Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

2 hours ago, psyhoe said:

Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps

and both versions of Vaccine available for preorder, at least for UK

https://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Younger+Brother/

AFOB has shown up in a lot of US retailers for preorder (Amazon, Rough Trade, Merchbar, Music Direct, B&N, etc.). Haven't seen Vaccine yet...

logic bomb vinyl and cd's and merch
https://logicbomb.bandcamp.com/merch

Thanks for letting us know Technosomy.

$79 for "Unlimited 2002". This is for a single vinyl lp. It includes 2 tracks that were not on the original 2xlp - "Unlimited" and "Hund", which were released in their own stand alone 12" by Tipworld in 2002. There is nothing on the page about special remastering or improved sound or anything else, but the package does include unlimited streaming from Bandcamp and flac download. 

I'm a big Logic Bomb fan. I have the original Tipworld 2xlp for which I paid $15 in 2002. I also have the original "Unlimited/Hund" 12" for which I paid $8 in 2002. For me this is a classic release which features the usual Bomb awesome sound quality and arguably their greatest track "Datalinks" (though I prefer the incredible remix, presumably by Logic Bomb themselves, of "Datalinks" which appeared on Tipworld "Red" compilation in 2004 - this remix is one of the greatest Goa tunes ever made imo). 

That's some inflation, particularly as a single vinyl is unlikely to have sound as good as the original 3 vinyls, unless there's some very special remastering by Bernie Grundman or suchlike. 

I see that Logic Bomb have a new album "Dreams", which I'm listening to now - sounds promising. 

Interesting. There's no way this could be a single 10 track vinyl. As you said, it'll sound crap, just isn't enough physical space for that if quality is better than potato.

And $79 for a single vinyl is very high too. For 3xLP it would be understandable while still high.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, Widar said:

Interesting. There's no way this could be a single 10 track vinyl. As you said, it'll sound crap, just isn't enough physical space for that if quality is better than potato.

And $79 for a single vinyl is very high too. For 3xLP it would be understandable while still high.

The picture of the vinyl lp on the Bandcamp page shows black vinyl with 5 tracks on one side... 

16 hours ago, Widar said:

Correct, but I'm sure that's just a mockup, and the vinyls don't exist yet.

It's just a way to make the mockup look real, i do the same with Nebulosa, there isn't 7 tracks on A on Kykeon :)

NEBULOSA-LP05_Bandcamp_vinyl_12in_templa

Many complaints on discogs about this, particularly in relation to vinyl colour: lots of comments like "this doesn't look anything like the colour in the promo material" etc. A mock up with x number of tracks shown is misleading, but of little import; a mock up that shows 1 vinyl when it will be a 3 vinyl album is substantially misleading and has already lost them potential customers on this forum alone. 

Hei u kinky vinyl guys & gals. This isn't an actual Vinyl release, yet .. Maybe never. But I'd anyway here like to share an idea that I would really want to complete one day .. So read me out:

I want you to think about The Velvet Underground LP with the peel-off banana design. Now transfer that base idea on to this, where the paper left-overs can be peeled off to get the 'clean cover-art design'. I'm thinking on the vinyl-coverart a laminate, able to be peeeled off. Like the plastic covering your smart-phone comes with when it's new. So when on, it looks like the img. attached. When it's peeled off, all the "grey" paper trail will be removed leaving only the Yamabikaya font, LP title, and drawing of the ppl laying around the plant. -clean design.

Did I manage to pain you a mental image of my idea for turning this release into a special vinyl edition? Hope so:) I know places that do per order deals, but smth special like this I assume would demand a high print amount, and too much money upfront. If you know where this peel-off design could be made possible, plz let me or KER know! Thnx

a2335003182_10.jpg

20 hours ago, psytones said:

Hei u kinky vinyl guys & gals. This isn't an actual Vinyl release, yet .. Maybe never. But I'd anyway here like to share an idea that I would really want to complete one day .. So read me out:

I want you to think about The Velvet Underground LP with the peel-off banana design. Now transfer that base idea on to this, where the paper left-overs can be peeled off to get the 'clean cover-art design'. I'm thinking on the vinyl-coverart a laminate, able to be peeeled off. Like the plastic covering your smart-phone comes with when it's new. So when on, it looks like the img. attached. When it's peeled off, all the "grey" paper trail will be removed leaving only the Yamabikaya font, LP title, and drawing of the ppl laying around the plant. -clean design.

Did I manage to pain you a mental image of my idea for turning this release into a special vinyl edition? Hope so:) I know places that do per order deals, but smth special like this I assume would demand a high print amount, and too much money upfront. If you know where this peel-off design could be made possible, plz let me or KER know! Thnx

a2335003182_10.jpg

Thanks for sharing your idea. Gimmick covers and so on have been a part of the visceral appeal of vinyl all along. I think of the infamous Rolling Stones zip cover, or the reverse direction play of the Younger Brother 12". This, similarly, is a nice gimmick idea - but what will be done with the peeled off covering? Not very green just to throw it away... 

^ Not very green .. Good point. KER wanna be eco-friendly as much as possible. Hence the low Digi-prices and high Physical prices (and preferred CDR Jackets versus Jewel Cases) @ KER's BC page.. The idea of a vinyl-coverart peel off could have been made of degradable material .. And I donno bro, put it on your mirror, or don't peel it off ( ... ). About all this; KER is always working to improve it self and it's products. Slowly slowly better better. As I see it now this special vinyl release idea is just a novelty fan-dom wish and not exaclly a realistic item to produce, at least within a defendable budget. It's not like Yamabikaya is YB and will guarantee to sell and retrieve it's investment costs on such a product. But for sure again if someone knows smth valuable to share to me or KER regarding this .. HollĂĄ

If the gimmick is good, it will become highly collectible in time. 

New Order had a sort of similar thing with the first vinyl edition of "Low Life" where there was a kind of waxy grease-proof paper folded over the cover - not removable but sorta similar. 

I wondered if the removable section could not be like a lyric sheet or suchlike which could be stored inside the sleeve and not thrown away - I dunno, just a thought. 

"slowly slowly better better" - I like that. Evolution is nature's way. 

1 hour ago, psytones said:

^ Not very green .. Good point. KER wanna be eco-friendly as much as possible. Hence the low Digi-prices and high Physical prices (and preferred CDR Jackets versus Jewel Cases) @ KER's BC page.. The idea of a vinyl-coverart peel off could have been made of degradable material .. And I donno bro, put it on your mirror, or don't peel it off ( ... ). About all this; KER is always working to improve it self and it's products. Slowly slowly better better. As I see it now this special vinyl release idea is just a novelty fan-dom wish and not exaclly a realistic item to produce, at least within a defendable budget. It's not like Yamabikaya is YB and will guarantee to sell and retrieve it's investment costs on such a product. But for sure again if someone knows smth valuable to share to me or KER regarding this .. HollĂĄ

have you checked out diggersfactory.com  ?

there are many beautiful creative releases, with holographic, embossed, 3D lenticular, pop up etc. covers.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this at Diggers Factory. I have not heard of this artist before.

Azraël - A mouse killed me !

Format : 1 x 12" (140g)

Genres : PsyTrance

Pressing : 100 Copies

Estimated shipping date : April 2023

"First Psytrance vinyl with vintage and acid inspirations, small quantity pressing for fans and followers. the 4 tracks have been specially modified for the EP !!Pre-order only!!"

https://www.diggersfactory.com/vinyl/272824/azrael-a-mouse-killed-me

original.jpg

2 hours ago, psyhoe said:

hehe yea I have noticed this one too but it's so cheesy I didn't post it here :wacko:

Hehe, you're right.  I was also wondering whether to throw it in, but I did it, maybe someone will like it 😉