Unique Albums?

TheCreamFilling

Ok, so instead of asking "what are your favorite _____?", I want to know what artists have come out with the most UNIQUE electronic albums, whether they are psytrance, progressive, dark, ambient, chill. Please note that I don't want you guys to list your favorites or even albums that you like, but the most unique in terms of any combination of style, atmosphere, synth choice, mood, timbre, emotion, or WHATEVER. The most unique sounding album I've listening to recently was Kino Oko's "Lost Entertainment". There were only 2 tracks on the album that I truly loved, but the whole album created an environment unlike any of the psy releases I've heard.

Even if you hated the an album but thought "omg I've never heard anything of this type!?" then post it here :-D

EDIT: Woops, wrong forum. How come I can't delete my threads?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only truely unique ones i can think of are already pretty popular in the psy crowd...

um, ill throw out mandalavandalz... but im still learning psy and theyre obviously well known i think.

also the new bilsargon demogargon tune really moves me, its unique to me, but im not too knowledged in that kind of style so maybe they are, maybe not...

also check out this band called spongle, they are unique, and starting to get popular...

Chi-A.D. - Anno domini is quite unique in my opinion

Koxbox - Dragon tales

Darshan - Awakening <- quite unique atmosphere

Logic bomb's albums are quite unique too

I'll add Eraser vs Yojalka - Tarinat

Loopus in fabula - Loopus in fabula <- funky, groovy, and quite funny, i like it!

Cosmic tone - Overwhelming <- really quiet psy, i would like to hear more like this

Uni - La movin <- really different, i dunno how to desribe it

i agree on the uni & opsis albums. i'll add the Tri-Force album to this short list, shiny. some of my favs really :]

thé Unique Album for me remains Untilted by Autechre though. it's beyond anything ive heard, yet.

edit: va - Predecessor was quite unique aswell ^^

Guest Elysium

Posted Image

I always thought that latin killarghhs are very suitable for Nana Mouskouri and she showed us already in the past years that also in this field she is one of the rare artists who are able to do magic trippy latin. Her ability do adopt a style of music, a language, a feeling, a spirit is simply fascinating. With this album the latin Ms. Mouskouri showed once again what a talent she is and how much she learned and developped with all the years in the scene. The album regroups twelve of the most beloved psychedelic bolero themes which everyone knows who is interested a bit in this kind of music. Song number thirteen is a welcome new version of one of her early TrailerGreek songs with new Spanish basslines. The production of the album is wonderful and spirit and joy are very well captured on it. I only can gratulate Ms. Mouskouri for how graceful she continue her way in her long career. My favourite tracks on this album are wonderful versions of Besame Mucho, Piel Canela, Angelitos Negros and Usted (GingerBoy Edit). Very good also Me Voy Pa'l Pueblo and Bachata Rosa (Posford Flamenco Rmx) and not to forget the old psychedlic Greek track with new latin anthems "Despierta Agapi Mou. No me quieras tanto" and "Piensa en mi" are in my opinon the weaker points in this album but all in all this is one of the best Mouskouri productions in years.

AMBIENT

Shaolin_Wooden_Men-Binary_Input_To_Flesh_Antenna

416091[/snapback]

That one's sick! Also check out Ollie Olsen's Emptiness

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...?artist_id=1291

IDM

Autechre - Draft 7.30

AMBIENT

Shaolin_Wooden_Men-Binary_Input_To_Flesh_Antenna

PSYCHEDELIC GOA

Planet_BEN_-_Trippy_Future_Garden-1996

416091[/snapback]

Could you make the fact that those are mp3s a little bit more blatant?

koxbox/dragontales

psychopod/headlines e.p.

slide/unstable

alienated/ff

hallucinogen/the lone derenger

infected mushroom/classical mushroom

x-dream/radio

all very uniqe and good imo.......

Sandman's Witchcraft album sounds pretty unique.

415992[/snapback]

I agree! And i'd also like to add the "Orichalcum and The Deviant" album , and "Quirk - Machina electrica & fornax chemica"