What the hell was that?

abasio

I'm listening to Xtra Unit - Mutant Rebellion & it's a hard dark psychedelic track but somewhere near the end they bring it almost a backstreet boys sample. It was :huh::blink::o<_< all in one. It was only there for a second but was very noticable. I can't make my mind up if it was great or really really bad?

Anyone else heard this track?

I'm listening to Xtra Unit - Mutant Rebellion & it's a hard dark psychedelic track but somewhere near the end they bring it almost a backstreet boys sample. It was  :huh:  :blink:  :o  <_< all in one. It was only there for a second but was very noticable. I can't make my mind up if it was great or really really bad?

644097[/snapback]

I know the feeling, Neelix did the same on a track called: Getting Better.... Jefferson Airplane, Dont you need somebody to love... and what about fREQ with the rocksteady crew?! :D

Its a trend it seems to have old tracks in your tracks, almost as good as when people started to sample or use mozart in their gangstah rap! :)

I'm listening to Xtra Unit - Mutant Rebellion & it's a hard dark psychedelic track but somewhere near the end they bring it almost a backstreet boys sample. It was  :huh:  :blink:  :o  <_< all in one. It was only there for a second but was very noticable. I can't make my mind up if it was great or really really bad?

644097[/snapback]

yaaaahhh...I've played this in a set of mine before....purely to see what people's reactions would be. Unfortunately, it was the last track I played and I was pretty drunk by that time, so I don't really remember exactly what that reaction was... :rolleyes: Xtra Unit is a side project of Phatmatix and someone else I can't remember... I asked him about the sample once "so, you like the backstreet boys, eh?"....he claims he didn't know that song at the time the track was made...the other part of the sample is people talking taken from some movie i guess... :huh:

yaaaahhh...I've played this in a set of mine before....purely to see what people's reactions would be. Unfortunately, it was the last track I played and I was pretty drunk by that time, so I don't really remember exactly what that reaction was...  :rolleyes:

644113[/snapback]

I would have liked to have seen the reaction of the crowd in that second :lol:

644097[/snapback]

Haha I just listened to the track.... not sure I like it, sound a bit funny, but all so a bit like it just thrown in by random, like a glich :unsure: but it defintly surprising event in the track!

I had the same :blink::huh::o feeling when I first heard Neuron Compost - Tockz Eek on Liquid Quit which is remake of britney spears.... :unsure:

Texas Faggott - Back To Mad has some Backstreet Boys action too...  B)

644183[/snapback]

yeah. "everyboody

groove too the muuusiiic

everybooody

DAANCE

aaaaaaaaah"

644374[/snapback]

I though that was east17 when I heard that... well they sound the same anyways... :lol:

Xtra Unit is Phatmatix and Triskell

This was my favorite track at one point, though the backstreet sample always gets to me, and its right before the song really starts to rip, with the metallic "tunnel thru space" sound right after that break. It sounds like a clip from a movie, where one character is messing with the radio in a car, "I dont like uncomfortable silences..." Its hard to listen to that track, whenever I play it I have to cut the mids or mess with the wah FX on the cdj at that point. Its almost embarassing to hear that crap in a trance song.

I know the feeling, Neelix did the same on a track called: Getting Better.... Jefferson Airplane, Dont you need somebody to love... and what about fREQ with the rocksteady crew?! :D

Its a trend it seems to have old tracks in your tracks, almost as good as when people started to sample or use mozart in their gangstah rap! :)

644108[/snapback]

Among psytrance tracks it was first done by Fuzzion on Brown Eyed Girl:

http://www.discogs.com/release/121376