Christian goa trance?

sunwolf

Here's the low down: I'm doing a mix for my a party at my church to introduce people to Goa Trance. The problem is they won't like all these references to Buddhas, drugs, etc. So I'm looking for tracks with good Christian samples.

So far I have:

Astral Projection - Let There Be Light ("in the beginning God created...") (good opener!)

M.A.N. - The Seeker ("God seeks the seeker and the seeker seeks God")

Yea that's all I can think of right now, which is why I'm asking yall for help.

PS - Don't bother suggesting Mystica - Ashes To Ashes, that isn't a real Bible verse it's from Pulp Fiction. <_<

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... really? Are you sure that's not heresy? Did yo check in the big book?

isn't that thou-not-shalt-dou #9?

I really don't mean to be a negative nancy here, but you know... i'm just not sure everything mixes in life.

There is no problem introducing people to music you know, but it is kind of like telling a joke; you know what joke you recite to your mom and which ones you save for your mates.

The way i see it is, you are young... it's 197-something... you are in high school. You like this one girl, but she attends "young Life" and is most definitely straight edge. You on the other hand are young, in love, impressionable by peer pressure, so you attend one meeting (that's how it starts, just come to one meeting, first one is free!) and all of a sudden, 6 years have passed and you are in church, it's 8:30 in the morning on a sunday and waaammm.. there you are, screaming in tongues, communicating with 'god'. *sigh* got side-tracked, where was I? Yes, you attend the first meeting wanting to impress everyone and you just casually happen to have Led Zeppelin - Presence in your car, so pull it out and lug back to the living room, coaxing everyone into listening just one song (For Your Life, off course). BAM! you expand their minds for five minutes, they love you, you are their new god... they want to be fried too. That is, until their parents hear it as well, and... let's just say they still crucify people on the 21st century.

moral of the story? Christian rock is an aberration. Let's not give Yellow Sunshine Explosion anymore bright ideas.

Are you sure your friends at the church can handle Goa Trance?

I mean, they can't even handle the earth being over 6000 years old.

:lol:

well goa province is partly christian btw

and the psychedelic culture is based not only on lsd, hinduism, buddhism. new age and et.c it's also based on christianity

not trying to be an ass hole but:

wouldn't it be fooling them, to let ur friends at church think that goa trance is some kind of Christian trance music?

for all I know it not religious at all... only trying to be spiritual towards trance induced experiences?! I personally thinks it's mixing up things to try to put relegion into it...

Sorry, I know this does not help u find any tracks, just had to say it!

Anything from psykovsky should do it.

Malevol3nt,

Thanks I'll try listening to this. ;)

Sarcasm detector. In your brain. Hit the "ON" switch.

I guess odds of your crew members at the next christian convention liking goa trance are lower than those of Jesus' corpse detaching itself from the cross it is dangling from.

Infernal Angel has a track with church-singing in it...

Also Ra's first album, number 2 or 3 has gregorian chants

Astral Projections - Amen is a good example as well

I also think it's better to play sample-less tracks instead of tracks with 3 seconds of a christian sample in it...

I really don't mean to be a negative nancy here, but you know... i'm just not sure everything mixes in life.

Thanks for the cool post. In the end though... well... these people aren't gonna go pirate music or probably even buy it. They all understand the dangers out there in music these days all about sex and drugs and false religions. But that doesn't mean they can't enjoy the style of music, even if only a small portion of the tracks are suitable to be played in a church.

Well I'm not certain but we will find out. It's all young generation of course they listen to Christian rock and stuff already.... :D Not like a transition from hymns. ;)

well goa province is partly christian btw

and the psychedelic culture is based not only on lsd, hinduism, buddhism. new age and et.c it's also based on christianity

Thanks for this information I did not know this but it makes sense!

Sarcasm detector. In your brain. Hit the "ON" switch.

Haha thanks then... I've never listened to that artist before, but I won't bother hunting down a copy now I guess. :rolleyes:

I also think it's better to play sample-less tracks instead of tracks with 3 seconds of a christian sample in it...

Thx for the suggestions & no I am not against you at all. But anyways it is part of the rules that there should be adequate samples or vocals that have something to do with the religion if I can play the music, as it isn't just a party, but for the purpose to worship God. ;)

it is part of the rules that there should be adequate samples or vocals that have something to do with the religion if I can play the music, as it isn't just a party, but for the purpose to worship God. ;)

yes, I see, what kind of church is it? I'm a Christian religion and "history (of the religion)" teacher myself in highschool...

"God's Eye on Goa" has clearly a religious content, but I don't think there is any sample in it... As far as I remember

Space Tribe-God´s Chosen People from Religious Experience could help you mabey.... ;) it has very beautifull melody full of positive and has sample of preacher clearly calling a name of Jesus Christ....mabey the message isnt clearly for chistianity but the audience wouldnt know that,they will hear just the name.....

cover is prety christian too especially for catholicz :drama:

Yes.... :lol: but if he chose 100% catholicz tracks he´ll have a 15 min.set mabey....I think that God`s Chosen people will be perfect choice after Let There Be Light because both of them have nice 1 min without main melody at the and and begining for perfect mix and God´chosen people has alone women vocal at the and of 24 bars saying....."(something)...Jesus to the nature" and start kickin very hard.....very nice track...after that mabey MFG-Experience....also nice mix could be with this two and its very positive track....

I mean, they can't even handle the earth being over 6000 years old.

Right - everyone knows that psytrance and wacky belief systems don't mix.

yes, I see, what kind of church is it? I'm a Christian religion and "history (of the religion)" teacher myself in highschool...

Cool. Are you Christian too then or just teach it? Personally this is a Baptist church though most churches are getting pretty modern these days. :)

"God's Eye on Goa" has clearly a religious content, but I don't think there is any sample in it... As far as I remember

There is pretty lame vocals in it actually. :(

Try Juno Reactor - Transmissions

and X-Ray - Requim

Hmm I have this album (Juno Reactor) and didn't hear any choirs. :unsure: I will check out X-Ray though thanks.

Space Tribe-God´s Chosen People from Religious Experience could help you mabey.... ;) it has very beautifull melody full of positive and has sample of preacher clearly calling a name of Jesus Christ....mabey the message isnt clearly for chistianity but the audience wouldnt know that,they will hear just the name.....

Thanks for suggestion I will look into this.

Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams

The song "God Is God" contains samples of Charlton Heston from The Ten Commandments

Ha ha ha... it looks like a cult video to me the one on YouTube at least but maybe the song would pass I'll try it, cool song too. ;)

Cool. Are you Christian too then or just teach it? Personally this is a Baptist church though most churches are getting pretty modern these days. :)

Anoebis is a Teacher not a preacher, :lol:

I Don't think he teaches religion. I really hope hes that kind of awesome kind of teachers who just looks awesome and giefs no homework and tries to indoctrinate all kids into being goa trance slaves.

:rolleyes:

But personally, good luck! :D