Can you find the first post you ever made at psynews?

Ormion

No, my first posts start from the second time I signed in here, after Nemo unbanned me, before that there is nothing.

If you were before 2004 then probably your post is under a guest_radi nickname or something.

unbelievable, I browsed back and found them. Shame most activity was on offtopic at that time. I would have loved to read my love posts to Monica, times go too fast, when we were young times seemed very slow, the older we get, the faster times pass. I wish I would get a second chance. If I see those beautiful times it is hard for me that it will not repeat in that way any time.

Yesss, yes I can!

I'm so glad it still exists. I never bothered to merge my member name as it was offered, so you can't find it by looking for RTP. I had to scan through by hand, it was a helluva work.

Here it is:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/2893-minimalistic-psy-need-advice/

I got pointed over from Tranceaddict. That was a cool forum, but I haven't really been there in ages. But it didn't matter because I found this place here :)

That has been more than 11 years ago. Shit, time passes fast...

I left my house yesterday, attempting to reveal the dark, seemingly hidden secrets of my past. It all started with a single thread, challenging me to go forth and find the very first post I had made on Psynews. As the pixels reflected off of my large framed glasses, I pushed them against my forehead and made a satisfying snort. It was time for a journey.

Through treacherous mountains, the scorning bellowing of tribes echoed throughout the desert as I searched so desperately to find my beginnings. The sun screamed down upon my face, forcing me to throw drop after drop of sweat down onto the sandy ground below. I battered my head with my fist, regretting the decision I had made. Why had I gone on this pilgrimage into the unknown? I didn't even know where to start. As the sun slowly set behind the wet caverns of my homeland, I sat silently against an uncomfortable rock. I was hungry for pizza rolls, and I would have been eating them if it weren't for my rash mistake leaving the comfort of my home out of sheer boredom. I made conversation with a cactus next to me, realized I was talking to a cactus, and simply said "fuck".

I rudely left the cactus in the middle of my philosophical conundrum and decided it was best to turn back and face the penalty of being home after supper. Then again, I wasn't quite sure if my step father noticed my absence. He was likely stuck in yet another dramatic climax from one of his Norwegian soap operas, or perhaps he was attempting to poorly hand write an apology letter to my mother who ran off with a model, whom had a taste for many fancy cheeses. I remember the smell of those cheeses. They drenched the bland wall paper of our house with horrible smells, as if another plane of existence was being summoned from the sheer terror of Limburger.

As I pondered bio-mechanical warfare possibilities with mozzarella, I looked up for a rare moment and realized I had no idea where I was. This was common, and usually I was not startled by any stretch of the imagination, but at this particular moment I was greeted by the drool from a large, grey monster with three hundred teeth, fifty-eight arms, and a giant nose. Its growl shattered my heart and made the single tiny hair on my chest stand straight up. I immediately realized my interpretation of this mythical creature was an exaggeration, but couldn't help but utter some strange phenomenon from deep within my bowels. Yes, I shit myself. Embarrassed, I apologized to the wolf.

He replied with another growl. I wasn't certain what to say next, as I had never actually conversed with a wolf. I am sure my school had a lesson or two on the subject, but my addiction to funny looking cats on the internet demolished my teachers dreams of me ever paying attention to such content. I decided it was best to reach out my hand for a gentlemen-like shake. The wolf apparently did not appreciate the gesture, as he clawed at my arms with extreme force. Not only had I never spoken to a wolf, but I had never fought one either, so I made the most logical decision anyone would.

Flailing my arms wildly like some autistic eagle, I jumped into a nearby hole. I was lucky enough to learn at that moment wolfs don't like holes, since he didn't jump in with me. I placed a small, imaginary victory trophy on a dusty shelf inside my head. Discoveries had always pleased me. As I fell down the strange pit, I waved the animal goodbye. Perhaps he would give me another chance someday and we could go on a nice date to Olive Garden. I could meet his family, discuss politics over a nice glass of brandy, and forget about the worlds troubles sitting next to a warm fire upon vinyl furniture. I then made it a goal to study wolf culture and courtesy to avoid future conflict. I wondered if wolfs even liked vinyl. At least, I am sure that would have been my next thought if it werent for the surprising thump of a stone against my head.

Moments later, I slowly leaned up as my head throbbed in pain. The world spun in all directions as blood trickled down my face. I looked at my watch, hoping to see the time, but I discovered I had no watch. How odd. Well, I guess that did make sense. After all I had a serious disliking for arm decorations. I dotted down a note next to my virtual trophy cabinet to consider buying a watch at some point. I stood up and looked above me. I had fallen quite a ways and was certainly not climbing back up. It was dark, but the glow of my cracked iPhone slightly lit the apparent underground maze. I continued walking, looking for an exit of some sorts.

After a few hours of getting absolutely nowhere, I made a loud moan of annoyance and sat down. The cave was barren, cold, and extremely boring. There was nowhere else to go, and I was definitely lost. Staring at the ground in depression, I came to the conclusion that not only had I not found my first post on Psynews, I had gotten myself stranded in an abyss soon to be my grave. There was nothing else left to do but to sit and wait for death to come.

Hours passed.

"Where the hell is he??" I thought. Life was becoming extremely tedious and I was quite ready for it to end by the deathly touch of the grim reaper. I was sure he was a busy man, but I personally felt my situation to be a little bit more important than most. Finally, a shadowy figure approached. "Well it's about damn time you showed up," I said. The beast reached out his arm, and I prepared for the worst. "WOW!" it screamed as it placed a large, sweaty hand on my shoulder. Startled, I stared into the glossy eyes of an odd looking dwarf-sized man. "Your the first person to come here in AGES!" he stated. Confused, I asked him a very serious question. "What the fuck are you talking about". He smiled eagerly. "You, you are in my house! Welcome!". I had no idea who would call such a dreadful place their "house", but then I thought back to my home and didn't see much a difference. I guessed it could easily be a house. "Come, I want to show you something," he said.

Without a choice, I followed the random character into the darkness for a number of minutes until we stopped at a dead end. He fiddled with the wall for a moment and flicked an oddly placed light switch. Hidden amongst the underground pit was a cozy, well-lit room with a bricked fire place, tasteful carpet, and vinyl chairs. He begged for me to have a seat, and I gladly did so. We talked for an hour or so about my journey while sharing a glass of fine wine. He nodded his head in excitement and turned on a computer on a desk. He actually had an account on Psynews! This man, living all alone deep inside an abandoned crevice in the earth was on one of my favorite forums! As we shared psytrance tales, he revealed to me that his username was "radi6404".

We talked for hours, in fact I am sitting next to him right now. He is such a fine gentleman with a great taste for music and culture. You know, even though I went through a lot today, an awful lot, after all of that I think it was worth it. We listened to some great tunes, played chutes and ladders, and roasted a delicious chicken. Then we cuddled. I learned a lot today, and I must thank the poster for inspiring me to go on such an incredible journey.

Alas, I was never able to find my first post… but at least I was able to find my first friend.

I'm speechless...3 questions: are you high on gasoline or whatever? Are you sober and this is you thinking you're a fx writer and this is your vision of a modern short story saga? Finally, are you and that soft head Radi the same person?

I'm speechless...3 questions: are you high on gasoline or whatever? Are you sober and this is you thinking you're a fx writer and this is your vision of a modern short story saga? Finally, are you and that soft head Radi the same person?

Im high off of delicious chicken dumplings, bored and waiting for my roomate to stop playing fighting games so I can use the TV to play Bioshock, and am secretly an alt of Radi.

That's some big ("fat") slab of writing 0wnage right there above, sir. Brilliant!

Anyway, I don't wanna interfere with your Bioshock playing -- go on with it, great game ;)

And: cool, I didn't think I was actually even a little bit older than you, Ormion. I thought I perceived you kinda as a "part of the inventory" here already since the beginning.

Insejn, by the way, too ... but he is really here much longer than me. Too bad you can't find the post anymore :P

apparently it's this one:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/50977-tangerine-dream/?do=findComment&comment=852872

and it's not even about psytrance :rolleyes:

Damn, I still didn't give Phaedra that well deserved re-spin.

Thanks for the reminder :D

lots of 'guest' user names on the threads some of you people have found your first posts in. I havent tried yet but if it's easy to do like DI, I can do it ;p It was probably in the DJ promotion thread since I pretty much downloaded a ton of mixes back in '06.

my first posts in 2003 on the DI boards was in the song thread for Cafe Del Mar - Energy 52. hahaha! it was on the Eurodance channel. I recently borrowed a trance cd from someone that summer or the one before and saw that name before heading to my "home" then left a post that still isn't regretted. its too funny hehe har har 8)

EDIT: no idea how to find my first post here. Any tips? I used the specific date search thing but it just links me to my profile. maybe cuz I did member search..? I will see if I can do the same options not in a 'member search'

EDIT#2: Nope, can't find it. It might actually be in the for sale section when I finally found a copy of Psygone - Optimystique. I do not remember how I bumped into these forums but once I saw the for sale section I put that notice out there, looking for the album and was shocked to get a reply so soon ;p

(third time is a charm)

EDIT #3- this must be it since I made the post so early in the day I joined (4:21am). Maybe I did stumble onto the forums from looking for this album..

its funny to see my eagerness for the Ethereal cd. As of now, I find it kind of 'meh' - not sure where I eventually got it from...

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/43154-anyone-have-psygone-or-ethereal/?p=663680

some of you in this thread replied there too 8))

EDIT: no idea how to find my first post here. Any tips? I used the specific date search thing but it just links me to my profile. maybe cuz I did member search..? I will see if I can do the same options not in a 'member search'

I guess you must have to remember what your first post was about. At least that's how I found it.