Happy New Year 2014

abasio

Happy New Year

I hope you all had a great 2013 and that 2014 will be even better!!

I had a nice quite evening out on the town that ended up with Karaoke.

New Year's day has got the year up and running. Already emergencies to mop up at work despite being closed for a week. Fun fun fun.

Do you have plans for thus year? Just trying to survive another one?

Happy New Year, everyone from PsyNews! Hope that you all are having a great time and have enjoyed the past year!

Currently spending time with family, typical tradition.

May we all be blessed for the coming new year!

Happy New Year

I hope you all had a great 2013 and that 2014 will be even better!!

I had a nice quite evening out on the town that ended up with Karaoke.

New Year's day has got the year up and running. Already emergencies to mop up at work despite being closed for a week. Fun fun fun.

Do you have plans for thus year? Just trying to survive another one?

karaoke in japan!

they get into it there :ph34r:

glad 13 over, worst year of my life i reckon

onwards and upwards from here!

happy new year all

Oh that sucks, why is that?

Well, lets hope and work so that it will get better!

Lets hope this is a better year coz last year was proper pants!

the highlights were

losing 42lbs

getting a distinction in health and nutritional science

and meeting many new friends...

Oh and an all expenses paid photography trip to Pere Lachaise in Paris

the lows..

daughter getting into constant trouble due to her dating a total nobhead crim. police constantly at my door..daily, since october..several arrests blah de blah........

well i am definitely going to Boom Festival in August...all sorted and paid for...so if that's my only highlight I will be happy... :)

but I am quite sure there will be more happy highlights this year.............................maybe? :)

I wish a happy new year to everyone on psynews and hope this year wen can find more peace talking in psynews. For me 2013 was a mixed year with heights and lows but for me every past year is important and I am not in believe that every new year should be better than the previous one, that way we could not look back to good times in the past. I am open to what comes, hopefully something good.

Wish you all a lot of happines, good music, friendly people and above all good health! 2013 wasn't the best year of my life, but I've started to appriciate all the good little things that I had during the last 365 days and that gives me a hope for 2014!

Happy new year Everyone!

For me 2013 was a huge transistion, I quit my 5 year banking career in January (bare in mind that I live in Greece with ~30% unempolyment), have changed 3 jobs since then and now I work in company that setups clubs, live stages, TV studios, festivals, concets, theaters and generally anything that has to do with live sound and light. Since going there in summer I've helped the company grow and be put in financial order (everything was very norganised before), now we are running 2 TV studios and going for a 3rd, we have equipment in 5 of the biggest live stages in Athens (AKA Bouzoukia), many smaller clubs in Athens and the rest of Greece and we will be the first company in Greece to have a Clair Brothers (Best speakers for live sound by miles) Line Array so if we manage to get it in time, we have been promised the EJEKT festival by the organisers. As for autumn we are already planning to rent equipment for all of ANT1 (one of the biggest TV channels in the country) live productions which includes: Dancing with the starts, The voice, Your face sounds familiar, some talk shows + 1 more live show that we have no idea what it will be. So overall, professionaly, I feel that it will be a SMASHING year!!!

To be honent may life is in a great state overall, financially, sexually, physically and emotionaly, which is in great contrast to what is happening around me, since the lack of money has made everyone in Greece miserable. I actually feel like I'm only getting started and by the end of the year I'll be in an even better state and probably be a home owner before the summer and I also have 2 more investments that I want to make, the crisis is actually my opportunity to make it big time now that the prices are low and I have both cash and availability to banking aid (both very rare nowadays).

As for my NYE it was a frantic day at work, all our customers wanted to have something special for the night, so although I work in the office, I was delivering spare parts, speakers and lighting fixtures all over Athens until ~10pm. Slept until 4am, woke up and went to my old-yet-new little favourite club in Athens. It's called "Gkazaki loft", it used to be called just Gkazaki and played pop/rock/disco (been going there for years) and now they've built a second floor that plays tech-house from a PHENOMENAL Funktion One sound system, so now I have no reason to go anywhere else in Athens for a casual night out, just Gkazaki... I love the place!!! I left Gkazaki at about 10am, had breakfast and walked just 2 streets for the "Ace Ventura, Egorytgmia, Sirion" party, I WAS APPALLED that they asked me to pay 20 eur entrance at FUCKING 10 in the morning even though the big names had finished their sets before 8am, I just smiled and left promising myself that I'll avoid these organisers in the future.

I think it will be a great wear music-wise as well. My friend Harris (AKA FisHimself of Ultmae Records) has already planned Asura for this month and A SUPER DUPER event in March: PRANA, BOTFB and SANDMAN (I'll suggest I rent him some proper equipment from my company, like L-Acoustics or Audio Performance) and there are other prog, psy and goa events all over Athens every weekend. The only bad thing is that I don't see any interesting concerts (unlike past years), except for black rebel motorcycle club. The concerts scene has been pretty dry after the summer and it seems to be going worse.

Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

The only bad thing is that I don't see any interesting concerts (unlike past years), except for black rebel motorcycle club. The concerts scene has been pretty dry after the summer and it seems to be going worse.

I'm actually comng back to contradict myself... I booked tickets for TruckFighters (Swedish Prog/Stoner metal band) for Friday and there's also RIOT V (ex RIOT) for people that are into the more classic metal sound, Iced Earth (bleeeeeeeeeh), Blue Oyster Cult, Red Fang (might go), Misfits + a few others the following weeks... Obiously these are not the Metallicas and Pearl Jams of music but they are very good quailty bands and with a 15-20 eur tickets nowadays it's a great night out.