Mandalas

Sanjiva

where are you from? how old are you?

do you decorate parties? name a few if yes.

do you have a website?

do you also have backdrops for sale?

the last one, with the uv lights looks amazing. well, they all do, but the last one i actually imagined as party deco.

Posted Image

486466[/snapback]

french///////french/////french//////french/////

mon dieux!!! :blink:

c'est vraiment fabuleux!!!bravo!! :D

c'est tres pro sanjiva,(ils sont tous) est que il est disponible?(a vendre je veux dire!) :rolleyes:

french/////french/////french//////french/////

where are you from?

I Live in Québec (Canada)

how old are you?

I have 21 years old

do you decorate parties?

Yes

name a few if yes

I have done the decoration (planning and creating) of a couple of small parties in Canada. They averaged 300 people :

tsunami

http://www.sanjiva.neurovortex.com/Maude-A...gma/tsunami.jpg

r-pur

http://ravezone.qc.ca/photos/2003/rpur/sin/IMG_0029.JPG

Ethernity

Posted Image

Posted Image

and Digitohm I

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.rave.ca/view.php?photos=48706

do you have a website?

yes www.sanjiva.neurovotex.com (in construction)

do you also have backdrops for sale?

My backdrops are not really for sale. I keep most of them and rent them. But I can do special order if need arise. What I can do is sell small copies (11" x 14") of certain mandalas. They are good quality color copy on carton, but they do not react to blacklight. I also got a big painting (5' x 5') to sell but I won't let it go for any price.

487996[/snapback]

omg

Those mandala's own.

respect! never loose the love homie ;)

your art is meditition.

I'm a painter myself btw, looking at your work makes me wanna go paint right now :P

They are amazingly beautiful. :o I absolutely LOVE the one which looks like it has a circle of fire coming from it, wonderful colours and it would suit my livingroom really well, it would compliment my sofa throw!!

Keep up the excellent work. :D

excellent!

really good work!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Sanjiva !

Sanjiva sounds very indian ... are you indian or just taking an indian name as a deco-artist ?

I was in India a few years ago .. The culture and the people are both interesting and friendly. I lived for three months in a small village 250 km from Bombay. Living, or just staying in a different culture for some time, changes one's life and thinking.

Wow , got deep there. If you're not indian, forget what I wrote ... erhh ..

Well ... your mandalas !!!! wow ... double-wow !!! I am impressed to the max !!! And handpainted too !!! great stuff ... only the paint for a large backdrop/painting must cost a fortune ?? doesn't color that reflects ultraviolet lighting cost hell-a-lot ? Or are there cheap ways, tricks or such too ?

I am thinking about making some simple backdrops for a party, do you have any suggestions/hints ??

That Flower of Life pattern to see how one can paint symmetrically is a great idea, I guess they use that in India , when making these mandalas on the floors with sand in various colors.

David, Sweden

Hey Sanjiva !

Sanjiva sounds very indian ... are you indian or just taking an indian name as a deco-artist ?

I was in India a few years ago .. The culture and the people are both interesting and friendly. I lived for three

512391[/snapback]

No i am not from India, i am from Québec, a eastern province of Canada. My real name is MAude Cliche-Ricard. However, India is a country that attracts me and inspires me a lot. Id like someday to go visit India, and learn bathik techniques

• 3 months later...

IN-fucking-SANE!

where is rik?

you definitively deserve your own gallery @ psygarden imo

verrry nice art man...

keep up the splendid work!

respect

ward

582567[/snapback]

Maude is a She and has been on psygarden for quite some time now ;)

Link

• 3 weeks later...

Mandala (Sanskrit: "circle") in Hindu and Buddhist Tantrism, a symbolic diagram used in the performance of sacred rites and as an instrument of meditation. The mandala is basically a representation of the universe, a consecrated area that serves as a receptacle for the gods and as a collection point for universal forces. Man (the microcosm), by mentally "entering" the mandala and "proceeding" toward its centre, is by analogy guided through the cosmic processes of disintegration and reintegration.

--from Encyclopaedia Britannica

... there must be a transconscious disposition in every individual which is able to produce the same or very similar symbols at all times and in all places. Since this disposition is usually not a conscious possession of the individual I have called it the collective unconscious, and, as the basis of its symbolical products, I postulate the existence of primordial images, the archetypes. --from Concerning Mandala Symbolism, C. G. Jung

That Batik tehnique u are interested in is very interesting inded..

• 3 months later...