Derango :)

Guest goa-head

Guest goa-head

Can't believe I haven't seen them mentioned more here. Almost every track they make is pure quality dark psy.

The Poisonous Square especially from Tumult, their newest album. Perfect for late-night driving. Hole In The Ground is also great.

The new direction of night/dark psy? :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their compilation tracks are superior to the album, imo. the music is great, but i don't see it as a new direction - forest psy has been around for a while.

Yeah and it differs from song to song too. They have made a couple of songs that I would file under dark-psy without hesitating, while most of their stuff is just twisted, weird and funky :P

I think they`ve been mentioned plenty. And rightfully so masterdamnit !!

My favorites along with Ka-sol , Quasar and Procs

Can't believe I haven't seen them mentioned more here.

505099[/snapback]

:lol:

Not mentioned more here ? It has been praised for months here already, plus you have a review in review section where you could have checked it out...;)

Great music! Swedish forest fruit salat, with twistosauce :D Damn I feel wierd this morning :blink:

Yep, I agree Space Monkey. To me most Derango tracks aren't dark at all!

505274[/snapback]

Dark in a bright way, hehe :P

Can't believe I haven't seen them mentioned more here. Almost every track they make is pure quality dark psy.

The Poisonous Square especially from Tumult, their newest album. Perfect for late-night driving. Hole In The Ground is also great.

The new direction of night/dark psy?  :)

505099[/snapback]

hmmm well don't get me wrong, I liked their (his?) album a lot BUT I found that there are shitloads of better acts out there ie. Ghreg on Earth, Psykovsky, Droidlock,...

and to everyone using the new "forst trance" buzzword... either someone explains me the distinctive elements allowing to recognize "forest trance" or STFU!!!

Damn fine stuff! :)

I just listened to All Channels Open from the new Tumult-album. It´s been a LONG time since a psytune freaked me out that much. It reminded me of an old GMS-track, Slingshot. Only better! MUCH better! I am now officially a Derango-fan. :rolleyes:

But they still have a LONG way to go before they are as good as Simon Posford B) .

Oh well, some day. Keep the channels open, Derango ;)

Ilove derango so much. I first heard them towards the beginning of 04, they posted some unreleased songs on psytrance.us (gone now), Rusakula and New Analyze, which I kind of didnt understand at the time but Ive had them a while and gave them a listen every once in a while. I do understand them now, and their album is one of my prize cds.

Their style is so unique, even among other forest trance artists. Their use of off the wall basslines, out of nowhere changeups sending the mind through green dripping viney tunnels, near-confusing squish/crunchy synths... Its like art, an audio painting of a very green forest/jungle, full of little things making their little noises to create an overall symphony of natural life...

I think Derango will be remembered and loved for many years to come.

Forest trance, to me, is the kind of near-dark, not morning or daytime, definitely night music, but its very lighthearted, the basslines arent ominous even if they are throbbing in your soul. They synths tend to call to mind birds, squirrels, trolls, elves, things of the forest you know? Sometimes melodic, most of the time just squishy and psychedelic. Very benign feeling to a lot of it (see Wizack Twizack, Kluster), very friendly stuff. Good mushroom trance I believe. THis isnt like an official "this is Forest Trance" explaination, just my impression from what Ive heard. Check out anything on Stone Age records to get a good feel for it. To me it just screams out, "play me very loud at night deep in the forest".

Well there is one thing wrong with their album. It should be entitled Gnarled Roots

instead of tumult.

and dont forget, if you like Tumult, listen to Boldly Audio and Sanatonic Audio

from sanaton records.

Their track "An Ancient Tale" off the Ajana comp 'A Magical Journey' is one of my favorite downtempo tracks of the moment :)

I have yet to give Tumult a proper listen...but it is in my collection...

Their track "An Ancient Tale" off the Ajana comp 'A Magical Journey' is one of my favorite downtempo tracks of the moment  :)

I have yet to give Tumult a proper listen...but it is in my collection...

512132[/snapback]

Yeah I love that sound that sounds like some kind of horn or something.

An opium horn...