Electrypnose - Sweet Sadness (Suntrip)

Guest antic

I wish I could have been surprised, I learned of this a long time ago(I stalk goa labels like a crazy person).

To be honest, I don't know what to think regarding the fact this is coming from Suntrip. Though what I am sure of, is that it's going to be good, no doubt. Electrypnose's debut was amazing, so was the uptempo album.

I wonder whether there will be some Goa trance thrown into the mix just to add to the diversity because Vince is really talented and the only sub genre he hasn't really explored is Goa.

If and when Anoebis or Mars reads this thread, I want to publically ask when are you guys going to reissue the been-out-of-stock-a-long-time cd's Apsara, Twist Dreams and Khetzal?

Probably they will be back available in october :) We are right now finalising the deal with the printing-factory :)

Concerning Electrypnose... Ever since his album "Subliminal Melancholies" we were watching him... During the compiling of Opus Iridium b-side, we had so much great tracks of him we were convinced he deserved a second album! And since nobody else does it, we do it :)

It's no secret we love ambient as well I guess! :) The next cds will be goa again though... So don't worry, Suntrip will continue releasing emotional melodic music... both trance and ambient :)

http://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD20/

Samples and cover are up.

I won't lie, I dislike the cover quite a bit. It's not on par with the rest of the covers, detail/colour-wise. Ayalien makes certain type of covers well but this isn't very good. I would have preferred something more in the theme of like your other covers. The idea is nice but execution lacks.

Now then the samples sound very high quality on the other hand. Interesting.

Because we like to nitpick I will add my two cents. I really like the font and the cover is just ok. It is simple and effective but it maybe could have used more color or features. Anyway, the samples sound promising. I am pickier about the ambient and downtempo I listen to so I am really hoping for something progressive and fresh.

Cover is not 100% final, but I needed something to display.

Yes, 2 min extracts are online here.

Sure we are Ambient lovers (and speaking for myself, Progressive too). Anoebis and I always considered "Subliminal Melancholies" as a sublime album.

We made a first try with Vince/Electrypnose on Opus Iridium, the track was excellent. And since he's a really nice guy, we've kept on discussing this album idea for like 1.5 year. Now it's a reality :)

What's good also is we can at the same time give a break on Goa as we've produced a lot in the past year; and still release quality music for music lovers :)

I won't lie, I dislike the cover quite a bit. It's not on par with the rest of the covers, detail/colour-wise. Ayalien makes certain type of covers well but this isn't very good. I would have preferred something more in the theme of like your other covers. The idea is nice but execution lacks.

I like this cover, and generally dislike the typical super busy, ultra-mega-blast of 10,000 colors covers. I like the simplicity, I think it would portray an ambient album nicely. Although I don't like the font.

Now I just need to check out the samples.

Come On Guys... :)

No need to argue about a cover that is not even final! If you don't like it, well... That happens... The point is, we give our artists the freedom to choose their own cover, and Electrypnose thinks this type of cover fits perfectly with the music. Some things still may change of course, but the idea of a minimal cover will be definitive. If you don't want to buy the cd because of that, well, that's a pitty but we can't make everyone happy with covers...

What our main concern is, is the music, and I hope we can make everybody happy with that :) Any more reactions about the samples? :)

Sounded as good as Subliminal Melancholies and that one was fantastic.

Slightly OT maybe, but did anyone else had the sample player stretched vertically in IE8:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9994/clipjv.png

It looks OK @ home in Chrome, though.

Looks fine on firefox.

Well, you know, you can't expect things to look good with a browser like IE.

I know, but I don't have other options at work :)

Besides, it's the latest version of IE, so one would assume it would be 'decent'...

Downtempo-electrypnose is something to look forward to! But can it get as good as Subliminal melancholies twice?.. Anyway, it´s a blind-buy.

I like the cover. As Amithaba_Buddha were saying, it may be the simplest which is the most beautiful! (and it´s fitting because his music is kind of cold and minimalistic too...)

I know, but I don't have other options at work :)

Besides, it's the latest version of IE, so one would assume it would be 'decent'...

As an even more off-topic comment, the network/computer administrator at MY work officially requested NOBODY at the company use IE because of recent vulnerabilities that were brought to light.

Probably they will be back available in october :) We are right now finalising the deal with the printing-factory :)

GREAT!!!! Finally i will get "Apsara" & "Khetzal"!!!! THANK YOU Anoebis & Mars!!!! :D :D :D

Hi there,

Just wanted to say a little precision about this release.

Suntrip did a nice selection of ambiant works from the oldest to the newest tracks.

"Triste vie" for example has been written back in 2003.

With their experience of compiling music they put together this tracklist which after couple of listening sessions makes to me a perfect flow.

So expect here some older works (which are quite meaningful to me) mixed with fresh tunes.

Peace.

vince