What is the most crazy/ insane psytrance track you have heard?

TheJoker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I'm amazed that noone mentioned Chi AD - Eye Am The I, that one is definately my no.1 crazy track (in the sense that it makes people on the dancefloor go crazy). I remember there was a party and they played it, this guy totally high sat on a floor with a djembé and tried to beat as fast as the music went, he almost passed away from exhaustion lol. If that's not proof enough it's crazy I don't know what is ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBK2NHprek

infected mushroom - twisted

infected mushroom - doremifas

infected mushroom - anyone else but me

infected mushroom - evadawn

hallucinogen - gamma goblins (infected mushroom remix)

infected mushroom - return of the shadows

infected mushroom - psycho

infected mushroom - virtual voyage

man i could go on :P

lapsus - the hyperwarp

lapsus - de tevroegkomer

lapsus - cloud race

lapsus - testikulus

lapsus - giant fart from hell

etnica - nice toy

etnica - vimana

crop circles - lunar civilization

Prānā - Scarab (Green Nuns Of The Revolution Remix) 7:21

chi ad - eye am the I

can't be beaten in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry you full on dark forest freaks, just random noise to me, yes insane but in a bad way!!

that shit will fry your brain :lol: oh so will psychedelic drugs, but i probably don't need to remind you of that as you have to be fried to listen to it

These pop up at random:

Battle of the Future Buddhas - The other way around

Hallucinogen - Space Pussy

Juno Reactor - Conga fury

I.M. - Devil

Reading about Psy Harmonics, another one springs to mind: Psyko Disko - Nobody

blew me of my feet when I first heard it back then in 1996? Now it leaves a smile on my face thinking about it....which has been a while....hehe...

Edited by mephistopheles

I can't get into these darkpsy tracks offered here, they're twisted to some degree (but actually conservatively twisted in my standard) but lack the sort of melodic sensibility or playfulness that makes great darkpsy for me personally. I ultimately feel these artists aren't really pursuing the cutting edge of what darkpsy could be (according to the tracks provided in this topic). It's a potential genre for sure (I'm eagerly waiting for a sort of darkpsy/goa trance collision in the near future).

Here's example of good playful darkpsy (sorry for slight OT :rolleyes: )

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-a5TXsjJgc

I can't get into these darkpsy tracks offered here, they're twisted to some degree (but actually conservatively twisted in my standard) but lack the sort of melodic sensibility or playfulness that makes great darkpsy for me personally. I ultimately feel these artists aren't really pursuing the cutting edge of what darkpsy could be (according to the tracks provided in this topic). It's a potential genre for sure (I'm eagerly waiting for a sort of darkpsy/goa trance collision in the near future).

Remember oXezy?

That's good stuff ... you might like:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9RLuorXGs

what do you say?

(sorry for OT :rolleyes: )

Remember oXezy?

That's good stuff ... you might like:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9RLuorXGs

what do you say?

(sorry for OT :rolleyes: )

I remember seeing some really good oxezy track on youtube and got excited of him. Checking more of his works however, lead me to a conclusion his usual standards are quite average. This track falls quite clearly in the average pile, the "darkpsy" effects are imo nothing exciting just the usual random sounds without sense. I do see your reason to post this track was the melody hook; it's not bad but it's still conservative, easy to make melody that's repeated too many times. Repetition of melody isn't a good factor in such a twisted genre as darkpsy. Secondly, that melody frankly sounds out of place with that darkpsy setting; there's no interaction what so ever. You could've as well take a good ambient track and play it parallel to any given average darkpsy offering and have same results.

I remember seeing some really good oxezy track on youtube and got excited of him. Checking more of his works however, lead me to a conclusion his usual standards are quite average. This track falls quite clearly in the average pile, the "darkpsy" effects are imo nothing exciting just the usual random sounds without sense. I do see your reason to post this track was the melody hook; it's not bad but it's still conservative, easy to make melody that's repeated too many times. Repetition of melody isn't a good factor in such a twisted genre as darkpsy. Secondly, that melody frankly sounds out of place with that darkpsy setting; there's no interaction what so ever. You could've as well take a good ambient track and play it parallel to any given average darkpsy offering and have same results.

Have you tried Darkpsy's debut album Fear?

I wouldn't call it melodic, but it relies more on a melodic structure than random effects.

It's one of my favorite dark psy albums.

I sorta get what you mean .. but you know, I like to keep it simple. The structure, the melodies.

Additionally I don't listen to a lot of darkpsy, which is why I am not so used to all these effects and standard methods and "usual sounds" as you.

That's why I like that piece :)

Have you tried Darkpsy's debut album Fear?

I wouldn't call it melodic, but it relies more on a melodic structure than random effects.

It's one of my favorite dark psy albums.

Right, this is good for me, u have anything like this to recommend, any of this semi-melodic darkpsy..?