Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat understandable: just because the majority says something doesn't mean it's automaticaly true.

of course not, but a human being would/should at least consider the possibility.

no change though even after the 100th bulgarian roads thread.

Maybe it's the need of attention that drives them or their boring live, I don't know.

maybe its just plain psynews addiction. that is actually something which exists, doesnt it?

of course not, but a human being would/should at least consider the possibility. doesnt it?

Indeed. The whole lone wolf cliché is used repeatedly by the cranks who post crackpot theories to sci.math and sci.physics. A very relevant quote came from Carl Sagan:

They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

Incidentally, the people who laughed at Columbus were quite right to do so, since people at the time knew full well that the world was round; the disagreement was over its circumference, which Columbus got wrong.

Incidentally, the people who laughed at Columbus were quite right to do so, since people at the time knew full well that the world was round; the disagreement was over its circumference, which Columbus got wrong.

this is news to me :unsure: got any proof?

this is news to me :unsure: got any proof?

Proof? No. But the wikipedia page on Columbus gives references.

(I think that the fact that people knew the Earth was round at the time is pretty much undisputed by historians. It certainly stands to reason that they would be aware of it, since they would have had access to Greek texts about it).

interesting. opposite of what ive learned in school :huh:

I'm surprised that you of all people would be surprised that something you were told in school is untrue ;)

why is custom member title thread locked?

eh?

really, why?

I was wondering the same thing, then I thought it's probably because of

all our spamming. I betcha it's 90% my fault... I'm sorry!

:(

why is custom member title thread locked?

eh?

really, why?

I was wondering the same thing, then I thought it's probably because of

all our spamming. I betcha it's 90% my fault... I'm sorry!

:(

I'm not sure who locked it.

However, that thread had the function of an announcement. From this point of view, i can understand why it was closed.

From other point of view, what's the point of closing it now?

If more people requested it, it could be reopened i guess.

I'm not sure who locked it.

However, that thread had the function of an announcement. From this point of view, i can understand why it was closed.

From other point of view, what's the point of closing it now?

If more people requested it, it could be reopened i guess.

I think it should be re-opened. that thread is just as spammy and funny as the what are you doing thread.

I bet if you did a search you could find it. It's there somewhere, I'm sure of it. It was great. Lots of drama and intrigue, if I recall.

Loads of attention seeking...

Loads of attention seeking...

Really? :huh: I find that very hard to believe. Who in their right mind would seek attention in that thread? Why not create positive attention-seeking threads in Off-Topic where they belong, like every other decent human being?

This post has been brought to you by the word POSITIVE.

Really? :huh: I find that very hard to believe. Who in their right mind would seek attention in that thread? Why not create positive attention-seeking threads in Off-Topic where they belong, like every other decent human being?

This post has been brought to you by the word POSITIVE.

:lol: