When you Dream!

abasio

My first experience of this was many years ago

I was sleeping whilst listening to some chillout CDs on a CD changer.

I remember having the most vivid psychedelic dreams, especially as I was close to waking. My mind took me to dimensions never before travelled. As I woke up my mind exploded into a thousand pieces then jigsawed itself back together. The track at that time was The Infinity Project - The Answer

Since then I have had the experience numerous times

most recently with

Ishq

Deviant Species

Carbon Based Lifeforms

&

Blue Planet Corporation

they find their way into the slepp dimension & work their magic

what does it for you?

if i sleep listening to Slayer....i wake up in a really agressive mood...

if mi sleep listening reggae specially alpha blondy i always have some nice dreams

So which one do you like?

reggae dreams after a beer and a small amount of weed if i get too stoned i cant sleep

Really? Getting really stoned always made sleep come whenever I wanted

It was amazing, I could stay awake for another 8 hours or go to sleep right now :)

Chi-ad - Anno Domini and specially pathfinder...

I was totally out of this world while hearing that track after 2 days of not sleeping... I fell on my bed, fell in some kind of sleep/dreamscape immediately during that track with being awake somehow, very cool experience :)

I know this feeling! It's a very special experience...I remember how I was listening to some

unreleased Crop Cirles material while resting on my bed. I was not really intending to sleep,

but somehow my consciousness managed to fade away, the music was still playing...

Even now I clearly feel the music dripping into my mind, making amazing spirals that pushed my

imagination to unknown levels...sometimes I opened my eyes and remembered where I was,

but I would drift away again very soon...into the void!

MORTIIS - Født Til Å Herske

I always remember having slept well and having dreamt something nice when I listen to this music :)

(no psy or psy-ambient here, I can't sleep on that... :P )

Mmm nice topic abasio :)

Me and My friend Lars had a tradition after our smoke-downs, back in the days when I lived with my parents, we always listened to Jean Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields or Michael Stearns - Planetary Unfolding when we when to sleep. I just remember having very weird and trippy dreams always flying around in a very lucid state with geometrical shapes shifting around me and weird stories beeing told to me visually....

I think I need to that again soon.... very nice!

Have done it with Solar Fields - Extended & Adham Shaikh - Journey To The Sun recently but I just passed out after 5 min and didnt remember a thing.... maybe not enough THC and too much alcohol...

Have done it with Solar Fields - Extended & Adham Shaikh - Journey To The Sun recently but I just passed out after 5 min and didnt remember a thing.... maybe not enough THC and too much alcohol...

I fell asleep far too quickly to this one too. Too soft!

The easiest music for me to fall asleep to, is some good Trance Progressive, focused more on the ambient trance side of the music.

Usually extreme metal doesn't do sleep for me, mostly I work out or just listen and grunt/airguitar/airdrum to it :P

One time, I dreamed that I had 4 TB-303's and did a live act with them.

Yes, waking up hardly sucked more then that day.

I had pleasant dreams this morning after falling asleep while listening to Kuba - Inside Out.

I dreamt about being on the beach it was a shock to wake up to a hangover & winter

I remember a beautiful experience with Brian Eno - On Land....I gradually fell asleep to this great album... but at the end the tones of the final track woke me up a bit... in this half-asleep state everything was perfect. It's like it was meant to listen to that way. I was completely one with the music and absorbed in the hazy, desolate yet beautiful atmosphere. That way it became a favorite track.

All my most beautiful and memorable experiences with ambient/new age/space/chill/whatever music happened in bed with headphones. The ultimate way to listen to this music. People who never listen to ambient this way, will never fully understand the music.

All my most beautiful and memorable experiences with ambient/new age/space/chill/whatever music happened in bed with headphones. The ultimate way to listen to this music. People who never listen to ambient this way, will never fully understand the music.

So true mate! Its how I learned it too when I was a young kid. My parents had a meditation room and there I could lay one the floor and listen to ambient in a daze while also being amongst the stars in my imaginary spaceship! Pure blissfull memories!

My girlfriend would have a tale to tell about this... I always leave music on when I sleep (it blocks out the street noise), so one morning Bluetech - Leaving Winter Behind was playing through... and she had a vivid waking dream she describes to all kinds of people... I would do it no justice here :) but this is a beautiful track.

Some staples of my "sleepy list" include Bluetech, Shulman, Galaxy, TIP, Ooze, Ishvara (ISHQ isn't it?), H.U.V.A. Networks, and Doof.

So true mate! Its how I learned it too when I was a young kid. My parents had a meditation room and there I could lay one the floor and listen to ambient in a daze while also being amongst the stars in my imaginary spaceship! Pure blissfull memories!

That sounds so cool!

Ambient definately needs headphones or you can miss so much of it ;)

I was lissenin to jikkenteki (the upbeat cd) while sleeping. I imagined a wide open green field with dwarfs giants kinda like the lord of the rings without the violence. And it was so peaceful. the last track i was dancing with them. :)

I was lissenin to jikkenteki (the upbeat cd) while sleeping. I imagined a wide open green field with dwarfs giants kinda like the lord of the rings without the violence. And it was so peaceful. the last track i was dancing with them. :)

:lol: :lol:

Awesome dream!

Just one question. What colour were the dwarfs?

:lol: :lol:

Awesome dream!

Just one question. What colour were the dwarfs?

The dwarfs were a mixture of red and orange if i remeber correctly and the giants were black and white... the entire scenery was magnificent. :lol:

My first experience of this was many years ago

I was sleeping whilst listening to some chillout CDs on a CD changer.

I remember having the most vivid psychedelic dreams, especially as I was close to waking. My mind took me to dimensions never before travelled. As I woke up my mind exploded into a thousand pieces then jigsawed itself back together. The track at that time was The Infinity Project - The Answer

Since then I have had the experience numerous times

most recently with

Ishq

Deviant Species

Carbon Based Lifeforms

&

Blue Planet Corporation

they find their way into the slepp dimension & work their magic

what does it for you?

Sadly, i can't sleep if i hear something. Meaning it has to be quiet for me to be able to fall asleep.