Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penny was allegedly a banned former member posting under a new nick. It appears that in addition to deleting her profile the mods saw fit to delete all evidence of her existence.

Like in 300 :)

For some reason I felt annoyed by the sympathy posts for Reger and his dad.

Not that I'm not sympathetic to his loss.. And obviously Reger is a very active member on this forum with his 18k+ posts which makes him part of the "gang" and of course there is nothing wrong with showing sympathy for a friend..

But I don't know.. Even though it is obvious that you can't show sympathy about something you don't know about, and that of course noone can be expected to be sympathetic to anyone or everyone that has no relation or relevance to them personally, still I somehow feel that it is this kind of sympathy is very shallow since it's only when someone actually says "my dad is dead" or "his dad is dead" or whatever that people are suddenly all "oh wow i'm so sorry" about it. Otherwise everyone just assumes that everything is honky dory.

And, like, if someone is bitter or depressed or cynical or whatever but people don't know the reason for why the person is like that, then it's like they kinda blame the person.. Like he/she's a bad person for being a downer or whatever.. But as soon as there is a reason for it, like the death of a father or whatever, then it's suddenly turned around and people only show sympathy and understanding.

I'm just rambling here, and I know I'm being completely irrational since of course noone can possibly show sympathy for something that they don't even know about.. Etc.

Maybe I'm just bitter about the fact that I don't feel like I've ever gotten any real sympathy or expressed support about the fact that my dad died a couple of years ago.. Which may of course be due to the fact that I hardly ever tell anyone about it (why should I bring it up?)..

I'm not fishing for sympathy here. Or maybe I am unconsciously, I dunno...

Actually when I think about it, I believe I have been thinking since it happened that I don't want any sympathy from people around me.. Like, I don't want to be pitied or seen as a victim or something I guess... But I suppose those thoughts may have been misguided.

Irrational and way off topic and I'm sorry about that, I just wanted to say how I felt about this....

Nah, i don't care for reger much, just as he don't care for me... But you can still give him some respect dude, whats your fucking problem??? Sometimes it's just nice to know that people are feeling with you, and showing sympathy when you're sad!! Nothing more to it!! And maybe some of the people here ARE good friends with him, since they know about the problem eventhough Reger didn't wrote anything about it!! So if you feel annoyed, just don't write anything.. Show some respect man

reger is a member of this forum... enough said right?! (yeah I know that maybe reger and myself are not the best friends on this forum, but we have been talking quite a lot on msn even when I banned him... so...) anyways, i feel you are an attention seeker :D

When I read your replies I get the feeling that you didn't even read my whole post..

Of course I have respect and sympathy for Reger, I know exactly what he's going through.. However, that's beside my point..

But as my edit above says: Nevermind. This is obvisously not the place for this kind of conversation anyway.

Just forget it.

I understand what you're saying tamlin. But that happens alot. Many times people get attention (even if they didn't ask for it) and become the center of attention while someone else who's got a similar problem don't even get a stare. What can we do? This is how things happen.

And not only for bad things. Sometimes someone does, say, a super assist. But everybody's attention is focused on the scorer, even if he only had to move his feet one cm and the assister did the whole job and noone cares about him. That's life.

And there is some kind of hypocrisy when being sorry for the loss of someone we didn't even know. But if you know the person who lost someone then you can to identify yourself to the pain, thus saying you're sorry.

Ah, all we can do is being alone, or be thankful to the few who showed respect/attention.

Tamlin, I am sorry to hear about your loss as well. Reger's father had been sick for a while and some of us knew because the 'gang' has a connection, and some people does like you said (you have many good and true words that I could quote you on, really), they don't want to be seen as a vistim, and they restrain from telling people. Some times a empty forum, a static forum can be a good place to do what you wouldn't do in real life. Its a place to take the dumops you usally dont take. I feel for you all to the level I can. 2 years since.. My sister died of a overdose 2 years ago. I never tell people that, it seems aquard, and why should I?

:)

[Edit: Nevermind]

Well, let me put it in order for you:

I made a thread months ago when my father was diagnosed with cancer and i asked people for help, for i read alot on internet about conventional treatments and realized that they wont make things better, but for worse [and it did.], so i read for hours over internet information how to help him, when theres someone from your close people in need for help, you should use any way to gather information that might help the one you love. So i did, i started that thread where asked for peoples help. You havent even checked my profile i assume, otherwise you would have found that thread, so dont say that "it came all of a sudden and that dude said his father is dead and everyone went like "OMG WTF RIP SORRY MAN PLUR SHANTI ETC"" when you clearly have no clue what its all about. Dont. Ive never seeked an attention or for someones else condolences to me or my family, i never will, i am not selfish.

You dont know me, i dont know you, but id like to dare to say - you have lots to learn in life if you still think that people are pitty for you and what not considering your loss, it is wrong way to perceive things, i dare to say. Its only HUMANE to receive condolences from people around you, its not normal to run away from them and stay shut, nobody tells you to yell your pain out in the middle of some gathering of people you know so everybody runs to you and is sorry for you etc, drama like that is not happening irl, usually, unless you make one yourself and ask for it, false condolences and artificial sympathies is another topic, there happen to be such people, but why should you care about them. Im sorry that youve lost your father, i dont know what kind of relationships you two had, i dont know if youve got over it or not, i could only say that im sorry that it has happened, im not gonna go on about bla bla bla concerning topic about losing the ones we love, you know it yourself, i know it, others try to imagine or simply feel you because they have gone through tought times themselves.

I know my sentences seem awkward, i wont rewrite them.

1-it didnt come suddenly, people here know he was ill for i made a thread months ago to ask for any help and info people here could have

2-it has nothing to do with gang, your perception on that matter if faulty. Yes, i am a regular here, i registered 3 years ago and been active for 2.5+ years already, so some people have got used to me and with some weve had some good laughter and share some little common interests, nothing big, but having a good laugh and fun with strangers you dont know but wouldnt mind to meet IRL is reason enough for people to exchange with honest opinions and express their condolences with. Its the same as with positive things happening - even complete stranger you have hardly spoken to can come into your thread and cheer for you, its called i dont know, being human?

3-you can perceive condolences as people looking down at you like at some kind of poor puppy left on the street to starve, but thats your point of view, even if some people do feel this way for those they express condolences to, that doesnt make you that little puppy, or does it?

Reger,

You are completely right in all that you say.

I just want to clarify that I did not mean any of what I said as directed towards you personally. I definitely don't know anything about your situation other than your father being dead. There was just something that triggered some strong feelings in me which I felt a need to express, and I was generalizing and projecting wildly. As I said, I am well aware that those feelings were very irrational for the most part, and my frustration was probably "misplaced" or whatever the word is.. But it can be like that sometimes when it comes to very emotional and difficult subjects..

I apologize sincerely if you feel that I attacked you or belittled your grieving in any way, that was not my intention. I am very sorry for your loss.. Not that I can claim to know how you feel, and as you said we don't know eachother, but I guess we are kinda in the same boat.

Btw, my relationship to my father was somewhat complicated, and obviously I still haven't really gotten over his death (which was very sudden).

----

Psytones,

Sorry to hear about your sister........

reger is one of the smartest people in this place.

the :lol: can shock your titts off when he turns all serious.

;)

Benefit of a doubt is always something everyone should have (not about Regergh, but as a general thumb rule).

Complaints about Moderators.

Non. :o

Reger,

You are completely right in all that you say.

I just want to clarify that I did not mean any of what I said as directed towards you personally. I definitely don't know anything about your situation other than your father being dead. There was just something that triggered some strong feelings in me which I felt a need to express, and I was generalizing and projecting wildly. As I said, I am well aware that those feelings were very irrational for the most part, and my frustration was probably "misplaced" or whatever the word is.. But it can be like that sometimes when it comes to very emotional and difficult subjects..

I apologize sincerely if you feel that I attacked you or belittled your grieving in any way, that was not my intention. I am very sorry for your loss.. Not that I can claim to know how you feel, and as you said we don't know eachother, but I guess we are kinda in the same boat.

Btw, my relationship to my father was somewhat complicated, and obviously I still haven't really gotten over his death (which was very sudden).

----

Psytones,

Sorry to hear about your sister........

I see your point, i hope i didnt sound too harsh ;) My relationships werent perfect either, such is life, you learn. I didnt feel attacked or belittled, but it seemed bit emo from your point of view and strange from stranger :):P

Went it out and youll see its better, you might find "answers" to your feelings, to what you are seeking. Its a gap no one can fill, but one can explain, understand, learn.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Radi has a complaint

No man, they told me that they applied IP ban on my accaunt, they removed the accaunt ban, but the Ip ban is still active, Please tell them with a protest note from me.

apparently his IP is banned now he's back in Germany.

Can someone unban him?

Radi has a complaint

apparently his IP is banned now he's back in Germany.

Can someone unban him?

i need the ip, cant do anything without it.

Back in Germany, eh? So now we get to hear once again how all the German women are fat and how he misses the skinny (hungry) Bulgarian girls? :drama:

haha.

tell him to go to: www.whatismyip.com

I told him. Lets see if he can navigate that really difficult site.

Cheers by the way! (as he will never say it)

I told him. Lets see if he can navigate that really difficult site.

Cheers by the way! (as he will never say it)

and there is www.ipchicken.com

and also, PLEASE dont go about and post his ip here, send it to me via PM :lol: