What ambient do you listen to?

radi6404

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njkmO2Zi8rw

I LISTEN TO THIS TRACK 100 TIMES PER DAY

i take it you sleep in a coffin as well during the day? and avoid garlic? :P

just listen this: http://www.mixcloud.com/stryder/stryder-eastern-winds-final-cut-tribal-ambient-mix-20110711/

tribal and arabian ambient music with a true heart and soul if you ask me!

• 3 months later...

For a bit ethnic sound I go to Kaya Project (all albums - brilliant), if I want to mechanize things - Bluetech is my man :)

Also I often listen to first Abakus, Tripswitch, Asura, Ott or Chilling Matenda. Thanks to Ektoplazm recently I've discovered Globular (great dubby sounds) and Metaphorical Cloud (nice 'syrupy' atmosphere).

I dont really like goa-ambient like Asura. I think its kinda boring with goatrance they slowed down to 100 bpm.

But I do like some of it, if its really good.

¨

I enjoy Aes Danas track Natti Natti very much. Its real ambient imho.

I also love Entheogenic, their are my favorite chillout artist. Very very psychedelic, similar to the style of Sphongle, but without the mindfuck. They are imo even better than Shpongle.

I really dont listen to any of this anymore though, it was more back in the early 2000s when I did drugs this music was interesting to me.

I do not listen to any "Psychill" such as Entheogenic or Shulman etc. I find it all pretty silly, corny and rather embarassing to listen to with all of its forced ethnic sounds and synthesized sitars.

I very rarely listen to ambient with any beats, in fact I don't think true Ambient should have any beats whatsoever, but I absolutely adore drone ambient such as:

Jefre Cantu - Ledesma

Gas

Tim Hecker

Biosphere

Fennesz

William Basinski

This is my favourite drone ambient track of all time:

It's seriously divine, melancholy, textural, subtle, detailed in the foreground and background.

sir, if you dont listen to music because it is silly - that means that you think anyone that DOES listen to it, silly, corny, and whatever else you decided to throw out your mouth.

Youre absolutely judging the listener at the same time, and I think its quite uneccesary to bash anyone without any reason what so ever.

Let everyone listen to what they want. No need to insult people like you do.

Dude calm down, that's what I think of Psychill, don't take it personally. I'm not defining you (someone who I don't know whatsoever) in any way, I just can't stand that music. Don't attribute those comments about that style of music to who you are because that's not the intention. I can say I think music is shit without saying the person who listens to it is shit as well.

Im perfectly calm. Just dislike people throwing around insults when there is absolutely no need to.

Here is what you said

I do not listen to any "Psychill" such as Entheogenic or Shulman etc. I find it all pretty silly, corny and rather embarassing to listen to with all of its forced ethnic sounds and synthesized sitars.

This means

Everyone who DOES listen to it is: corny, embarassing and silly. Otherwise why would they listen to corny, embarrasing music?

You couldve just said you dislike the music. There was absolutely no need for the insults.

I like all kinds of ambient music, I love goa ambient music that sounds like slowed down goa trance, electronic ambient like Zerotonine - Lunatic, Enterprise - Tiny little atoms or similar stuff, it is great music, but I also love dub like Ott a lot and am wondering if there are similar artists to Ott. So I like all kinds of ambient, also the embarassing one.

• 5 months later...

I listen to a lot of ambient:

Ishq is very natural, conjures images of wide open spaces, summer and greenery in some albums and alien landscapes in others. Brilliant.

Anthony Paul Kerby, of The Circular Ruins, Nunc Stans etc does nice drone stuff, textured layers drawing up images for me of grey English landscapes.

Tetsu Inoue did some great spacey stuff and I loved Steve Roach's Magnificent void and Stalker by Robert Rich and Brian Lustmord is a wonderfully dark album.

I like the psychill and downbeat mentioned here, Solar Fields and Carbon Based Lifeforms are great atmospheric downbeat. CBL's Twentythree was a very nice ambient album too. It was like there usual style, without beats.

For Goa-ambient, Alien Mutation, Shamanic tribes on acid, Optic eye, Bass meditation, or basically Jake Stephenson and anything he was involved in is what defines goa ambient for me. Really tripped out psychedelic stuff, which seems more trippy to me as it's slowed down.

since i resist to buy endless amounts of physical cds i listen to alot of free stuff. nothing new to mention that ektoplazm is a incredible perfect place to start your search through the net of digital-only releases where you'll find an endless amount of good music in the traditional and advanced downtmepo music. i always wondered why it's like that specifically in this genre and its bastards... i think because of less boundaries?