Psytrance myths

traveller

Oh yeah, I have completelly forgot her.

One more: Is Ian Ion the first artist that wrote Psy Trance?

611309[/snapback]

No, Merv Pepler ( Eat Static ) and Gabriel Masurel ( Blue Planet Corp. ) and Ben Watkins ( Juno Reactor ) started around the same time in 92-93. :D

Actually there's one more old happy face that started (djing actually) Psy Trance for first time back then and his name is...

611355[/snapback]

Yeah, Goa Gil only djed, not actually wrote any music back then.

More myths:

- Psytrancers are openminded. They are openminded about drugs but that's about it. Calling various phenomenons "gay", muslims terrorists and women cunts are as common as in any other scene.

- Psytrancers use drugs that change their lifes. The change is this: pre psychedelics they drink beer after psychedelics they smoke pot and drop acid. That's it. They do however love to talk about how all life is connected, all is love and how Buddhism is the answer, all this while eating a hot dog, calling things gay, muslims terrorists and women cunts.

No, Merv Pepler ( Eat Static ) and Gabriel Masurel ( Blue Planet Corp. ) and Ben Watkins ( Juno Reactor ) started around the same time in 92-93. :D

611315[/snapback]

Yeah and you could always ask what's the first "modern" psytrack? :)

(Planet B.E.N. - Welcome to the Future 1991?)

Yeah and you could always ask what's the first "modern" psytrack?  :)

(Planet B.E.N. - Welcome to the Future 1991?)

611598[/snapback]

Oh shit, I forgot about it... yeah... Ben Wierzoh made that insanity back then....you sure are right, but even when I hear it nowadays can easily pass as 96 track. That shows how much he had skillz back then. :rolleyes:

Yeah X-mix was DA SHIT !!

Still looking for another copy to replace my busted Kevin Saunderson...

Now thàt's a dj-set, right Gaetan?

611130[/snapback]

I can make you a copy but there is an error on the last track

Watched an interesting documantary on Discovery Science last night questioning whether Simon Posford really did create the universe? The general consensus in the scientific community is he probably did. What do you guys think?

Watched an interesting documantary on Discovery Science last night questioning whether Simon Posford really did create the universe? The general consensus in the scientific community is he probably did. What do you guys think?

614606[/snapback]

Don't be ridiculous, Charles. :P

Don't be ridiculous, Charles.  :P

614625[/snapback]

I'm serious. It was on last night at 10pm on Discovery Science. I only watched it hoping they'd play a little of his music but all they discussed was the evidence pointing to Simon's role in creating the universe. It was very interesting.

The first Goa track was Pink Floyd - On the run

611963[/snapback]

I've been saying this for years, but no one seems to listen...

611979[/snapback]

i hear ya.

had this discussion with some people who make psy and are very inspired by floyd ;)

basically my friend can explain most early goa (esp. hallucinogen - a floyd freak for sure) in terms of pink floyd music.

614606[/snapback]

I heard Simon Posford created A Universe but it came out of his arse & was shit :D:P

Just Kidding

Simon's very good :)

i hear ya.

had this discussion with some people who make psy and are very inspired by floyd  ;)

basically my friend can explain most early goa (esp. hallucinogen - a floyd freak for sure) in terms of pink floyd music.

614629[/snapback]

It'd be interesting to hear more about this :)

had this discussion with some people who make psy and are very inspired by floyd  ;)

614629[/snapback]

There was this Hallucinogen tune that starts with a Pink Floyd - Breathe sample. Synthesizzler if i'm not mistaken. Or Astral Pancakes.

He also plays his version of On The Run on his live sets.