Green Nuns appreciation

Jaza

As I await a visit from Mr Trevor in old school mode this weekend (my birthday weekend no less - lucky me) I ponder... Are GNOTR the most under-rated of all the big old acts?

Small release catalogue, yes, but so many gems. Quality acid drenching. I'm probably a bit of a unique case as I've seen them live more than any other retro act, but so much fun.

And the sense of humor that Dick still exhibits today shines through right from these early days:

While I adore and love all things GNOTR, they're pretty damn well respected and loved by everyone who listened/listens to music of that era.

They pop up on all lists regarding that time period.

I believe that Quirk are more overlooked than them...

Yes I think if there is a group that is praised as awesome, it is the green nuns...

overlooked? magus

Man, I am a huge fan of them. Would be awesome if they had a revival and released some new Acid Goa stuff.

they did promise a new album with oldschool stuff if this video would reach 100 000 views. it has passed that mark 3 or 4 years ago. i think it's time for a "gnotr new album" thread, analogous to "hallucinogen new album" and "astral projection new album" ;)

As for most under-appreciated or overlooked artists of that era:

Process

Sean Williams had his hand in some excellent work all over the place, essentially co-wrote the last great Simon Posford trance track (Beast "Trouble/Spawn"), and had a unique love for writing songs based on nothing more than analog blips and sonic twistedness.

He wasn't writing formal melodies like other artists and instead used energy and sounds to create tension/release

And he now has a PhD in audio shit.

He worked as Satori with Pete Martin, as well as with the Flying Rhino boys, Matsuri/Tsuyoshi, Twisted/Simon, Nervasystem/Drezz, Benji/Prometheus, and of course Tristan.

As far as unique 1990's era original UK analog psychedelic Goa trance, he was very unique should be up among the heavyweights of the era =)

• Like 1

they did promise a new album with oldschool stuff if this video would reach 100 000 views. it has passed that mark 3 or 4 years ago. i think it's time for a "gnotr new album" thread, analogous to "hallucinogen new album" and "astral projection new album" ;)

Yay! Then will some obscure artist take up the name and start releasing albums and tracks using that name?! :lol:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooooohhhhhh the Green Nuns of the Revolution were fantastic. Everything, EVERYTHING they released was pure gold....well the more recent downbeat album doesn't count right? That was more gold plated, enjoyable but deep down you know it's not right (or maybe I should revisit it?)

Should they make a new album? Would it be any good now? Would it be a mistake?

Jesus doesn't dance, but his beat goes on.

As for most under-appreciated or overlooked artists of that era:

Process

Sean Williams had his hand in some excellent work all over the place, essentially co-wrote the last great Simon Posford trance track (Beast "Trouble/Spawn"), and had a unique love for writing songs based on nothing more than analog blips and sonic twistedness.

He wasn't writing formal melodies like other artists and instead used energy and sounds to create tension/release

And he now has a PhD in audio shit.

He worked as Satori with Pete Martin, as well as with the Flying Rhino boys, Matsuri/Tsuyoshi, Twisted/Simon, Nervasystem/Drezz, Benji/Prometheus, and of course Tristan.

As far as unique 1990's era original UK analog psychedelic Goa trance, he was very unique should be up among the heavyweights of the era =)

This so much! I still hope Anjuna Rec. follows up on their promise to release more of his material, maybe even an album.

If not, maybe Draeke could help?