OOOD - Breathing Space on Amazon

Colin OOOD

Please forgive me if this has already been commented on (couldn't find it in the search and don't remember if I discussed this here or on MSN) but:

£90!!1!!!onehundredandelevenmilliononehundredandeleventhousandonehundredandsixtyfour

What does this mean?

it means creative musicians like yourselve and people like me will never figure out how to make decent money even out of things we ve done ourselves, there will always be people who knows something we do not know or we do not want to see that makes money out of everything, they ll be happier when you die so that your cd s are worth more... Enjoy wild capitalist system :)

Is this a common price on ebay for the old OOOD albums or are the trying to rip the people off?! If yes, I need to look for doubles to sell... ;)

Is this a common price on ebay for the old OOOD albums or are the trying to rip the people off?! If yes, I need to look for doubles to sell... ;)

597280[/snapback]

I bought my copy of "breathing space" for 1,- Euro on ebay a year or two ago, I'm sorry to disappoint you. then again it was a bit hidden among loads of crap... and no goa or psy or similar keywords in the description to search for.

It's prolly an extension of the VERY inflated prices on old-school, hard-to-get goa trance of the nineties... A trend that has been haunting Ebay for years, and in recent months also Discogs Marketplace and now apparently Amazon too...

I wonder how many people actually pay these extremely high prices on such not-really-rare items? I know it's all about supply and demand and of course there will always be items reaching incredible prices... But the trend lately, is that sellers are advertising EVERYTHING released before 2000 at those inflated prices... That really sucks!

/DP

I bought my copy of "breathing space" for 1,- Euro on ebay a year or two ago, I'm sorry to  disappoint you. then again it was a bit hidden among loads of crap... and no goa or psy or similar keywords in the description to search for.

597283[/snapback]

Well, then it's just luck. Apparently Crop Circles Lunar Civilisation was also recently sold for a very VERY low price among piles of crap, no keywords etc.

But yeah, that's an outrageous price. Good album though!

Well, it's a wonderful CD but definitely not worth 90GBP!!! :)

I know for a fact that it's still being sold in Israel at Tower Records, because I got one from there courtesy of PsyGoatDelic few months ago... Also Colin is selling them 10GBP a piece if I remember correctly, with new artwork...

LOL

I've seen it sell on eBay for £35 but this surprised me indeed. Gotta agree with whoever said it's not worth that much but in the end, things are worth what people are willing to pay for them... however this obviously has nothing necessarily to do with their actual value.

Otto: Shhhhhh! :ph34r:

I have FIVE copies, IM RICH!

597383[/snapback]

Hey nemo, wanna sell one? ;)

Come to think of it, it's really unfair to the artist how high the prices on eBay may go, yet they don't get 0.01$ from it... In ideal world, eBay should develop a system which transfers a percentage of price over it's initial value to the artist, for example if new Breathing Space CD costed 10GBP when it was released, if it's now sold at 25GBP then artist should receive say 25% of that extra 15GBP - that'd make sense... But it's very unlikely something like that will ever happen...

On the other hand, in really ideal world such CDs should be readily available in normal stores, then we wouldn't have that problem :)

Come to think of it, it's really unfair to the artist how high the prices on eBay may go, yet they don't get 0.01$ from it... In ideal world, eBay should develop a system which transfers a percentage of price over it's initial value to the artist, for example if new Breathing Space CD costed 10GBP when it was released, if it's now sold at 25GBP then artist should receive say 25% of that extra 15GBP - that'd make sense... But it's very unlikely something like that will ever happen...

597462[/snapback]

The price of sold objects should cover the expenses, if a company fails to break even their business modell needs to be adjusted. It should not be compensated by forcing the customer to pay for the product again.

Sorry for being an ass about this, but it's not an ideal solution.

Hey nemo, wanna sell one?  ;)

597444[/snapback]

I would, if I wassnt so greedy (j/k), the problem is that i am obsessed with my records, and the ones that I have with plastic still wrapped around them I will never sell (I think these are, i will have to look when I am in Sweden again). IF there is a copy that is brand new, but without plastic, I will sell it for sure, and youre first in the row of getting it!!

Im sorry to be such a collectors asshole :(

Colin, 24% OK?! :)

On the other hand, in really ideal world such CDs should be readily available in normal stores, then we wouldn't have that problem :)

597462[/snapback]

Yeah nice theory, but I guess it wouldnt work. It would work if Ebay and the likes would work together with STIM (Sweden) and MCSP (Is it that in England anyone), they could monitor the sales, together with eBay... blah blah, it will never happen though, because then you would have records like Elvis Presleys first promo for instance for 100212398124123978123 dollars, and then the percentage goes to who? Dont tell me the label, and please do not tell me to the publisher hehehe...

Its not IMPOSSIBLE though, but it would take a lot of work to get something like that going.

I like the idea of getting artists money though, they for sure fucking deserve more!