So, I've decided to only buy *masterpieces*

Cinos

I can relate. My policy has been "strictly good cd's" for purchase or blind purchases of cds from artists that i trust blindly, eg the recent purchase of BT's recent album and the upcoming Sensient album. I am a bit more forgiving when buying local output but it has become really tough lately. I think the only local release i bought this year was Triac's Mean Between album :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Including ifo, green nuns, rainbirds etc. Once I'm getting back to Sale/Trade those all go.

618965[/snapback]

Sounds interesting.

You will make big list will ya?

Ulver - Lyckantropen Themes

618967[/snapback]

you like Ulver so much that you keep it?

You should buy one of those:

Posted Image

:)

Isn't it a good idea to only keep physical copies of the very best ones?

Funny, only bying masterpieces has always been my conception of Psytrance since day 1. But hey, when you begin with Hallucinogen, do you really have the choice ? B)

It makes sense actually, but not when it is so arrogantly put Cin.  :ph34r:

619520[/snapback]

Especially if you admit that you continue downloading music. Looks like just exactly the very lame excuse that all downloaders use: I wanna listen to a lot of music but I don't wanna spend a lot of money.

That's of course up to you, I don't want to put down your point of view with my morals, but the concept is far from new.

Looks like just exactly the very lame excuse that all downloaders use: I wanna listen to a lot of music but I don't wanna spend a lot of money.

622292[/snapback]

Yeah. I must have put in at least a grand back into PsyShop over this last year.

Yeah. I must have put in at least a grand back into PsyShop over this last year.

622299[/snapback]

Tell me... I used to spend up to 400 bucks (well, Fr. not Euro but still) for Cds and records when I wasn't as broke.

is good :)

622521[/snapback]

Not really. I blame downloading in part for the death of psy-trance. I mean why should artists bother pouring sweat and blood into their music if people are just going to steal it off the internet?

But anyway, that's another topic and I don't want to derail the thread.

Not really. I blame downloading in part for the death of psy-trance. I mean why should artists bother pouring sweat and blood into their music if people are just going to steal it off the internet?

But anyway, that's another topic and I don't want to derail the thread.

622528[/snapback]

yes it's been discussed a thousand times. piracy existed even back in the golden era[napster,audiogalaxy etc] + all the Dat/cassete/cd trading

622528[/snapback]

Yeah, maybe that is the reason why most of them started producing commerical, maisntream pop music, poor fellas, didn't have enough money at first place from all the downloading so they had to start produce NONSENSE coz they are pissed off with more and more people downloading their stuff. Come on, you really can't believe that stuff yourself....as Nick said, there was downloading all this time so I really think that it doesn't matter if people are downloading music that would affect their sell, plus when you're downloading more people get to hear more stuff, which is to me a more valid point than only few hundreds or thousand that are lucky to actually even find the album.

Psy trance hasn't died coz of downloading but because of lack of inspiration in producers drug drained brains and affinity to become popular. :ph34r:

yes it's been discussed a thousand times. piracy existed even back in the golden era[napster,audiogalaxy etc] + all the Dat/cassete/cd trading

622547[/snapback]

derailing

well... yes.... but no.

back then (i used these too, a LOT) internet speeds were ridiculous. it took me hours to get a single track. now everyone is pissed off if they d/l at only 1mbit or something ;)

now you dont only use it to discover new sounds, etc. but to establish a record collection larger than your average real life cd-shop.

(you=anyone)

/derailing

on topic... i would see why someone would want to only BUY masterpieces.

but cinos, you're talking about getting rid of so many cd's you've already bought.

and i ask: HAVE U NO COMPASSION?

(this question will self-destruct in case you need the cash)

I'm sort of on the same page with Cinos. It's sweet when you're able to pick any cd randomly from your collection and put it on because you know you're getting quality. :)

The other reason to buy only the cream de la cream is of course to save some money.

You can also put all your good stuff on one shelf and all the mediocre crap on another and then all you have to do is walk up to the first shelf and whatever you put in your cdplayer will be pure gold! ;)

623404[/snapback]

...or sell the mediocre stuff and, for example, use it for having a good time with your friends. :)

Sometimes you need the average music so you can appreciate the masterpieces all the more.

Sometimes average music groes on you with time.

623523[/snapback]

VERY good point imho.l

Sometimes you need the average music so you can appreciate the masterpieces all the more.

Sometimes average music groes on you with time.

623523[/snapback]

1) you can definitely be without average releases. the key is to have masterpieces on broad spectrum for different moods. genre-defining stuff.

2) when 'average music' grows on you and you appreciate it, it stops being average.

So don't throw it away!

623922[/snapback]

it depends a lot of the reason why a release is average for me.

If it's a record that just seems worse made than some other of the same genre, I'll never appreciate it knowing the concept has been executed better. (eg. endless amount of goa tracks < pleiadians, cosmosis, hallucinogen)

if it's average because the sound is challenging, eg. some progressive/techno for me, I'll do what you suggested. :)