Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

I have the Hallucinogen vinyl originals (which will be hard to improve on), but "The Mystery of the Yeti" is of course one of the psydub classics (alongside "Mystical Experiences") and has never appeared on vinyl before. Oh frabjous day! Awesome news! Let us hope the mastering engineer and pressing plant do us proud. ~*~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, at least the Hallucinogen remasters are done by Kevin Metcalfe and not some random nobody, so this should be good. I'm actually more interested in what tracks they're putting on the upcoming singles/compilation tracks collection.

Won't be getting the vinyls in any case, as I have no use for them.

• Confused 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, Widar said:

I'm curious about this bit in the description:

Remixes of other producers’ tracks will not be included, nor are collaborative compositions or remixes by others. What we have here is pure, essential Hallucinogen.

There are certainly enough released (and likely unreleased) Simon-produced single mixes, remixes, live, etc. of Hallucinogen material to round out 5xLP, which is great, but it begs the question as to what the plan is for In Dub and In Dub (Live).  My fanboy hope is we see another 5xLP or 6xLP set that has 2xLPs of both In Dub releases, as well as more non-Simon remixes and/or live versions of that material...

On 5/10/2023 at 2:15 AM, technosomy said:

Wow that is hefty pricing $170 for me to Australia, looks pretty awesome though 

Hmm. 80 euros for finland. It's really pricy. This seems like a good deal for reselling later, honestly.

Oh well, I finally gave in and ordered the Hallucinogen albums. FOMO or something?

Actually, I must confess that for some reason I've never had any physical copies of these in any format. Somehow they managed to fall between all the usual reasons of buying (pre-mp3 era CD listening, DJing, habitual collecting etc.). Maybe they were a bit...too iconic? Everyone had already heard them a million times one way or another so why bother. Dunno. It just happened - or more precisely, didn't happen. Well, looks like 2023 is the year when that oddity will finally be fixed.

The total with everything came to 100-ish €, but as some kind of justifications,

1. the originals can cost that much each,
  2. the package looks neat yet still cheaper than some totally overblown Shpongle LEs, and
  3. with pre-charged tax, at least I don't have to deal with our customs and even more taxes for shipping too

So, if you have FOMO or a vague feeling of guilt too, there's still a moment left. ;)

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2023 at 6:14 AM, Dolmot said:

Oh well, I finally gave in and ordered the Hallucinogen albums. FOMO or something?

Actually, I must confess that for some reason I've never had any physical copies of these in any format. Somehow they managed to fall between all the usual reasons of buying (pre-mp3 era CD listening, DJing, habitual collecting etc.). Maybe they were a bit...too iconic? Everyone had already heard them a million times one way or another so why bother. Dunno. It just happened - or more precisely, didn't happen. Well, looks like 2023 is the year when that oddity will finally be fixed.

The total with everything came to 100-ish €, but as some kind of justifications,

1. the originals can cost that much each,
  2. the package looks neat yet still cheaper than some totally overblown Shpongle LEs, and
  3. with pre-charged tax, at least I don't have to deal with our customs and even more taxes for shipping too

So, if you have FOMO or a vague feeling of guilt too, there's still a moment left. ;)

Dam where are you located bro? I to caved and bought one, cost me same as you and I am in Australia! 

I also had to buy a yeti which cost a third of what this did 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 5:39 AM, _rado said:

"All six sets are limited to 400 copies each - Available on the Shpongle Bandcamp page 10am Pacific, 1PM Eastern, and 6pm UK TIME, FRIDAY 2nd JUNE 2023."

Screenshot_20230602_053607_Email.jpg

Received my copies yesterday - damn they're good looking! Beautifully made color variants. Haven't given them a spin yet tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Yahel - Waves Of Sound (Deluxe Edition Vinyl)

It's not cheap because it's $65 plus shipping.

https://amplifyd.com/hommega-productions/merchandise/yahel-waves-of-sound-deluxe-edition-vinyl/ead909ef-ee8b-479c-bf6c-4138552f821b

"HOMmega is proud to present the long-awaited LP vinyl release of Yahel's groundbreaking album 'Waves of Sound' from 2000. This exclusive double-vinyl edition is limited to just 250 hand-numbered copies. The album features 12 tracks, including the original 10 tracks remastered by Space Cat, along with 2 bonus tracks - the never-before-released full version of 'D.N.A' (Deep Mix) and 'Intelligent Life' (Video Mix).

Following the success of his debut album 'For The People', Yahel unleashed this exceptional creation, an innovative symphony of Goa and Progressive trance. It includes unforgettable hits like 'Intelligent Life,' 'Waves of Sound,' 'D.N.A,' and more. Yahel's remarkable ability to craft morning tunes that are uplifting and intelligent at the same time solidified his position as a global phenomenon and as the golden boy of trance.

This album release marks the beginning of HOMmega's 25th-anniversary series but also stands as an essential addition for those who love these psytrance milestone albums. Make sure you don't miss out on this must-have release and stay tuned for the upcoming albums in the series.

This product is now on pre-order and will be shipped once the production process is done. Est. delivery time: 90 - 180 days

Shipping prices:
- Israel: $15
- Europe & North America: $17
- South America & Asia: $26
- Rest of the world: $36

*Limited Edition - 250 hand-numbered copies only

*Remastered - 12 tracks in total, pressed on a double LP Vinyl

*Bonuses included - the never released full version of D.N.A (Deep Mix)

*Digital download included (14 tracks) - link provided upon pre-order"5e84305d-2c30-4a9d-80d5-7a31a587d836.thumb.jpg.be30b5594b689fe0274705cd05995098.jpg

On 6/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, _rado said:

Yahel - Waves Of Sound (Deluxe Edition Vinyl)

It's not cheap because it's $65 plus shipping.

https://amplifyd.com/hommega-productions/merchandise/yahel-waves-of-sound-deluxe-edition-vinyl/ead909ef-ee8b-479c-bf6c-4138552f821b

cool release but the prices are getting bonkers. with shipping and custom fees it will be good over 100$.

that's even more than the new Hallucinogen Deluxe Release. And this one is a REAL Deluxe Edition.

why is this one even called 'deluxe edition'? because it's hand numbered? it seems it's not even a gatefold cover.

is this something we have to get used to when we want music on vinyl now?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, psyhoe said:

and why is this one even called 'deluxe edition'? because it's hand numbered? it seems it's not even a gatefold cover.

Well, even the digital re-release is deluxe edition so it's not about the vinyl cover. At least there are four bonus tracks (two on the vinyl) and remastering. I think they're pretty much free to pick any name for the new edition as there have been no other re-releases in 23 years and thus the only point of comparison is the original. Anything that tops it is deluxer than that.