I've just discovered the real New School Goa

Ormion

IMAGINARY SIGHT

And when I mean New School Goa, I mean the evolution of the old Goa sound. These guys took everything that made Goa great (melodies, trippy synths, complexity) and evolved it!

You don't believe me? Check their track UM here. Although you have to listen the whole track to fully understand the Goa feeling. The end of the track is extremelly Goa-ish!

P.S. Little Worlds compilation is amazing! Check out Rastaliens too. Goa-ish too.

IMAGINARY SIGHT

And when I mean New School Goa, I mean the evolution of the old Goa sound. These guys took everything that made Goa great (melodies, trippy synths, complexity) and evolved it!

You don't believe me? Check their track UM here. Although you have to listen the whole track to fully understand the Goa feeling. The end of the track is extremelly Goa-ish!

P.S. Little Worlds compilation is amazing! Check out Rastaliens too. Goa-ish too.

I have loved Rastaliens, and Ralphs spinoff, Braincell, for long time now... so pleased they`re getting the recognition they both deserve now:)

I Agree Ormion, that that group takes goa trance totally to another level... Altough I would never call it new school but rather melodic forest trance, héhé... :)

Anyway, their track on the Psylight Xplosion cd was the best darkish track I heard in years, I'm playing this SO often, aargh, it's great :)

I will have to give Well Of Enchanted Sounds another try as while I thought it was okay it wasn't anything special.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The only track that I really liked on that comp. was Trold's Eye of the World. I do like Imaginary Sight & Atriohm - Imaginary Ohm on Neverending Story 2 comp. though :)

The first part of that UM track sounds alot like a copycat of some track from the Alien Project & Astrix - Midnight Sun album.. I don't see any resemblance with the goa genre, new or old likewise. It's psy with maybe just maybe a pinch of goa in it.., other than that it's a pretty ok-ish track.

After listening more I must agree that this is awesome. It's just perfectly placed sounds, and all. The feel of it is just that these guys are not playing around. Just my cup of tea, great stuff.

I will have to give Well Of Enchanted Sounds another try as while I thought it was okay it wasn't anything special.

The second track boom after boom is alone worth purchasing the cd. i played this track in the basement where i park my car.. the wall was throwing back the bass so well. i danced like a jack ass for the entire duration of the track.

macedonian producers are making some kik arse music. ..

long live glowing flame records :D

The first part of that UM track sounds alot like a copycat of some track from the Alien Project & Astrix - Midnight Sun album.. I don't see any resemblance with the goa genre, new or old likewise. It's psy with maybe just maybe a pinch of goa in it.., other than that it's a pretty ok-ish track.

The second half of the track is pure Goa-ish IMO.

I think two other Glowing Flame artists Yudhisthira and Trold fits this description equally well! (and yes maybe it could be called melodic forest trance as well :P)

the bass-line in Yudhisthira - Matter Is A Myth is just :rolleyes:

it's good IMAGINARY SIGHT, thanx for the tip ;)

just like jos says I also would not define it as new skool but it has some major interesting influences...

my experience is a high level psychedelic content...

good work....

• 4 weeks later...

I've been getting all the tracks of Imaginary Sight now that I've been able to found. I am STRONGLY considering buying these compilations just for the sake of these tracks, also on most of them there are some really nice tracks from Trold aswell. I'm totally hooked on them, every track is great and oozes originality. I found Jesus! And if they ever are to release a full length album...!!!!

nice but nothing special IMO (judging by the sample from Saiko Sounds). Nothing made me want to jump out of my chair and dance, no climax, no killer melodies, no mind-twisting 303-sounds... if this is the new sound of goatrance then I prefer dark trance :P

• 9 months later...

nice but nothing special IMO (judging by the sample from Saiko Sounds). Nothing made me want to jump out of my chair and dance, no climax, no killer melodies, no mind-twisting 303-sounds... if this is the new sound of goatrance then I prefer dark trance :P

Don't judge by the sample :)

Ugh, we need more psytrance like this!