goa constrictor? And potentially other new and old visitors to the forum. Thanks! 🙏🏼 :) 

Thanks for mentioning and getting my attention :) 

This is an importnat thread anyway.
I'd like to do a "check in" too: 

My life has turned very much upside down, in a positive way (new relationship), but it was very challenging for me. I've also moved and am in a different flat now, still living out of boxes. I was quite under pressure during the last months. I'm really happy that there was no urgent matter here, for it could very well have been the drop that is too much for me to take...
It has now calmed down a little and the cracking and creaking noises in my universe, which apparently was already suffering a little under the velocity of its expansion, have stopped or at least died down ... and I am now using the "calmer seas" to sit down and send out a little signal, that all is well in my life and that I will never forget this site and always will come back, now more than in the months before - it's a pleasure to be an admin and I thank you for it ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 9:48 PM, Parasphere said:

Good to see you back @RTP and yeah life has it's fair share of changes. :D I wish you well and thanks for not abandoning the forum completely. A forum without mods, well that would be something wouldn't it? 🥷

Cheers :) ... yes, never was really gone, but definitely back and still on it. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 4:50 PM, phobium said:

Hello. I do the occasional lurking.

Phobaaa!!!!

I log-in here once or twice a year, but this place is half-active so not much happening here.
Not that Im super busy with my daily life, but I have neither time nor willingness to spam out this place like I did back in the days, plus, its illegal now anyways plus its super quiet and to some extent boring and sterile looking without cracy oldies, it used to be buzzing here, now its a freaking desert :D !

Im glad to see some older faces popping up here once in a while tho!

Been listening more to proghouse and all kinds of diferent electronic music subgenres on Spotify, I dont listen Goa/Psy in my daily life anymore, I still love it, but Im nost actively listening to it anymore, maybe couple of songs couple of times a year and I have not been researching for a new Goa/Psy/Ambient stuff in years, so its basically everything oldschool and up into 2000s that Im listening once in a while. 

I was lurking around in 2004 and registered in 2005, the rest is history.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Parasphere said:

Yay the forum is back from the dead, I thought it was game over for real. 🥹

Just need the reviews section to pop off again. I’ll come up with a few for 2020-2023. Need to know what’s good!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phluff said:

Just need the reviews section to pop off again. I’ll come up with a few for 2020-2023. Need to know what’s good!

Yeah I was thinking the same. I think it would be nice to make some reviews again. To get some new inspiration, I feel like I'm stuck in a loop listening to the same old classics. :D I mean there must be some new stellar music out there, besides some old gems one might've missed right? ;)

Gonna explore some new music and play the Crysis remastered trilogy. Scifi first person shooters + Psytrance FTW.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:45 PM, Phluff said:

Tom from Indianapolis (in the States). I’m here quite often. Been into goa/psy since 2005. Listening to a ton of New School Goa these days. Hard to know what’s good with no operational psynews reviews section— I’ll check out Bandcamp + Discogs.

Yeah I agree, for me this has certainly led to less discovering of new Psy/Goa music. I really miss the joy when some really massive album dropped here, and feeling the enthusiasm from the people on this board around those precious gems of music. That collective energy helped me discover a lot of nice music. To see the heated debates that every new album of artists would generate, that to me was in many ways the essence of the Psytrance listening/collecting/discovering experience. I love when music creates reactions like that. Because then you know for sure that the music is worth listening to, because you will probably either love it or hate it. Very seldom have I felt indifferent to albums that have generated a lot of debate here for sure. :) 

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, RTP said:

Hi, I tried to look into this, but I did NOT find that we use any geolock or spam prevent setting that prevents IP adresses from a specific country. 

In your logs, I found this entry:
Logged in from a new device but did not complete two-factor authentication: Firefox 91.0 on Android.
September 13, 2021

May this be a hint on what's going on?

Otherwise feel free to post the mesage that you get, so that we may look further into it.

Hi @RTP This is the message I get every time I try to log in or even create a new account from within Canada (Vancouver). At the moment I am in Colombia and it is good to be back online 😃

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.22.21 PM (1).png

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time back in a while. I used to be very very active here, but real life came and thwacked me on the behind. I made several reappearences and vowed to stay active and never did. The temptation to spend all my money on new expensive releases was/is always too strong and with a family to support it was hard to see all the amazing new music and parties in can't have or go to. 

I've spent a lot of the last few years streaming music I'm not really into, but recently bought a new dedicated music player (not my phone) and better gear to better reconnect with my roots and listen to more psy and psychill uninterrupted. I have a huge back catalogue of almost everything from the early years through to about ten years ago. I might not be able to buy new stuff but I'm really enjoying my renaissance of classic goa. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, hello! 😶‍🌫️

24 years after first signing up to goatrance.free.fr, I'm still here... This is my Hotel California 🥸

Not very active anymore, shy of some streaming on Spotify and lurking on Facebook. 

What a pleasure to see some familiar old names in this thread. Missed you guys.