derango

furthur

Now, I no longer like music that is too fast (unless I liked in the past, and then it just brings back good memmories).

I am not a fan of so-called dark music.

But I like quality and innovation.

Having read a bit about the tumult album, i am intrigued but undecided by ppl saying it sounds rehashed or monotonous.

Should someone like me get this for that rare evening?

thx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of so-called dark music. But I like quality and innovation.

402654[/snapback]

Me too. I dont like listening to this stuff at home, so I did listen to it like 2 or 3 times... unless you live in the forest you could enjoy it :) On the other hand it's one of the few albums I want to hear at an open-air in the forest :)

Listen to the previews carefully.

:huh:  :lol:  :lol:

or were you serious?

:o  :o

402708[/snapback]

Yes. And if you don't hear the clear similarities between Derango and generic fullon, you're in denial. Seriously.

Yes. And if you don't hear the clear similarities between Derango and generic fullon, you're in denial. Seriously.

402712[/snapback]

I'm listening to this very loud now... And oh my God... If they would release more "full on" like this I'd be in love again with this scene :D

For me this is 100% Forest music, way too mad and psychedelic to be full on, even the basslines don't have the typical rhytm

I'm listening to this very loud now... And oh my God... If they would release more "full on" like this I'd be in love again with this scene :D

For me this is 100% Forest music, way too mad and psychedelic to be full on, even the basslines don't have the typical rhytm

402729[/snapback]

yeah, although im not a fan of derango, it is a hell of a lot better than most full on.

Now, I no longer like music that is too fast (unless I liked in the past, and then it just brings back good memmories).

I am not a fan of so-called dark music.

But I like quality and innovation.

Having read a bit about the tumult album, i am intrigued but undecided by ppl saying it sounds rehashed or monotonous.

Should someone like me get this for that rare evening?

thx

402654[/snapback]

Someone like you should listen to it and see what you think. Thats propably the surest way to know.

Dark Forest Full-on?  :)

PS. I don't think 'dark psy' exists for Cinos, he labels it all full-on anyway. And in many pways he is right.

402778[/snapback]

Dark psy exists... but it's very rare. The most common form is dark fullon.

Xenomorph... that, I think I'd call dark psy.

Xenomorph... I ought to check it out, although he looks as intimidating as Skazi with a guitar :/

Posted Image

As something on topic: What I appreciate in this fullonish-dark-forest-not_dark sound of Derango is the _extremely_ well fitting melodies here and there. They are not in every track and often they are verrry brief, but mostly they are awesome. In tracks like Fnatt, We're all Mad Here rmx and Boomorgon rmx, Sluggy (and most notably the pre-derango track Derango Tango under the name 'Puro') there are melodies that create an unique atmosphere to me. Too bad I don't connect with some aspects of Derango.

All in all - I think Derango is a positive element in our scene, I would give Tumult about 6.5/10 and thats in a scale ranging from 1 to 10 and I'm being as objective as I can.

lol.. Xenomorph is much more full-on than Derango, imo. Derango isn't too dark, but so what.. It's not about full-on vs. dark, it's about full-on vs. psychedelic music for me. Dark can be crappy and unpsychedelic as well. Derango is pretty good and twisted, and worth a listen. I would also check out Polyphonia/Metalaxis and Fractal Cowboys for more psycedelc music. Unfortunately neither of those have full albums yet. And Penta, who I think makes some of the most interesting stuff these days. There's others also - I wouldn's say Derango is all that groundbreaking on the album, and I actually prefer some of their compilation tracks that, like someone said, sound more complete than the album. But def. give it a listen.

If you like fullon, you'll probably like this. That's really the only criteria.

402679[/snapback]

this must be the most stupid thing I've read. And the strange part is he keeps on repeating it like : hey everybody look at me I've never been to a party and I don't know shit about this style of music ...

dude I frankly don't care wether you like this music or not but :blink::blink: .....

Full On and Dark Psy have many common things, just like the speed and the furious basslines. But I disagree that Derango is full on or you must like full on to listen to Derango. The differences are much more than the common things. After all, many old school artists used fast basslines (Slide for example), are they full on?

Also Derango are not typical Dark Psy. They're dark, cold, ritual, forest psychedelia.

this must be the most stupid thing I've read.  And the strange part is he keeps on repeating it like : hey everybody look at me I've never been to a party and I don't know shit about this style of music ...

dude I frankly don't care wether you like this music or not but  :blink:  :blink:  .....

402996[/snapback]

Parties don't mean shit.

They do... but not in this case.

EDIT: to add something on topic: I would love to hear Derango in a thick coniferous forest at night... Would probably be one of the greatest experiences in my life.. I think.

Actually any good dance music would be nice to hear in the forest, but well... Derango should be somewhat desined in such mood.

Thats one of the biggest problems of this scene.People who never had at least one psychedelic experience and want to believe they know things and can separate styles and express their opinions.Noobs.

403097[/snapback]

Psychedelic experience and separating styles and expressing your opinion isn't connected, Okay, thankyou, goodbye.

EDIT: just to give an example: I have been listening psy from 2000, I've never done any psychedelic drugs => I cannot tell the difference between prog and goa.

Simplified example, but isn't that what you were trying to tell? (PS. I know you didn't address me, I'm just discussing your view)

Peace :lol:

Thats one of the biggest problems of this scene.People who never had at least one psychedelic experience and want to believe they know things and can separate styles and express their opinions.Noobs.

403097[/snapback]

Yeah you would know.

403102[/snapback]

Stop all this bullshit. You're not enlightened, not elite, not fucking more fit to "get" the music than any other person just because you have been to a lot of parties / eaten psychedelics / have a huge-ass record collection.