Insejn

What are you doing right now?

johnb820    158

I'm just hanging around the central library here in Buffalo, NY pinging domain names and smiling way too much. :)

Tsotsi    138
15 hours ago, johnb820 said:

I'm just hanging around the central library here in Buffalo, NY pinging domain names and smiling way too much. :)

You're in Buffalo? I was there 2 months ago for work. Best selection of dive bars I have ever seen. Great people around. Not a lot of work was done.

• Haha 1

johnb820    158

So once again I am just sitting here in the central library in downtown Buffalo contemplating my options. I managed to purchase a pair of headphones despite having little to no money so there's that going for me.

I really do begin to wonder what in god's name happened to the world. I am very lucky to be alive right now and yet I have so little left of my life. I don't know. I found a website that emulates a Linux environment with LMMS on it so I might fiddle with that or perhaps go get my bike repaired. Just another day living life in a sort of quasi twilight zone daze. At least I will know tonight will be a moon night almost guaranteed and that's always a good thing.

Did you know that over the late summer and early fall the moon was blocked out of view in North America and effectively hidden? The lack of moonlight caused the night sky to plunge into near total darkness and crops had their growth stunted. On a bus ride to Chicago, Illinois earlier this year I witnessed farmlands with 1 foot tall corn stalks in September.

Dolmot    173

Is there a moon in your window?

• Haha 1

johnb820    158

Currently hogging some free wifi at a Target, trying to figure out how I can let people know I am still alive even though I am still homeless and still having problems with finances even though my tax returns came in and I have some money on hand for the time being.

Bartzabel    20

Trying not vomit because we were supposed to head off in a dream family holiday to Europe in a week, and now we can't even find out what our options are for cancelling or rescheduling. 

Thousands of dollars potentially lost, and seriously if you look at all the stats the world has gone insane. 

Tsotsi    138
12 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Trying not vomit because we were supposed to head off in a dream family holiday to Europe in a week, and now we can't even find out what our options are for cancelling or rescheduling. 

Thousands of dollars potentially lost, and seriously if you look at all the stats the world has gone insane. 

Its pretty fucked. I feel for you guys. We have had a domestic comedy cruise in brisbane cancelled on us too.

I don't think govts have any idea what they are doing right now. Just blindly following each other, the cost of treating the sick can't possibly be greater than the cost of a world recession.

Dolmot    173

That's just incredibly shitty luck. I've had a couple of events and trips cancelled too but thanks to sheer luck, procrastination and finally caution, I hadn't paid a penny for them yet. Right now there's just the sudden, eerie emptiness in my schedules for the whole spring and maybe summer. (OK, also a thing or two with investments but let's not discuss that.)

It's totally fine and natural to feel frustrated (to put it very mildly). However, I'd also suggest not blaming anyone too much. Yes, poor decisions have been made here and there, but right now we don't have that many really good ones available either, because things are going pear shaped in general.

Some agencies and hotels have been generous with their rescheduling options so I can simply hope that at least something can be recouped that way. If you ever get a second chance, let's see what we can do. :)

Celaripo    155
17 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

5 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Its pretty fucked. I feel for you guys. We have had a domestic comedy cruise in brisbane cancelled on us too.

I don't think govts have any idea what they are doing right now. Just blindly following each other, the cost of treating the sick can't possibly be greater than the cost of a world recession.

dumb posts 

• Like 1

Veracohr    109
17 hours ago, Celaripo said:

dumb posts 

How so?

Dolmot    173

Looks like I was coincidentally running with Mars. Heh. :)

Bartzabel    20

Waiting for my wife to finish stories with my 7 year old son, then I go do cuddle & lullabies with him. Our younger daughter is already down. While I wait I am listening to Mizmor "Yodh" album on my headphones, and working out how to finish a tune I'm working on with the Sequential Pro 3 for an ambient noise project I'm doing.  

Bartzabel    20

Just bought myself this little box of fun!

0CC0D79A-AE2C-4C9F-8A37-A1FE59F17942.jpeg

AstralSphinx    51
8 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Just bought myself this little box of fun!

0CC0D79A-AE2C-4C9F-8A37-A1FE59F17942.jpeg

daaymn cool little synthesizer, what is it even? some kind of mini-modular system? Does it have a sequencer? 

Bartzabel    20
13 minutes ago, AstralSphinx said:

daaymn cool little synthesizer, what is it even? some kind of mini-modular system? Does it have a sequencer? 

Yeah it's like a Buchla Easel in eurorack format. Atonal sonic exploration. I have a bunch of standard synths (Pro 3, Moog Matriarch, DSI Rev 2 & Novation Summit) but want some experimental  stuff as well.

Arriving shortly is the Erica Synths Techno System & Fusion System II. 

Because I do music professionally I can claim a lot of tax back on these so it saves me a lot of money. 

• Thanks 1