How much is your discogs.com collection worth?

antic604

I have to say I quite impressed by peoples collection sizes, pew....

nice one man . do you still use your Hi-FI? would liike to see it man if you dont mind! :)

Oh yes I do ;) and I have to say it a totally different experience, but bad production suffers, so I tend to play that with my normal setup :lol:

my Hi-Fi setup

Rega Elicit-R (Amplifier)

Elac FS 207A (speakers)

Rega Jupiter 2000 planet (CD transport) really old but reliable! XD

Pro-Jekt Debut Carbon (with the 2M red needle) (turntable)

Cambridge Audio DacMagic (need to update this at some point) :P

• Like 2

I really like the look of that Rega Amp! sexy, haven't heard it & no plans on buying it here. Costs a f'in ton. Mine looks reaaly old with press buttons ha ha but does a nice job I guess.

I heard the same TT setup at a friend's place, DC + 2M Red (&Blue) its a decent table but I like the old technics better :D Its a f'in tank I tell you.

http://img.canuckaudiomart.com/uploads/large/285167-arcam_delta_290p_power_amplifier.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lcJJNVUzb4c/maxresdefault.jpg-- this is so f'in sexy. Sadly, mine doesnt have a maple finish, someday it will.

Right, deleting that photo right now... :ph34r:

lol u didnt have to like dudeeeeeee

I have to say I quite impressed by peoples collection sizes, pew....

Oh yes I do ;) and I have to say it a totally different experience, but bad production suffers, so I tend to play that with my normal setup :lol:

my Hi-Fi setup

Rega Elicit-R (Amplifier)

Elac FS 207A (speakers)

Rega Jupiter 2000 (CD transport) old but reliable! XD

Pro-Jekt Debut Carbon (with the 2M red needle) (turntable)

Cambridge Audio DacMagic (need to update this at some point) :P

put up a pic of your set man no matter what ! my studio is a mess too i couldnt care less its where i work so obviously its fuckin messi messy lollolool

I really like the look of that Rega Amp! sexy, haven't heard it & no plans on buying it here. Costs a f'in ton. Mine looks reaaly old with press buttons ha ha but does a nice job I guess.

I heard the same TT setup at a friend's place, DC + 2M Red (&Blue) its a decent table but I like the old technics better :D Its a f'in tank I tell you.

http://img.canuckaudiomart.com/uploads/large/285167-arcam_delta_290p_power_amplifier.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lcJJNVUzb4c/maxresdefault.jpg-- this is so f'in sexy. Sadly, mine doesnt have a maple finish, someday it will.

very nice and vinyl player whuhuuuu brilliant love it <3

Ahh nice one! :D I do like the old technics as well... but does that one have magnetic rotation? To be honest, that is what I like, and the pitch...

The rega is awesome, sounds just as solid as it looks, no nonsense, equalizer or anything like that, just pure good components and focus on sound delivery... it has changed me... :lol: but yeah so freaking expensive... I got it second-hand :P but your Arcram looks pretty no nonsense as well!!! :D I like that!

put up a pic of your set man no matter what ! my studio is a mess too i couldnt care less its where i work so obviously its fuckin messi messy lollolool

I will I will... now its just too damn dark to get any decent pictures... :P

Ahh nice one! :D I do like the old technics as well... but does that one have magnetic rotation? To be honest, that is what I like, and the pitch...

The rega is awesome, sounds just as solid as it looks, no nonsense, equalizer or anything like that, just pure good components and focus on sound delivery... it has changed me... :lol: but yeah so freaking expensive... I got it second-hand :P but your Arcram looks pretty no nonsense as well!!! :D I like that!

I will I will... now its just too damn dark to get any decent pictures... :P

man whatever you like , i chose tape because that was me and i love it , mines a small technics cassette player , i bought i cleaned it and adjusted azimuth n shit... took me time to decide which one but im happy with what i got. ebay is good place but requires knowledge experience n shit ... if you can be bothered. ya gotta dig deep cuz theres lots of fucking dickheads trying to sell 'vintage' shit for ludicrous prices in that case fuck them all ya know? i know i did lol

pick cassette vinyl cd whatever your preference if youre into it.

lol

turn a lamp on use flash or take pic whenever you are ready for it LOL

as music player i love technics , mines from japan ive no complain

came from planet jupiter LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL and julio iglesis tape seller put crazy that turned my attention was cute LOOOOOOOOOOL love this wee one antenna n all just for show its cute works really good considering its age its from 82 or someshit like that , really good shit after proper tuned! :)

Technics RS-434,800yen (1983 release)

and fucking playing metal tapes i got for 6 quid second hand for studio rocking GOA TRANCE LIKE FUCK! :D

no hiss no nothing , really happy with it , depends what tape ur using and if you know how to record them shits you know.

enjoy :)

$_86.JPG

• Like 1

got to agree that the pitch setting is pretty tricky. There is no reset :lol: Its just your ears and that knob with +-. You really have to know the track by heart if you planning to mess around the pitch :lol: I only do it with JR Golden Sun vinyl. Rest I dont have the coverage. he he..

Arcam is completely no nonsense, just on/off and 2 channels. Its 2nd hand as well :P

@Dark in Norway at this time of the day & year. I dont believe it. :P Its weird (the whole sunlight at 10 pm thing :D ) for people like me - living in tropics.

No more OT. :D Bad habit!

P.S - I want a deck too. Nakamichi shit, I want to listen to them old MJ & Paul Young cassettes some day, I love their sound. When I heard the same songs on YT, they were too "clean". The whole feel was lost!

• Like 1

got to agree that the pitch setting is pretty tricky. There is no reset :lol: Its just your ears and that knob with +-. You really have to know the track by heart if you planning to mess around the pitch :lol: I only do it with JR Golden Sun vinyl. Rest I dont have the coverage. he he..

Arcam is completely no nonsense, just on/off and 2 channels. Its 2nd hand as well :P

@Dark in Norway at this time of the day & year. I dont believe it. :P Its weird (the whole sunlight at 10 pm thing :D ) for people like me - living in tropics.

No more OT. :D Bad habit!

P.S - I want a deck too. Nakamichi shit, I want to listen to them old MJ & Paul Young cassettes some day, I love their sound. When I heard the same songs on YT, they were too "clean". The whole feel was lost!

ye bro go for nakamichi fuckkkkk if thats good but thats gonna cost ya mate! look vinyl tape is analogue if u wanna dj u need real skill , i can mix with tapes 2 of them

don t give two shits beat mix bpms n shit da fuck needds that for ... pff this aint techno its GOA shit , them fellas mixed with 2 dat players maybe same as cassette i dunno its like they same family cassette is better dat is too much :| like mini disc i got a few but bah :(

and look bro youtube is useful but quality pfff shyte theres always loss im no expert at it but im 100% old microsoft wav fuck all else

Lol. So much awesome in this post. Hehe.. "don't play that goa music". "Wait it's worth how much?". :)

LOL

I have a 2 tb ext. harddrive filled to the brim with goa/psy. The legit part of which is numerically worth about 1k €. I have no idea what it would really be worth, though. The CDs I used to own are all unusable since I played the crap out of them back in the day. I don't have any dedicated machinery to play vinyls.

That's to say, I used to hold a "discogs.com" collection, but prefer it to be somewhere more accessible.

• Like 1

For some reason I can't get it to show the total min/med/max worth of my collection.

Anyway, my most valuable CD by all measures is Solar Fields - Extended, and the most valuable looking at the per track price is the Process & Tristan - KV 23 / Random Factor single.

I have the same problem. Do you use Firefox? On my computer it doesn't show, but on my phone it does. It used to work on my computer, so I guess the Discogs crew have messed something up. Or someone at Firefox...

Process & Tristan - KV 23/Random Factor should be high up, amazing single. :)

• Like 1

I have the same problem. Do you use Firefox? On my computer it doesn't show, but on my phone it does. It used to work on my computer, so I guess the Discogs crew have messed something up. Or someone at Firefox...

Yep, Firefox with some necessary extensions (Adblock Plus, Noscript, Ghostery, most prominently). I know it used to work before. I could try with my phone (stock Android browser or Chrome).

• Like 1

Yep, works on my phone (and oh, works on my desktop again too...)

Minimum: €7012,35

Median: €11947,02

Maximum: €19854,29

That's of course CDs only. About 1550 releases all in all, my Bandcamp collection is 175 releases so that and a few releases bought from here and there might add about €1000 to the grand total.

• Like 1

I don't see any good reason to exclude vinyls. :mellow:

Heh, true. I have exactly 10 12" vinyl singles:

Dub Trees: Buffalo / Return Of The Native

Torakka: Blue Oxygen / Plastic Spliff Up Boogie

Infernal Machine: The Loin Sleeps Tonight / The Loin King

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: La Caixa / El Mariacchi

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: Pura Vida / Mescalito

Prometheus: Timebandit / Sunspot

Tristan: The Inside Out EP

Citien Kaned: Global Citizen / Sale Of The Century

Fancy Vision: Plug Out / Supergirls Wedding

Fools And Tools: Hundreds Of Sunsets / Itchy And Scratchy

8 of them released by Twisted Records :)

Edited by Paul Eye
  • Like 1

Yep, Firefox with some necessary extensions (Adblock Plus, Noscript, Ghostery, most prominently). I know it used to work before. I could try with my phone (stock Android browser or Chrome).

The internets doesn't work without Noscript and adblock, uBlock Origin is my choice. Still nothing on Discogs for me.

• Like 1

Thanks! The inspiration was, that some time ago - jokingly! - I asked my kids if they'd like to have my CDs collection assigned to them in my dying will. They obviously said no, because everyone in my family hates this music...

Now, the tune changed when they saw how much it's worth :lol:

if i die, all my cd's are to be given to psynews and distributed from there

not that i have many worth anything anymore as you all know i sold most of my collection still a few thousand left

but

i have all the music.... which is pretty much most ever produced before 2005 in wav of course from the originals

so question

would this all be able to be given to the people who will never have the chance to hear it

(ie most will never be able to purchase and alot will never be pressed again)

considering it all came from someone who legit bought the music when it was produced????

prob no different from downloading i guess, except you won't be able to find alot even on torrent sites

you oldschoolers no the ones i mean

as for what my discogs is worth, well no longer aplys as it not been updated for years, but if i still had them

could probably live out the rest of my day quite comfortably i imagine

• Like 1

Hmm a though one.

I know that the cd maxi of SYB Unity nettwerk costs alot and the Mystery of the yethi. Got the Tetrahedron cd signed by all the guys.

My I.F.O vinyls costs alot too... also the limited edition of 20 ex. presssed of the Live In Athens cd. (i got no 5/20) anyone has a copy of it? :P

Well got this one: https://www.discogs.com/Crop-Circles-Tetrahedron/release/1134594

+a bunch of DAT tapes & Cassetts also (label promos was sent out thisway to avoid copieng)

+40 vinyls.... so i really dont have precise cost of my collection,

• Like 1

i am interested in federico's response to this??????

if indeed it is a dick measuring comp

you will be well hung bro

but......

where is ukiro these days????

for this topic..... now known as...... the monster!!!!!!

Ola/Ukiro is based in Brooklyn, USA since circa 2 years.

• Like 1