OOOD - Breathing Space on Amazon

Colin OOOD

The price of sold objects should cover the expenses, if a company fails to break even their business modell needs to be adjusted. It should not be compensated by forcing the customer to pay for the product again.

Sorry for being an ass about this, but it's not an ideal solution.

597477[/snapback]

I'm perfectly aware of that - I'm a risk & profit/loss analyst in a bank, so I should know those things :rolleyes:

What I meant is, that in a situation like this an artist (fuck the label, they don't deserve more than they earned at the release and that - as you said - should cover their expenses); but artist should receive at least some percentage of the extra value created. It's not fair it all goes to the hands of some random guy, who probably found it in a bargain bin in the first place.

Well, unless you think of buying psy-CDs as an investment, in which case this would be justified...

Come to think of it, it's really unfair to the artist how high the prices on eBay may go, yet they don't get 0.01$ from it... In ideal world, eBay should develop a system which transfers a percentage of price over it's initial value to the artist, for example if new Breathing Space CD costed 10GBP when it was released, if it's now sold at 25GBP then artist should receive say 25% of that extra 15GBP - that'd make sense... But it's very unlikely something like that will ever happen...

On the other hand, in really ideal world such CDs should be readily available in normal stores, then we wouldn't have that problem :)

597462[/snapback]

I totally agree. I buy mostly cheaper albums on eBay and must admit that my buying in saikosounds has dropped dramatically. Ebay is kinda addictive. But really, this doesn't help the artists AT ALL.

Come to think of it, it's really unfair to the artist how high the prices on eBay may go, yet they don't get 0.01$ from it... In ideal world, eBay should develop a system which transfers a percentage of price over it's initial value to the artist, for example if new Breathing Space CD costed 10GBP when it was released, if it's now sold at 25GBP then artist should receive say 25% of that extra 15GBP - that'd make sense... But it's very unlikely something like that will ever happen...

On the other hand, in really ideal world such CDs should be readily available in normal stores, then we wouldn't have that problem :)

597462[/snapback]

I don't agree at all actually.

The CD is allready sold once, the artist or label isn't the owner anymore. letting people pay because they sell something they bought years back is called "Ripping off" in my dictionary.

If an artist wants to make some money out of rare old CD's he should keep some copies when the CD is released and sell them himself all those years later.

I'm sure alot of artists still got some spare copies of old stuff which are worth alot. That's where they can get their old skool bonus..

I have FIVE copies, IM RICH!

597383[/snapback]

LOL :lol:

£90.45

LOW PRICE - for Breathing Space LOL :lol:

Then I will sell my A Live CD for 175 GBP. :lol:

But there are more idiots in Amazon, for example: Expressdisk_Amerika http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/tg/detail...5Fencoding=UTF8

The most big stores in Amazon especially importers have heavy prices. But the most stuff, they can't to deliver it, because it is not available. LOL :lol:

BTW, Colin why is it not your Idea to sell your CD's for this SUPER MEGA ULTRA LOW PRICE of £90.45. Than you will be rich. :lol:

What I meant is, that in a situation like this an artist (fuck the label, they don't deserve more than they earned at the release and that - as you said - should cover their expenses); but artist should receive at least some percentage of the extra value created. It's not fair it all goes to the hands of some random guy, who probably found it in a bargain bin in the first place.

Well, unless you think of buying psy-CDs as an investment, in which case this would be justified...

597506[/snapback]

Well, what you're suggesting is, imho, impossible to implement. The only realistic solution is based on free will, that is you transfer the money to the artist in question if you feel that it's your moral duty to give them a slice of what you earned when you sold the album.

Well, what you're suggesting is, imho, impossible to implement. The only realistic solution is based on free will, that is you transfer the money to the artist in question if you feel that it's your moral duty to give them a slice of what you earned when you sold the album.

597738[/snapback]

Yeah, I know it's impossible - that's why I used the 'in ideal world' phrase :)