The god(s) of Goa trance.

exotic

Goa trance gods  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who according to you were the most influential / spiritual / enjoyable/ innovative Goa trance musicians?

• Etnica / Pleidians /Crop circles
    • Astral Projection
    • Hallucinogen
    • Blue planet corporation
    • Koxbox
    • Electric Universe
    • Cosmosis
    • Message from God
    • Total Eclipse
    • The Infinity Project
    • Eat Static
    • Dimension 5
    • Juno Reactor
    • Others .. please specify below

So guys i thought it would be interesting to know since we are all goa trance freaks over here, who according to you guys was/were the artists (pre 2K) that made you feel like yeah this is what i have been waiting for all my life .. ok a little over the top maybe but you know what i mean ;)

For me it was MFG but i discovered them too late.. project genesis was the sound that i had been searching for .. futuristic , hypnotic , slightly dark and full of drive but yet had the signature Goa trance melodious feel from back in the day . I just had such a blast listening to it the first time its just beyond words to describe. :)

What about you guys ?

Edited by exotic

Thats the point i want you to select one!

would be cool if everyone could write a line or two about the artist(s) that they choose :)

I would label the same, Electric Universe, MFG, Astral projection, Hallucinogen, Etnica/Pleiadians, Blue planet corp, Koxbox, The infinity Project, all of those artists are the same ligue for me, not one of them is better or worse, gods.

"Gods"... I smell another war between fanboys coming up!

well any one who creates anything can be called a god and to add to the fact that some of the albums created by these guys are worth worshiping

:D If you see it that way. But talent =/= a 'Godly' personality I think. Half of these guys could be arrogant assholes, creating some trance arrangements won't change that. :P

Not talking about personalities here :) just the fact that they managed to create beautiful and priceless art which is a thing of joy forever.

I voted Hallucinogen as there is only one true God heh :)

While I love Pleiadians etc Simon was just on another level. I don't even think of hallucinogen as Goa really, (I know I know) but just his own entity. Wish I was around at the time it started!

Influential: Astral Projection

Spiritual: Hmm...MFG maybe

Enjoyable: All of them

Innovative: Pleiadians mostly because of FOL which IMO was the next step in Goa Trance evolution (that never came).

Guest D N H

I don't think that back then there was a group that influenced others, largely at least, as each group had its very personal sound. But before the first wave, we have to see which ones were the first releases of goa sound. And i think the purest was the Transmissions album.

This can be noticed largely for the first time, with the minimal approach that X-Dream/Delta first introduced.

On today's (neo)goa scene, i think, at some extend, the etnica/pleiadians/cc & dimension5/hunab ku groups have been an influence.

But this, as far as it concerns the sound influence.

Guest D N H

Innovative: Pleiadians mostly because of FOL which IMO was the next step in Goa Trance evolution (that never came).

+

Etnica - Equator

Chi A.D. - Anno Domini

i chose cosomosis, for his/earlier on, their diversity. and so billy gets a vote, cause he deserves at least 1....... and to piss radi off of course!

Radi will teleport you now on bulgarian stepp mountain where Boris is playing live retro set without One Love

I would have voted D5 as well...

But because they were not in the list: the gods of typical, great... lovely goa trance must be Astral Projection imo, I can still listen their albums, 15 years later, and still love every melody! :)

I added D5 and Juno reactor to the poll , i assume all the "Other " votes went to D5 .. I noticed there was one for Juno reactor as well .. ah well , we could subtract one vote from D5 and add one to Juno unless the person who voted for Juno in others votes again.

If I had to choose only one it would be Etnica and aliases, simply because to my ears they made Goa sound how it should sound. Regardless, all the other artists mentioned in the poll are favorites of mine and depending on the time and my mood any one of these would be classified as godlike-tier Goa by me ^^