Artist : Watt the Fox

Label : Yemanja Records

Format : 1 x 12" (140g)

Genres : Downtempo, Dub, PsyTrance

Pressing : 200 Copies

Estimated shipping date : April 2023

https://www.diggersfactory.com/vinyl/276892/watt-the-fox-borders

cover.jpg

Holy fox, never heard of this dude! Sounds pretty decent!

Don't know why Logic Bomb would shoot themselves in the foot like that (but big names do strange things, echospace [detroit] biggest dub techno label out there went MIA for about 3-4 years, wether things has started sorting itself out is anyones guess). Obviously now is christmas holidays too so nothing is probably going to happen until mid-january at the earliest. Luckily I have the original vinyl pressing on TIP.W. so didn't go for the repress. Don't know if I would've at that price though!

But this is a shifting market and we're not dealing with regulated businesses anymore. I think that the legal aspects of human to human trade is more up for interpretation in that merchants are now living breathing human beings with everything that comes with it, instead of heavily regulated businesses with paid employees, in that the pressing and putting out music might actually in some cases be put on hold indefinitely. And anything can happen at any time. Every purchase that I make, I know is essentially just a leap of faith!

In general I want to keep buying the music, but with all the uncertainty and no information coming with bandcamp and private sellers, my buying motivation is getting a little hard to keep up... I bought a lot more music when there was actually shops around who was actually into selling CDs and vinyl.

• Sad 1

@Mergithat's a really interesting observation regarding the merchants of today. It makes me think of the middle ages, but also of how I guess business might've been done in the early days of this scene? When goa might've been a rare underground phenomena. I was too young then to have experienced it, but I visualize people selling or giving out their DAT tapes on parties or something. :D I miss that aspect of the parties when one could by some CD's from the labels/artists. Probably still possible at some events, certainly in Belgium, but not common in my country anymore.

When Psyshop closed that truly marked the end of an era for me. The way those big psy CD shops closed as  well, might've been an indication of how business would be done in the coming years. The whole deal with no clear and open communication channels to the customers etc. So it went from professionally organized international distribution of music in specialized shops, to some rather disorganized bedroom bong smoking chatroom business lol. Anyways it's an interesting paradox, the availability of music today seems to be at all time high. With a plethora of different platforms and streaming/downloading options. Still this same availability seems to present a total nightmare for the music collectors of today who opts to go the digital route.

I think for me personally I probably listen less to music today than when I was collecting CD's. Since that format made it feel really special to own a hard to find piece of music. Initially when the digital pandoras box opened, It was overwhelming. But now with most music only a button push away it has lost some of that original appeal. The nearest thing for me is probably to browse discogs and read all the details while browsing youtube for some old classics.

10 hours ago, Magus Knight said:

@Mergithat's a really interesting observation regarding the merchants of today. It makes me think of the middle ages, but also of how I guess business might've been done in the early days of this scene? When goa might've been a rare underground phenomena. I was too young then to have experienced it, but I visualize people selling or giving out their DAT tapes on parties or something. :D I miss that aspect of the parties when one could by some CD's from the labels/artists. Probably still possible at some events, certainly in Belgium, but not common in my country anymore.

When Psyshop closed that truly marked the end of an era for me. The way those big psy CD shops closed as  well, might've been an indication of how business would be done in the coming years. The whole deal with no clear and open communication channels to the customers etc. So it went from professionally organized international distribution of music in specialized shops, to some rather disorganized bedroom bong smoking chatroom business lol. Anyways it's an interesting paradox, the availability of music today seems to be at all time high. With a plethora of different platforms and streaming/downloading options. Still this same availability seems to present a total nightmare for the music collectors of today who opts to go the digital route.

I think for me personally I probably listen less to music today than when I was collecting CD's. Since that format made it feel really special to own a hard to find piece of music. Initially when the digital pandoras box opened, It was overwhelming. But now with most music only a button push away it has lost some of that original appeal. The nearest thing for me is probably to browse discogs and read all the details while browsing youtube for some old classics.

Ohhhh yes, the psyshop days, was a huge thing in my crew to have the newest and best albums/comps from psyshop.. daaaaamn you spend so much money on that side.. remember the feeling being The Dude arriving at a party having the newest and hottest album with you, put it on and eveybody went mental.. those were the days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, barcat said:

Ohhhh yes, the psyshop days, was a huge thing in my crew to have the newest and best albums/comps from psyshop.. daaaaamn you spend so much money on that side.. remember the feeling being The Dude arriving at a party having the newest and hottest album with you, put it on and eveybody went mental.. those were the days

Oh yes, beautiful times indeed. That surely was an epic feeling arriving at a party with some cosmic ear candy to elevate the atmosphere into an exalted state.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, _rado said:

Hi.
Have any of you ordered Logic Bomb - Unlimited on vinyl?
Strange situation, 3 days after the purchase I got an e-mail that the order had been sent and silence. It's been over 3 weeks now and no package.
No contact with the seller whatsoever. As far as I can see, no one has received their order yet.
Weird approach to doing business.
A statement would suffice and a man would sleep soundly.

After 3 requests via email since end of November without any sign of live i decided today that my patience has come to an end. I placed a reclaim via paypal. I´ll keep you updated if the artist will wake up.

• Sad 2

@Magus Knightit's still .ch .. They own both ch & com. So with that, stop crying about psyshop n support them instead (?) .. www.goastore.ch

Quick note about KER Vinyls. Our BC page has cheap Digi, which should be appreciated.. n' expencive Physical. Will return on this Q in this thread another day

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, barcat said:

Logic Bomb has posted two posts resently, so he lives, i’ve wrote something in both posts, he still does not answer, da fuck is his deal?

I gave up on this vinyl.

Fortunately, I was able to get my money back.

• Sad 1

Recently I came across Ben Watkins' entry about the fact that 2023 is special for Juno Reactor. Well, this year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of the first album, "Transmissions". Therefore, reissues of all releases are planned (I hope also on vinyl). And there will also be a new album!

Below are details of release plans for this year.

It looks rich. 

Screenshot_20230110_111803_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _rado said:

Recently I came across Ben Watkins' entry about the fact that 2023 is special for Juno Reactor. Well, this year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of the first album, "Transmissions". Therefore, reissues of all releases are planned (I hope also on vinyl). And there will also be a new album!

Below are details of release plans for this year.

It looks rich. 

Screenshot_20230110_111803_Facebook.jpg

Its gonna be one hell of an expensive boxset! I have all JR albums on vinyl but its this boxset is a beauty, im gonna buy it and sell the old ones for sure!

On 12/27/2022 at 9:19 AM, musikullus said:

After 3 requests via email since end of November without any sign of live i decided today that my patience has come to an end. I placed a reclaim via paypal. I´ll keep you updated if the artist will wake up.

Got the confirmation from paypal today about a full refund.

2 weeks ahead Logic Bomb is announced to perform next to my doorstep. Not shure if i‘ll be in the mood….

17 minutes ago, musikullus said:

Got the confirmation from paypal today about a full refund.

2 weeks ahead Logic Bomb is announced to perform next to my doorstep. Not shure if i‘ll be in the mood….

Im also waiting for my full refund throu paypal! Im not even gonna chase the old copy

• 2 weeks later...

News from Shpongle and Twisted;

https://mailchi.mp/shpongle/newsletter-15803153?e=ebc985afde

"Shpongle 'Museums' 3xLP Deluxe Edition research and design has been completed and we're waiting on factory samples before going into full production. Shipping should be early May 2023 with preorder starting a few weeks prior. It's astonishingly beautiful and well worth the wait! More news on this one soon."

It'll be interesting to see what extra they have in store for us. Live recordings?

On 11/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, psyhoe said:

Eat Static - Abduction

Triple 12″ Orange Vinyl Edition

Pre-Order - Released January 27, 2023.

• Double LP edition of this classic atmospheric Trance album from the Megadog-related imprint: Planet Dog Records.

• Enhanced with a bonus 12” featuring the three tracks recorded for the band’s 1993 BBC
John Peel Session.

• Remastered from the original master tapes and compiled by label founder Michael Dog.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/product/eat-static/abduction

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/195337-eat-static-abduction

Just got the news from Norman Records that this release was cancelled! :(

"We've just heard from the distributor of Abduction that the record label cancelled the release, but didn't tell anyone until after all the orders went in. We can only apologise, but this was completely out of our hands (we know this doesn't make it any less annoying, though!)."

• Sad 1

Excited to present that the incredible Hinkstep - A Generation Lost In Space will soon get a vinyl release on Nebulosa Records.

Total 303 copies, 101x are hand numbered marbled (turquoise/black) and 202x are black.
2x 180g 12", housed in deluxe gatefold sleeves.

Pre-order will soon be up.

Subscribe to NebulosaRecords.com newsletter for updates!

AGLIS_Vinyl Mock-up v2_4_marbled.png

• Like 1