Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

what do you mean?

It used to be the case (and still is the case in old threads) that when the forum couldn't display an image for some reason the post containing it would have the words "user posted image", which one could right-click and select "view image" so one's browser would go to the image URL. Nowadays if the forum can't display an image it gives no indication that there's supposed to be an image there, and if I suspect that there is I have to open a reply page and copy the image URL from the quoted text into the address bar if I want to see it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to be the case (and still is the case in old threads) that when the forum couldn't display an image for some reason the post containing it would have the words "user posted image", which one could right-click and select "view image" so one's browser would go to the image URL. Nowadays if the forum can't display an image it gives no indication that there's supposed to be an image there, and if I suspect that there is I have to open a reply page and copy the image URL from the quoted text into the address bar if I want to see it.

Hmm yeah you are right, it used to be like that. I will research it a bit and see what the IPB team says about that. Sorry that I do not have an instant answer though! :)

Hmm yeah you are right, it used to be like that. I will research it a bit and see what the IPB team says about that.

Cool.

Sorry that I do not have an instant answer though! :)

That's quite alright.

IPS drive errors ive got plenty of recently today

slow connection to the internet, or the server being overloaded. Nothing we can do about that. Other than telling people to surf less on psynews ;):D

Not a complaint about moderation, but a request for moderation: I wrote a review for a V/A earlier and have just noticed that the guidelines for reviews say that I should have put a slash between the V and A in the thread title. Can someone change it for me?

Guys, please please, dont put all these requests about the site in this thread. Use the PM and either PM a mod or myself/mars to get changes like this done. :) @ Rotwang, will do right now :)

Guys, please please, dont put all these requests about the site in this thread. Use the PM and either PM a mod or myself/mars to get changes like this done. :)

Sorry.

@ Rotwang, will do right now :)

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

You're being unreasonable, stop it. :<

MSG a mod with your request (Not me, I am not a mod). I wont lift a finger to merge and hassle about with your account, though. They will decide if you can have your request granted.

My being unreasonable is that this thread is being used as some "Msg the mod" feature. ;)

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't have banned him but he did post completely off topic, nonsensical posts in a lot of topics. Very few of his posts made sense. With the cessation of off topic, the forum is about to be music. Random crap was bound to have consequences. He should have no complaints -_-

I wouldn't have banned him but he did post completely off topic, nonsensical posts in a lot of topics. Very few of his posts made sense. With the cessation of off topic, the forum is about to be music. Random crap was bound to have consequences. He should have no complaints -_-

Since when do you have moderation privileges? :ph34r:

Hah, crazy converse... As a moderator, I actually didn't even know frozen dream was banned, how did that happen ? Beside his usual nonsense posts, has he insulted or bashed anyone ? I can't believe that random nonsense is punished. For me, even nonsense has some sense, and cannot be dissmissed, no matter how crazy or idiotic may sound. It MADE sense in poster's brain at the moment he was posting. For me, nonsense is not a valid ban. Can someone explain what he did, beside speaking in tongues ? Nemo ?