Goa trance is rather simple compared to the electrinica out there

radi6404

So I realized from TV shows lately that there is much more msucally complex and talented music out there than goa trance and goa ambient, I am not offending the big guys which are fine. But the laugable ambient stuff that is being posted here with one melody playing for 10 minutes with a few variations have nothing to do with great music, for example enterprise and similar stuff that was appreciated a lot a few months ago, where I ahd to laugh about the simplicity.

On tv documentaries I hear music that is very mleodious with electronical piano sound and deep melodies, complex and moving ambient music that tells a story and can be listened several times without getting sick of it. I am wondering how the ambient stuff here is being appreciated so much here when there is music out tehre that is much beyond the simple level of music by the artists shown here, music that will really awake you and give you feelings, not make you sick because the artist is copy and pasting one melody for 10 minutes and thinks it is world moving ambient music.

If that would be used for documentaries about space or cars or technology, people would never watch the documentary again, because it would bore them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that much goa trance, but more the ambient that is posted here. And many goa trance artists, except the big guys lie Boris, Astral, Hallucinogen, MFG, MWNN often use a few melodies for a long song, which is really reperative and shows lack of ideas and complexity in music, wich is really a shame, some of the music that is published should not even be released at all for itÄs simplicity, for example Ethereal, their tracks consist of one melody for the whole song, that is so rediculus and no normal person without drugs can get through it. I want music that sounds good from start to finish, not music that sounds good for one minute and than repeats, just like a lot of the repetative ambient recommended that is just unbelievable.

Not that much goa trance, but more the ambient that is posted here. And many goa trance artists, except the big guys lie Boris, Astral, Hallucinogen, MFG, MWNN often use a few melodies for a long song, which is really reperative and shows lack of ideas and complexity in music, wich is really a shame, some of the music that is published should not even be released at all for itÄs simplicity, for example Ethereal, their tracks consist of one melody for the whole song, that is so rediculus and no normal person without drugs can get through it. I want music that sounds good from start to finish, not music that sounds good for one minute and than repeats, just like a lot of the repetative ambient recommended that is just unbelievable.

Repetitive patterns in fast music (namely basslines) are one of the best inductors to trance. I suggest you make a search on hypnosis and frequencies. A well constructed bassline is able to put a person in a euphoric state for hours, melodies also are trance inductors. And I disagree with you about drugs: I have never taken any and I felt a complete state of euphoria and trance while dancing to goa and psychedelic.

has it ever occured to you that the very things you dislike (simple repeating patterns) are exaclty the things that other people do like?

i for one dont like it when the patterns change too quickly or too often. one simple melody is plenty if its done properly.

differnet strokes man.

astral and hallucinogen are "big guys"? what year is this?

i don't like it either wne chane too quickly, still it does not mean that the should be done too simple, electric universe - Sirius Shuttle, aktually it is Rainbow spirit is a very long track and has lots of the same, yet it starts with a verlucinogen deranger or y different melody at the eginning and then continues with other melodies, electric universe Galaxia also consists of two melodies for the main part, astral projetion - people can fly or or an hallucinogen deranger or fluoro neuro shponge, they al show good goa trance and consist of several melodies for one track, the etheral fucking imbecile shit however consists for one melody for 10 minutes, any track i have produced is musically more advanced than any trackereal has produced, and that should mean a lot, i have produced vvery simple and bad music, but it has more musical ingredients than ethereal or a lot of newschool stuff.

Laughing Buddha - Karma

what the fuck, one melody that repeat and repeats and repeats and repeats, after two minutes any person expects a change andmore advanced musical sgructures to follow except strange people.

So i want people to recommend me good and intresting electronica like the video of the in game music that i posted here, which is even way gtoo short for the elements it has, it could be 5 minutes.

Laughing Buddha - Karma

what the fuck, one melody that repeat and repeats and repeats and repeats, after two minutes any person expects a change andmore advanced musical sgructures to follow except strange people.

What are you talking about? That track has like

before the two minute mark.

electric universe - Sirius Shuttle, aktually it is Rainbow spirit is a very long track and has lots of the same, yet it starts with a verlucinogen deranger or y different melody at the eginning and then continues with other melodies

Wtf are you talking? :D

Do you know how that track sounds on party? It's not multilayered but is amazing, makes great drive. I wish more people today make this 'simple' goa

I am questioning the intelligence of the psynews members here, you think you can hve a fun of me and put me down altough you don't understand that I am putting you down. People are justifying the simplicity of newschool goa trance music and ambient music here with that they want to hear simple music rather than complex, because too many changes would make them crazy and the music less interesting, usually it is the opposite.

I have a very good friend called feaathers, I have talked with him often and most trance tracks I shared to him, even the more complex ones he said, he could not sit through the whole song, he listens to very complex music, mostly rock and metal, but alwas musically complex with unexpected rythms and a lot of musical changes, he listens to percupine tree and silversun pickups, to some Pop music and a lot of other music and agreed that Boris Blenn - Kosmonaut is a better track.

On the other hand I am really questioning the musical tastes of psynews members here, because most of the newschool stuff, like ethereal and ypsilon ´5 and also most of the ambient music recommended here, like enterprise is musically less advanced than Westbam - Save the Robots. I dont like that rack a lot for the synths it used, but otherwise it is a musically pretty good track and gives more feelings than laughing buddha or ethereal, so the real psychedelic music should be loked at by west am and similar, the pioneers of electronica a long time ago?

Astrix Sciense is god is full on, but it also is musically more advanced than any everreleased ethereal track and probably any laughing buddha track, so it is important that artists again focuson real musical elements and not fast copyand paste production with simple and non innovative melody evolvements. Send me a confortable midi keyboard, a confortable mouse and keyboard and I can achieve that aswell.

You made my day :lol:

I think goa trance is the most difficult and varied electronic music out there, be it sounds and melodies. Take a look at

for instance, and pay attention to all sound evolutions, background sounds progressing and coming back & forth, all special effects. It takes a huge amount of time to compose and iron out imperfections, not to mention a tune is 8-10 minutes long. I think you are kidding. Composing a goa trance takes more than an afternoon, compared to some other minimal electronic genres.

Composing goa trance wihtout key changes and without a lot of melodies is not very difficult my friend. You start the track, program the melodies and basslines and put them on seeral synth channels, than you automate them and allready have much different sounding versions of them, so than you will play one synthchannel and than the other one, than you will program a few background melodies and filter sweeps and add more sounds while the track progresses and you have an ethereal or laughing buddha alike track.

Taking one of the most complex goa trance tracks like UX does not speak for all goa trance man. UX is very good and i have not questioned them at all. But other tracks by ohter artists really lack complexity.

Ypsilon5 - ground zero is one example of vvery simple goa trance, one great melody for the whole track and at the end a typical trance melody, that track can be done very quickly in a confortable studio and it is musically very simple.

Look at Hallucinogen - Fluoro neuro shponge, it has so many ingredients and is not simple at all, Simon Posford made the afford to create a very intresting track even back at that time that no newschool artist is doing,he starts with a 3/4 beat, than use several melodiey or Deranger or Horrorgramm, a lot of things are happening in those tracks and make them sound very intresting, that is not the case with a lot of newschool stuff, it is simply very generic.

It does take a lot of work and time to gain the technical knowledge to harness your synths, to use fully a computer sequencer, to mix the instruments, and to develop your creativity.

I think minimalist doesn't necessarily mean "bad", as I like some tunes that are minimalist e.g.

, however, I do prefer maximalist music where you get lost among all that is going on within the tune.

You're talking about new school...For me, most of new school if full-on music with basically a kick drum and a bass line. There isn't much goa trance creation nowadays, compared to new-school psytrance. And I agree then, that minimal psytrance music is not very creative, emotional or attractive. It reminds me disposable music created quickly in bulk, that is aired on the radio.

That is exactly my point and it applies to most nwschool, also to annoebis label, who owns this forum, i was laughed at when i shared some music here in this foru, but the music at least contained key changes, several melodies undermined with a string and many more ingredients, that his newschool artists do not even have, what a joke, it is disgusting.

I am questioning the intelligence of the psynews members here, you think you can hve a fun of me and put me down altough you don't understand that I am putting you down.

Boris Blenn's wisdom :lol: best sentence ever spoken by a man (astral creature) :ph34r:

Radi do you know how big studio Ethereal have?

http://www.etherstudio.se/studio.html

Then imagine that you need every melody to make (as midi first) then you have to make a preset, then automations, effects... then you have to record that as audio and fit with other layers. And do that again every time and if you fail go again and again. I made with Fredrik (Ethereal) two tracks already and started third and trust me i know. There are always minimum 4-5 layers not counting bass and drums and percs. Also you think is fast to make new school goa? It took us few months to finish 2 tracks.

Artist as first should make what he like, not what some guy called Radi want.

MAKE SOME TRACK AND SHOW US ASTRAL KNOWLEGDE :excl:

i have produced tracks in the past, you can listen on my soundloud channel if you want, radi6404.

OK

YOUR MUSIC SUCKS DONKEY BALLS RADI!

YOU COULDN'T COMPOSE A TRACK IF YOU TRIED, AND EVERYONE TOLD YOU SO

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT, AND JUST TRY TO WIND PEOPLE UP FOR THE SAKE OF IT.

AND THEN YOU BASH OTHER ARTISTS, WHO ARE FUCKING MEMBERS ON THIS SITE!

THEY SELL ALBUMS YOU IGNORANT FUCK, THEY ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, THEY ACTUALLY USE PROPER EQUIPMENT.

ARE YOU GETTING IT.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST FUCK OFF BACK TO

WHAT EVER SPECIES SPAWNED YOU.

OR SHUT THE FUCK UP

OR I WILL BE RAMMING

• MFB Nanozwerg
  • Roland JV-1080 (exp:Session,Vintage,World,Special FX)
  • Roland MKS-50
  • Roland SH-101
  • Studio Electronics ATC-Xi QFS
  • Waldorf Q Keyboard

DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT

now............................................................. fuck off

It is not for you to decide whether my music sucks or does not suck. Your alughable response with aggression shows that you are not able to discuss things but don't know any different than to answer in a nasty and brbaric way. I am able to compose tracks and have only played on soundcloud.

Something tht is different on my tracks by the way is, that they consist of several melodies, have strings, key changes and many more musical ingredients which ethereal for example lacks.

But to make a long story short, I will ask you know, do you think that any person except psytrance enthusiasts could go through ethereal or laughing buddha or similar for 8 minutes with one melody?

I am a psytrance enthusiast, but I can not go through a whole track of those.

I like good goa trance, mfg, astral, boris blenn, simon posford, even astrix, space tribe, hunab ku, plleiadians, but I do not like the stuff with one melody for the whole lengh of the track, simple copy and paste music without thinking, just writting a melody on several channels and then turning them on and off in the playlist and writting a few automations.

And if you like my music or do not like it is not important since music is not only measured by taste but also by musical chrateristics.

SFX - We are controlling transmission is far more advanced than any laughing buddha track or ethereal track.