Astral Projection - Open Society - The EP (Trust In Trance Records)

Astral Projection - Open Society - The EP (Trust In Trance Records)

Release date: Sept. 11th 2010 (now)

Artwork:

Posted Image

Release info:

FINALLY, the long awaited EP is coming your way, with 8 tracks & remixes by Astral Projection & friends... To be followed by another 2 EP's and at long long last the new album from Astral Projection. Avaible Sept. 11th 2010 exclusively at our online store and late Sept. at iTunes, Beatport, and all other online shops...

Extra info:

*All* of the previously released tracks are remastered for 2010!

Tracklist:

01 - Astral Projection - Humans Will Play For Robots (Chillout Mix)

02 - Astral Projection - Open Society (Silicon Sound Remix)

03 - Astral Projection - Open Society (Original Mix)

04 - Astral Projection - Humans Will Play For Robots (John '00' Fleming & The Digital Blonde Remix)

05 - Astral Projection - Humans Will Play For Robots ('We Have The Technology' 2010 Remix)

06 - Astral Projection - Open Society (SynSUN Remix)

07 - Astral Projection - Humans Will Play For Robots (Morning Mix)

08 - Astral Projection - Open Society (Atomic Pulse Remix)

Link: http://www.astral-projection.com/store/?q=catalog/21

Right...

The good: They finally released something.

The bad: It's bad. I'm not a diehard "1996 only" purist when it comes to AP or trance in general. I enjoyed Amen. I even included One in my "best of 2009" mix. However, this EP is too much. It's a gratinéed loaf of limburger cordon bleu in nacho sauce with occasional parmesan sprinkled on top. Thanks but no thanks.

The ugly: I actually expect Duke Nukem Forever to deliver faster and better than AP's album.

I wish even a quarter of this DJmag spamming time was spent on discovering deep trance again.

Oh well, I'll try to concentrate on the good part after all. Too much negativity going on in these happy hippie circles.

Right...

The good: They finally released something.

The bad: It's bad. I'm not a diehard "1996 only" purist when it comes to AP or trance in general. I enjoyed Amen. I even included One in my "best of 2009" mix. However, this EP is too much. It's a gratinéed loaf of limburger cordon bleu in nacho sauce with occasional parmesan sprinkled on top. Thanks but no thanks.

The ugly: I actually expect Duke Nukem Forever to deliver faster and better than AP's album.

I wish even a quarter of this DJmag spamming time was spent on discovering deep trance again.

Oh well, I'll try to concentrate on the good part after all. Too much negativity going on in these happy hippie circles.

:lol:

Duke Nukem Forever! :lol:

I might just give a listen to the demos just to see how they are like , but they are older , certainly things now are way different than 96. It's something that everybody should understand.

Also to add , they are trying to come in some other places and maybe even turn 'killa' ?

Astral Projection was killa back in the days sure and nobody here has a single doubt in it , but nowadays ... it's hard for them and they are much older , i see them now the same way i see a legendary heavy metal band.

:lol:

Duke Nukem Forever! :lol:

Maybe the both of you aren't up to speed, but Duke Nukem Forever was playable at the recent PAX and will be released this year :)

As far as the AP EP is concerned: I liked the samples of the "Humans Will Play For Robots (Chillout Mix)" a lot...that was really great and showed their talent for creating a great atmosphere in their tracks. "We Have The Technology" sounds very good, too. I can see myself trance-dancing to it very well. Considering their awesome Jarre remix of "Oxygene 8", I'm pretty convinced that their upcoming album will be a hit!

Nah man , i wasn't making fun of you , i like Duke Nukem specially the 1st one , the other ones weren't very good compared to it.

Doom is very good too ;) .

Nah, I didn't mean it that way. It's more like saying that if even DUKE NUKEM FOREVER finally gets released (something nobody expected to happen any more), then chances might still be there, that AP will release their album :)

like how does it sound cuz Astral Projection is what got me into the psy scene so is it alright or what?

Don't expect to hear their Pre-2000 sound. They changed their sound I personally love their work today.

Some news:

- "Open Society" album still scheduled for 2010 release.

- Second album coming in 2011 dedicated to Jean Michel Jarre remixes

- "Open Society" album was completely done years ago, but BNE stopped the release.

- Older tracks will be reworked with additional sections for the album.

- They contacted Jean Michel Jarre through their friend John '00' Fleming and got the blessing for their Oxygene 4 remix and to do more remixes.

- The History Of War (Feat. Fatali), Dunes Of Gold and Oxygene 4 remix will be on the "Open Society" album.

• 6 months later...

The plan is to release one new EP each month. The album is still scheduled for 2010.

Hello everyone,

I'm pissed of the fact like AP treat their fans. I like them since 1996. But the open society LP was announced in 2005 for beginning 2006. Delay over delay and no LP on sight.

I believe it will never be released.

Aha... hmm, i dont care about Astral anymore. Once they were good (..i know people and music change over the years) but their last tracks..

i couldnt care less about. But hey... thats just my personal opinion.

I dont want to offend anyone ;)

New "One" EP is coming...finally :

Astral projection live from the studio 25-3-201, working on the new EP "One" :

Boom !!

Sounds promising! Since I heard the "leak" of Dunes Of Gold I've been really excited about the new album. I've been an AP fan forever, and even though I agree that some of their newer stuff is not on par (I'm looking at you, Joy!) I also enjoyed tracks like The Prophecy alot, and I really want to believe that they still got it in them. I think they've been in a transition phase since Amen, trying to find a new sound and explore new grounds, and when you try out new stuff you will of course sometimes fail -that's how it works, and it's the only way to evolve. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best :)