Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

On 6/25/2021 at 11:09 PM, KER said:

All of the sudden, Psynews is full of annoying and overtaking commerial billboard dropdowns. What gives? Please stop them. 

WTF? Bad adsense parameter. I killed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Much better thanks! :) btw this new rank system which was introduced or enabled with the latest update seems too be a bit wonky.

It doesn’t seem to properly reflect the post count and time as a forum member. The rank and badges/trophy system doesn’t seem to have registered all relevant parameters.

And besides did the custom member title disappear/get replaced by this new system?

• Confused 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, psytones said:

These pop-up etc. ads are totally annoying and will become a psynews killer . org

@RTPand the owner and mod people. This can not continue.

To each and everybody who saw these ads: PLEASE USE BRAVE BROWSER ... I am using it and I saw no ad, zero, zilch ... and I had not any adblockers to configure...

...if you would not have called it out, I would NEVER have noticed...

...you better use Brave anyways because for Web 4.0 you will need crypto integration, which Brave has built in (Ethereum B) )...

...and if you really fancy ads (who does :rolleyes: ), you can do that in Brave but you get paid for it in BAT tokens which you can donate us seamlessly with the button at the top, in the address bar ... or go over to Ektoplazm - Basilisk accepts them aswell :)

...anyway...

By the way, these badges are terrifying, I don't like them...

I do find a badge system cool, but only for the "peculiar" stuff that happens here, you know

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, psytones said:

Brave, ok .. Crypto.. mkay.. Badges, don't give a rats ass ^,^ tho i can agree with what RTP wrote.

10 hour dancing, that’s a lot of molly. :o Imagine if we got crypto currency instead of digital bling badges. 

8C8A2212-6627-44E6-9E40-F83ADE9BAA13.jpeg

this new rank system seem to have destroyed the previous completely while not offering anything interesting as an alternative. possible to go back?

not that it matters in the slightest, i just miss the older system while the new system just raises eyebrows like mr Sphinx pointed out. 

20 hours ago, RTP said:

By the way, these badges are terrifying, I don't like them...

Yeah, ranks on a forum are fucking stupid and just create a useless hierarchy (the only "useful" being an indicator who the mods/admins are).
I like it how they've done it on the REAPER forums. They have the admins of course, everyone else is "human being with feelings" :D

Ranks are ditched :P

But unfortunately our custom titles have been removed too ... so I can't be bad 2 the bone anymore :(

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

The CleanCut forum theme should be removed. It's buggy and could potentially be exploited. For example it over-rides the privacy setting regarding online visibility. And it has some other formatting errors as well, which could be indicative of underlying code issues.

It could be that it’s just a localized view I get, and the privacy setting/invisible is only bypassed visually for myself when logged in. But still it looks buggy with some other stuff as well such as this, notice that website url on my profile and the other fields are nulled and instead display ”array” text. As well as displaying the ranks that were disabled. :) 

E0CD73D7-C1FB-4442-9379-C927BBB9D6E4.thumb.jpeg.143ac7ab5574aab0a4d049aa31140352.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to make one thing clear: All the updates to ranks, achievements and whatever come with the updates and are automatically "on." It takes manual labour to turn them off or customize them.

Also the problem with the new "rank" syste is that it's based on "points" and I have no idea what these points are.

Anyone remember the original ranks?

On 9/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, AstralSphinx said:

The CleanCut forum theme should be removed. It's buggy and could potentially be exploited. For example it over-rides the privacy setting regarding online visibility. And it has some other formatting errors as well, which could be indicative of underlying code issues.

It could be that it’s just a localized view I get, and the privacy setting/invisible is only bypassed visually for myself when logged in. But still it looks buggy with some other stuff as well such as this, notice that website url on my profile and the other fields are nulled and instead display ”array” text. As well as displaying the ranks that were disabled. :) 

E0CD73D7-C1FB-4442-9379-C927BBB9D6E4.thumb.jpeg.143ac7ab5574aab0a4d049aa31140352.jpeg

I've taken care of this.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Magus Knight said:

so I was right last time in the thread yet you had a meltdown that you deleted lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Celaripo said:

so I was right last time in the thread yet you had a meltdown that you deleted lol

Problem solved then, everybody happy. ;) 

• Sad 1