cd trading has it ever gone wrong

technosomy

just had my first bad experience with a trade

received a cd today snapped in half

won't name that person as they are yet to redeme themself

has anyone else ever had any similar problems

btw

does anyone happen to have a doof lets turn on cd (tip release) without the artwork that they want to trade?

thanks

just had my first bad experience with a trade

received a cd today snapped in half

won't name that person as they are yet to redeme themself

has anyone else ever had any similar problems

btw

does anyone happen to have a doof lets turn on cd (tip release) without the artwork that they want to trade?

thanks

606998[/snapback]

Snapped in half? :o

Does it look like it was sent like that or might it have been broken in the post?

I got an empty CD case but that was from saiko sounds & they will send me a replacement CD when they get it back in stock.

Snapped in half?  :o

Does it look like it was sent like that or might it have been broken in the post?

I got an empty CD case but that was from saiko sounds & they will send me a replacement CD when they get it back in stock.

607000[/snapback]

no i trust the person involved he is a regular on this site

looks like it was broken in the post?

what would everyone sugest i do?

Until now everything went fine, no complaints. Sometimes the cases are shred into pieces but that’s no problem at all, could happen easily.

The CD was snapped in half you say? Never heard of a similar case, I mean have you ever tried to break a CD into half? They don't break that easy, you have to use almost excessive force. And as it's additionally placed in a case, I have a very hard time to believe that it was broken by the post. But as I haven't seen it I'm not the one to judge...

Until now everything went fine, no complaints. Sometimes the cases are shred into pieces but that’s no problem at all, could happen easily.

The CD was snapped in half you say? Never heard of a similar case, I mean have you ever tried to break a CD into half? They don't break that easy, you have to use almost excessive force. And as it's additionally placed in a case, I have a very hard time to believe that it was broken by the post. But as I haven't seen it I'm not the one to judge...

607027[/snapback]

no it wasn't in a case

yes it is hard to snap but not impossible

especially if something heavy is put on it by the postal service

Only bad thing that happened was that once the post lost my parcel so the person I did the trade with never got the CDs. I was a bit suspicious about bit but after some talks and another trade I'm convinced now that is was really the posts fault and not the other trader ripping me off. It still sucks that two of my CDs got lost this way.

I was once deeply fucked with a trade... I traded Truth of Communication AND air born for BPC - Blue Planet... Guess what, I never recieved BPC... after lots of mails he said there was a mistake bla bla bla and he would send the cds back, I never saw a cd back

The guy where I bought it of was: Greg Senpai... anyone else had a bad trade with him?

I never had problems with broken cds luckely enough, but I had shattered boxes from the postman once in a while, luckely the cds were always fine :)

Yes. Mortiis - The Stargate ... this CD from an Ebay trade I never recieved. And it wasn't coming from some oversea dude, no, it was coming from a dude from Austria (I could even have gone getting it in person if I would have wanted to make a one-day bike trip or so)! I payed, everything fine, he sends ... and the parcel gets lost in the mail. It was unregistered to save money, but now it turns out that unregistered shipping obviously can cost you a lot of money. I don't know if it was the dude's fault or the postman's, but I have heard of some similar cases later and I think it's the mail man ... somehow. Okay, this one was just 6 Euros, but still ... that's 3 LPs for me, damnit! Luckily I found this CD then later that year for a nearly as cheap price in a second hand store in Trondheim, Norway, so I was happy again :)

I had trouble with some spanish guy. I won some old TIP CDs on Ebay & never recieved them. 3 months later he sent an email saying that he had been in a car accident & had been in hospital. He promised to send everybody who had been waiting for things, the items very soon after. I never got mine & all emails after that were ignored. By this point it was too late to post any feedback. I don't know if he really had an accident or not.

Another guy I bought a CD off from ebay also didn't come. He said it was probably the post, which it probably was as he sent me a replacement (not in fantastic condition but no problems playing) right away.

I also had a problem with a guy from Spain... he bought Order Odonata 3 (on vinyl) from me, had me ship by surface mail, and turned around and filed a claim with Paypal about a month before it was going to arrive, saying he never got it... since I had no tracking number (buyer paid for surface mail) Paypal awarded him a full refund from my account... so the guy got the vinyl, plus his money back, and I shipped it to him at my expense. Lovely, innit?

Then there was this other time with a guy on Psynews... I remember something weird but can't for the life of me remember exactly how that went down... something to do with a trade where the guy waited on my CD to show up before shipping out his half, and then getting mega-pushy about the details of the trade, deciding he got a bad deal, and pestering me for ages to ship him something else, and I think I finally snapped at some point... but that story is getting vague, can't remember any of the saucy details :)

Usually, everything is going extremely well...

That sums up my experience, especially with trades originating from here... :)

607322[/snapback]

Fuck, I just checked the CDs I received today from eBay and it turns out that I got TIP Yellow CD in TIP Blue case (with front & back cover)!!! Well, there always has to be the first time...

Anyone got TIP Blue CD in TIP Yellow's case and would be interested in a swap? ;):D

This is all by design - you have received the extremely obscure TIP Green! The component colours must have seperated in transit.

607339[/snapback]

holy shit the tip green

even the godfather doesn't have it

it's 1 of a kind

will trade you transdimentional , accidental, hypnorythm and ifo for it!!!!!!!!!!!

By this point it was too late to post any feedback.

607223[/snapback]

That's how they do it, the bastards :angry:

no i trust the person involved he is a regular on this site

looks like it was broken in the post?

what would everyone sugest i do?

607017[/snapback]

I've had that once with an ebay-shop. I told the guy, he offered to send me half the money back and he did. Seemed like a fair deal to me, since I trust he didn't break it and send it to me. Must've happened in the mail...

Hm hm.

All my experiences here have been good. Except some people forgetting to mention that the discs have been raped by little rabbits repeatedly and are almost cracking naturally.

Otherwise good. Hope I can continue this trend once I'm allowed back in sale/trade. :P

well why dont you people reveal their names, afterall, youve been ripped off and if there was some kind of misunderstandings then those peeps involved shouldnt feel offended anyway ;).

you can spare some problems for other traders this way, name them.

Fuck, I just checked the CDs I received today from eBay and it turns out that I got TIP Yellow CD in TIP Blue case (with front & back cover)!!! Well, there always has to be the first time...

Anyone got TIP Blue CD in TIP Yellow's case and would be interested in a swap? ;):D

607336[/snapback]

It all turned out ok guys - the guy sent me back the money and let me keep the CD! Now I got free backup for my TIP Yellow CD and TIP Blue artworks... Nice! :)