Suncd11 - Sundrops

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfly has been asking everyone for demos since a while actually, they are probing the new-school stuff but don't have any solid plans from what I know..

they did the same to me about a year ago :) I'm a sucker for suntrip though

Thanks for the heartwarming reactions everyone, we hope you won't be dissapointed!

@ Penzoline :)

Pre-orders can, just mail at info@suntriprecords.com :)

About Dragonfly, actually they are asking promos for about 3 years now from lots of old and new school artists, but for some odd reason they never released anything?

Soon the website will be updated so you can hear samples from every track :)

In the mean time we are working on the Merr0w album, expect this one in january!

Thanks for the heartwarming reactions everyone, we hope you won't be dissapointed!

@ Penzoline :)

Pre-orders can, just mail at info@suntriprecords.com :)

About Dragonfly, actually they are asking promos for about 3 years now from lots of old and new school artists, but for some odd reason they never released anything?

In the mean time we are working on the Merr0w album, expect this one in january!

yeah they asked me to send a demo almost a year ago, but they didn't react on it...

Guest Cosmogenesis

How can we be disappointed? :lol: This is a dream-team artists compilation and moreover a big surprise!! For me at least, because I was waiting for years to see Ra & Chi-a.d. to appear on the same compilation again, but I didn't expect to see Virtuart and California Sunshine as well on it!! That's another big gift you and Fabien are doing to all the fans and hope that people there are aware of that ! :)

From the samples I have heard on your myspace:

Filteria is reaching definitely another level with this track, very structured atmosphere, efficient utilization of the melodic leads, coordinated background and amazing feeling on the top of that, reminds me -but others may have noticed it-, some Transwave's phototropic influences.

The fresh new Virtuart & Chronomyst track contains definitely pure melodic moments as back to the great koyotte records times !! People will not enjoy but eat it!!

Not surprised by Artifact303, I knew from the beginning that this artist has a big potential and he's always impressing me tracks after tracks. I predict some big future for him, maybe on Cronomi Rec.

Chi-a.d., I heard his last mp3/flac album on his website recently, but the style of this track has nothing to do with it, if I'm not wrong. It sounds like a following of the Earth Crossing sounds and feeling. I can't be more happy to see that!!

And about the other tracks, don't be late to post extracts of RA & California Sunshine :P

California Sunshine's Nasha you said? So I can expect some hypnotic sounds as" Last Feeling" or "Tokyo Underground". We'll wait for the confirmation.

Waiting a lot about the Aerosis track to have a foretaste of their album! Hope to see it as soon as possible next year on Suntrip :D

And Antares? Only 16 years old and so gifted? Whow, can't imagine what you'll be able to do in 5 or 10 years!

The young generation of goa artists is very promising. :)

About the dragonfly case, if you want my opinion, I'm afraid the two goa compilations I heard about two years and more will never see the light, but I hope I'm wrong. After 3 years without to release something, I highly suspect Alex Dreadnaut, one of the manager of dragonfly who is asking always tracks on the myspace pages, to simply take advantage of his label's historic notoriety to catch freely demos from goa artists. The past year, he suggested me to send him an exclusive Metapsychic Rec. compilation that Dragonfly may release with Youth's agreement, without any other explanations (under their name? ours? when? what?). Which sounds to me really weird...

I can understand that they have economic difficulties, but at least don't ask for tracks if you don't have any concrete plans for releases. That's why I urge the goa artists to be careful with this label.

Edited by Cosmogenesis

08. Filteria – Back To Earth

This is the track i was looking forward to hear ever since i've listened to it on filteria's website.

Oddly enough though, the sample on suntrip myspace sounds different - like if the melody was on another key.

To be honest i like the "first version" more, did Jannis decided to change it or is it another part of the track?

Definitly going to buy this one anyway.

Posted Image

I just found out about this today, and really looking forward to it!!

Great artwork guys. The cover looks like the higher consciousness sun theory, where the ET's use light via the Sun's scattered throughout the Universe to travel between various star systems. All of the sun's are connected, hence the paths. There is a ton of information on this related to the dimension of light.

Light is timeless and can be programmed to virtually any perception of time and/or space, through higher consciousness expansion and more evolved technology. Higher awareness is clarity and presence, knowing. This is the truth, the reality on a less conditional layer of reality. We simply have yet to make the leap in planetary consciousness and adapt to this higher vibration, more conscious and aware evolution.

I don't want to get too into that theory on here though and distract from the album's track list (although people may want to read about relative topics supported in a book titled "The Conscious Universe" by Astrophysicist Menas Kafatos and Philosopher Robert Nadeaulight some time. I'm happy to see California Sunshine and I hope it's really great!! I'm also relieved to see Chi A.D. doing what he does best. If not for his Earth Crossing album, if not putting out there his love for Goa.. I feel that many people in general may have overlooked the fact that he's brought wonderful Goa into the 21st century, and this makes it all the more possible that he can continue to produce something special, and have it critiqued and released by a respectable label.

For the record, the track list..

01. Chi-a.d. – Sight of the Sages

02. California Sunshine – Oblivion

03. Virtuart & Chronomyst – Zanchin

04. Aerosis – Lunar Effect

05. Artifact303 – Energy Waves

06. Antares – Aurora

07. Ra – Gateway

08. Filteria – Back To Earth

This is the track i was looking forward to hear ever since i've listened to it on filteria's website.

Oddly enough though, the sample on suntrip myspace sounds different - like if the melody was on another key.

To be honest i like the "first version" more, did Jannis decided to change it or is it another part of the track?

Definitly going to buy this one anyway.

You know artists... They always want to update their stuff to their actual standard and feelings, the same has been done in this track, but the big melodies etc are still there, and still the same, don't worry :) It's an up to date remix! :)

@ Jon Coco: woow, you see alot in the painting, cool...

The idea was actually (for me) that you see some drops (the white dots) fallen on a glass plate while the sun is still shining (the red colour), the lines in between give an accurate feeling to the second title: "light in motion" :)

But well, like usual with art, it's free for everyone's opinion! :) I will print yours and give it to my mum, héhé :)

A new suntrip compilation :D

Do u have any plans on a "intense goa" compilation in the future? Now the last two have been very morning orientated, just curious :)

The upcoming albums looks really interesting too!

Har-El and Miko, it's the only "old" track from the compilation, it's from the Nasha times...

Did u remaster the track (I guessing u did). I like the musical ideas on Nasha but the mastering/mixing is really not up to date (to say the least!), same goes for Imperia.

California Sunshine is -of course- remastered

And I agree, Ra and this one will be very "morning"

Merr0w will be more crazy madness, lots of layers and deformed melodies, not softish and blisfull at all... :) Summary: very Intense music, I promise :)

So we still try to release all forms of melodic goa trance :)

Merr0w will be more crazy madness, lots of layers and deformed melodies, not softish and blisfull at all... :) Summary: very Intense music, I promise :)

sounds very promising :) tnx on the short review about some tracks

You know artists... They always want to update their stuff to their actual standard and feelings, the same has been done in this track, but the big melodies etc are still there, and still the same, don't worry :) It's an up to date remix! :)

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated!

In fact i was so used to the version i heard on Filteria's website that i was surprised to hear the same melody sounding differently.

But listening to it more carefully, he seems to have added some other elements which are making me like this track even more.

In any case, good job at making another great compil. Thats both reassuring and exciting to see the new school goa scene so active and full of talent!

*thumps up*

Sweet! Good to see you are not gone all soft (just kidding) :P

But I will look forward to that, and the Filteria album... :ph34r:

2-minute samples are posted on our official release page !

http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases/SUNCD11/

Sorry for not posting this page earlier but I was hoping to put our new website online before that (as current pages are static and ask for a lot ofo work)...which didn't happen yet. TBC.

Whoa, that's some heavy sh*t! Sounds really good for now. I don't want to raise hopes too high, but I can't help feeling excited about this one.

Chi AD track sounds so nice. Suntrip seems to have found the formula for opening tracks after the smashing E-Mantra in the previous comp.

Looking forward to hearing California Sunshine, Aerosis, Artifact 303. Things look very promising.

My feelings are a bit more reserved about Virtuart, Ra and Antares. I hope I'll manage to "connect" to the melodies.

As for Filteria, it does have a kind of Transwave feeling, sort of Ulysse's Voyage feeling...

Good luck for this release! And for Suntrip.

This compilation sounds awesome. It has more of that magical sound I've noticed based on the samples, something generally less present in new school Goa I've noted which I miss.

The tracklist is excellent, and the samples. But what's the status of Filteria's downtempo version and/or song that was on Suntrips myspace page a week ago (by the same name)? It sounded WONDERFUL.

Filteria/Suntrip should consider ending the third Filteria and/or KOB debut on that downtempo song if it's not on Sundrops. It is magical sounding. Nonetheless, the uptempo of Back to Earth sounds strong. I just liked the other one more based on what I've heard so far. It is a wonderful Sunrise chill track.

Idea for Suntrip: To consider the idea of an entire Goa/downtempo album like Peace Therapy 2, but stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, the cd arrived today at our place, next week it will be widely available on all shops... but if you already want to order it, you can do that via our own shop:

http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases.php

or mail at order@suntriprecords.com

Samples and more info of course here:

http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases/SUNCD11/

And thanks for the support everyone :D

Hello!

We are happy to say the cd is now officially released, and because of that available in all big and famous goa shops :) Please support the music you like! :) Anyway, for sale on:

http://www.saikosounds.com/japanese/displa...ase.asp?id=7592

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd011.html

http://www.goastore.ch/product_info.php?products_id=2690

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=4562

http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases.php

http://www.tower.com/sundrops-various-arti.../wapi/112924751

http://techno.to/detail/coming.php?cat_no=...D11&lang=eg

http://www.teknasia.com/recherche.php?rech...htype=catalogue

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

Soon we will also have Flacs, mp3s and WAV files for download from all our releases on our site, we hope to have the new site with a new shop within a few weeks :) So keep checking www.suntriprecords.com once in a while :D

Joske & Fabien

Cool. My order has been placed. I'm looking forward to this. :)