the guide is coming together nicely. this time i only have a few suggestions for improving grammar :)

i'd substitute "diminutive" with "contraction".

"kitten" would be the diminutive of "cat". "psytrance" is not "little psychedelic trance" or something ;)

umm... what? "when with it"?. also i'd not use "the" in front of nitzhogoa (or nitzhonot for that matter).

"when with it" is for "quand à elle". But it seems to sounds okay only in french. Anyway thanks for your help ;)

"when with it" is for "quand à elle". But it seems to sounds okay only in french. Anyway thanks for your help ;)

"Quand à elle" is incorrect, we say "quant à elle" which explains why your translator screwed up :P

"As for nitzhogoa, it would be born..."

Agree with Ormion about Sandman (and I think Sandman definitely influenced Infected mushroom early tracks).

Koxbox for me is goa but some Hallucinogen tracks definitely sound more psytrance, e.g. Snarling black mabel

I think in the Psytrance section Hallucinogen, Koxbox and Sandman deserve a mention.

The first two are pioneers of a less Goa sound and even after all these years we have arguments if Hallucinogen or Koxbox are Psytrance or Goa.

Sandman was a pioneer of the genre and influenced many artists.

Agree with Ormion about Sandman (and I think Sandman definitely influenced Infected mushroom early tracks).

Koxbox for me is goa but some Hallucinogen tracks definitely sound more psytrance, e.g. Snarling black mabel

Ok, I'll add them in the PDF.

"Quand à elle" is incorrect, we say "quant à elle" which explains why your translator screwed up :P

"As for nitzhogoa, it would be born..."

Indeed, pretty misspelling. Usually I don't make this kind of mistake :huh:

I rarely use translators to translate. Only for tricky words or expressions because word by word translation is often incorrect ;)

Anyway, I've a real problem with the "the" article. I never know when I've to put it on or not.

EDIT: I've updated the Nitzhonot and Psytrance pictures. Can you check again and tell me if that's correct ?

Edited by Lightforce

And finally here is the last: Psybient.

Now, I'll update the PDF. Because, other than the intake of the timeline and origins, I've made some changes in definitions and big changes in the related albums ;)

j4a7.jpg

qqr3.jpg

Edited by Lightforce

HUGE update of the PDF, you can download the new version.

Here is the list of changes that have been made:

- Addition of a timeline as well as pages on sub-styles origins in the FAQ section

- Some additions and changes to various sub-styles definitions

- Major additions and changes in albums set as examples and in Bonus section of some sub-styles

New update of the PDF, you can download the new version.

Here is the list of changes that have been made:

- Many fixes related to the great previous update

Honestly, I don't know. I'll keep updating this PDF as much as it will be necessary to avoid it to become outdated.

However I believe that I've reached a finishing threshold of about 99%. From now on, the only reasons of updates only concern hypothetical new sub-styles referencing or minor fixes.

Edited by Lightforce
  • Like 1

Well, I still think that the psybient bonus section has way too much Ultimae in it, but that's just the downtempo connoisseur in me nitpicking and frankly I see no reason why you should do anything about it.

Some slightly awkward sentences and wordings here and there, maybe you should let someone with a better grasp of the English language take a look at it.

But overall, quite an effort. I wouldn't have the energy or motivation to put together something like this.

Good work!!

But overall, quite an effort. I wouldn't have the energy or motivation to put together something like this.

Thanks ;)

Some slightly awkward sentences and wordings here and there, maybe you should let someone with a better grasp of the English language take a look at it.

I also think you're right. Is there someone who would volunteer to correct these few awkwardnesses? It would be helpful ^_^

Edited by Lightforce

I'm currently in the process of rethinking in detail all of the translation of the English version with someone very competent and with a great mastery of different variations of the English language according to English-speaking countries (EN, US, AU, ...). I can't give you a date for the moment but we are working seriously to improving this translation. I'll let you know when it will be ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work, great colours. But why is Silent Enemy Psycore? BPM are "just" 154.

Psycore isn't only characterized by a fast BPM but also by its aesthetics.

So we can also find it around 150 BPM but kick-bass is different than classic Darkpsy.

Edited by Lightforce

Psycore isn't only characterized by a fast BPM but also by its aesthetics.So we can find it around 150 BPM only but kick-bass is different than classic Darkpsy.

Even by this definition I think Silent Horror is pure Darkpsy. If anything he's the epitome of classic Darkpsy.

edit: scratch that. I confused the "Silent" artists.

Its Silent Enemy, not Silent Horror :) But for me both are perfect examples for high class Dark Psy.

Ektoplazm characterize psycore as:

"The faster end of the psytrance spectrum, clocking in at 180+ BPM. Almost certainly an extension of darkpsy but a lot of it isn't really that dark--just fast and crazy. Although it is certainly an acquired taste it enjoys a great deal of support worldwide. Psycore is also related to neurotrance or hi-tech."

Its Silent Enemy, not Silent Horror :) But for me both are perfect examples for high class Dark Psy.

Ektoplazm characterize psycore as:

"The faster end of the psytrance spectrum, clocking in at 180+ BPM. Almost certainly an extension of darkpsy but a lot of it isn't really that dark--just fast and crazy. Although it is certainly an acquired taste it enjoys a great deal of support worldwide. Psycore is also related to neurotrance or hi-tech."

Oh you're right. Silent Enemy is psycore for me, Silent Horror is darkpsy.

IMO Enemy is more aggresive and horror influenced than normal darkpsy. And iirc his albums Diabolic has some pretty fast tracks as well.