Asura - Life²

abasio

Amazing piece of work...

I wont go into details but it's truly a great pleasure to listen to such quality.

Now a little personal word for the artist.

Bravo!

Ca fait plaisir d'entendre de la musique d'une telle qualite.

J'adore!

Juste une question mdr...

tu touches combien pr mettre le logo Rhones Alpes sous la tracklist lol ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing piece of work...

I wont go into details but it's truly a great pleasure to listen to such quality.

Now a little personal word for the artist.

Bravo!

Ca fait plaisir d'entendre de la musique d'une telle qualite.

J'adore!

Juste une question mdr...

tu touches combien pr mettre le logo Rhones Alpes sous la tracklist lol ;)

Thank you Riton for your kind words.

Héhé, concernant le logo Rhones Alpes, bonne question, à poser à Ultimae. Moi je me contente de faire la musique! :drama:

• 1 month later...

While having this Album for quite some time now, i didn't really get into it....

until one or two weeks ago, when i gave it another listen on my headphones....

This is probably the best ultimae release (that i know) until now. Especially those phat and slow beats are something that i really adrore. Thats Trance on another level, which, at least for me, is more entrancing than most fast psytrance....i can't understand how one could not like that ;)

there aren't any bad moments on the Album, and some of the Tracks are amongst the best downbeat music i've heard for quite some time...

FAVS: 1!!!!!,3!!!,4,5, 7,8,9!!!,10!!

Asura took me away and left into the dreamland with this album...listening gives very good relaxation while sleeping..for this album,my best is 2.

9/10

+1

thats why it took me some time to listen to the whole album. i was just falling asleep (in the good sense) by track 3 or 4 :lol:

i think this album is really good. you can listen many times and not get bored.. the atmospheres are unique and you get dragged deeper into the tracks and the feelings they re-create.

bravo ;)

have to say i envy those who have not heard the previous albums. lots of new music for you to enjoy :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes the production is awesome, production clear and strong, however after the second third of the album, I felt bored untill the end

Its good yes(for the2/3), but asura's is really repetitive.

I feel its another release okay for Ultimea, too trance for me, again, never really impreced by them, its always really good, but never mind-blowing, Solar Field not included!

Yes! .... good!

not even a bit excellent!

Yes! .... good!

not even a bit excellent!

Maybe not to you. :D

I'm very happy with this album. Regardless of the words attached to it, many people seem to have positive things to say. And I'm very happy with the direction they took with this third album. I like this more than Younger Brother 2 (whatever its called).

I just began listening to it again yesterday after a several month hiatus from most electronic music and I find it just as strong as I did previously.

If I were to say one thing not really positive, it would be that the the second half of the album is not as magical as the first half. But there is greatness in the second half yet. I love the first 4 tracks straight.. to me that is a perfectly sounding album. Not a single nit pick, nothing I don't like. The Prophecy is very nice sounding too and has great elements; I simply care less for the male voice/humming and find it distracting, a bit unnecessary from the whole. I realize this is a part of Asura's style (at times) and don't dismiss it. I simply am not a fan of it since musically I find Asura's tracks so arresting.

Life² is one of the best down-tempo / mid-tempo, Space / Ambient Trance albums out there IMO. The opening three tracks give us three very distinct sub-genre(s), fusions from whatever the wonderful cinematic/score influenced feel of the first one is, to Mid-Tempo Trance, and Ambient respectively. And then it starts up all over again to some degree, minus the moody, unique opening that really grabbed my attention in a positive way. I love it, but glad that the entire album is not like the opening.

It would be awesome if Asura took their time when they're ready (unless they already begun) to make the next one even more powerful and infectious.

I just began listening to it again yesterday after a several month hiatus from most electronic music

Who cares about Asura, I just hope this hiatus was involuntary, such as being trapped in a cave or smacked in the head by a guy with a blunt object, because I need someone to tell me what goa I should listen to.

Who cares about Asura, I just hope this hiatus was involuntary, such as being trapped in a cave or smacked in the head by a guy with a blunt object, because I need someone to tell me what goa I should listen to.

:)

It would be awesome if Asura took their time when they're ready (unless they already begun)

Hmm, I 'll be alone for the next album, as I was for Life² (unless for Golgotha, a track i did @ 90% and the Prophecy, a track Maze did at 90%), but it's cool to read you definitely think I was several.... :)

This is really good. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to buy a copy for ages, but now that I have I'm very glad I did. If you haven't got a copy already, get one while you still can (do Ultimae ever reprint stuff?).

• 5 months later...

This is really good. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to buy a copy for ages, but now that I have I'm very glad I did. If you haven't got a copy already, get one while you still can (do Ultimae ever reprint stuff?).

Hehe, thank you :) Life² has been reprinted in december 2008 so it's available now after several monthes of unavailability. The new album will be out in 2009, so stay tuned...

• 5 years later...

XHzwSH4.gif

I absolutely adore this album. It's never too fast or too slow. Just when you might be drifting too far away, he brings you back with 4/4 beats. Repeat. Being partially mixed helps it be ultra cohesive and makes for a dreamy and vivid journey. There are moments where I was working while listening and became hopelessly lost. Ever walk into a room and immediately wonder what the hell you were doing there?

Lush and magical. Great job.

Mdk

• 4 months later...

I LOVE this album.

It's lush and magical, dreamy and atmospheric, beautiful and enchanting, absorbing and deep.

Life² is favorite by Asura to date, though sometimes I go back-and-forth between Lost Eden and this one as to which one I favor most.

Lost Eden is my girlfriend's favorite by Asura to date. I think that Lost Eden has more variety as a whole, though the first 4 tracks on this album (and several in the second half) are wondrous. Both albums are excellent. Asura's never released an album that isn't solid.

Stream the full album here:

• 1 year later...