derango

furthur

Well, when I look in the dictionary, it says that it's a psychic state and the definition never mentions a link betwen this state and drugs.

403208[/snapback]

Could you ever describe the feeling of having sex to someone who never did it?

Edit:i'd like a "yes" or a "no".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

what a fucking immature thing to say... Cinos, once again, grow up and thingk before you post dumb shit.

403187[/snapback]

Aren't tight leather pants and that net-shirt rather homosexual to you?

sorry to go offtopic... but fractal cowboys over derango... nah man not even close... derango like the name implies is something you will enjoy more if you are 'experienced' furthermore production value-wise... they're on even on the same category... but to each their own

403198[/snapback]

well, 'tis true if you're talking about their older stuff. but if you heard some newer Fractal Cowboys tracks.. or a live set.. the most mindblowing psychedelic music i've ever heard. At times I could hardly say it's psytrance, it's gone so far past the boundaries of the genre. I wouldn't know what to call it. Maybe psy-IDM.

Zik's live set was impressive as well. I have yet to hear Derango live. I hear they're coming to the US in May though. :D And Metalaxis/Polyphonia - their music is so fucking far beyond, it sounds like it was made by aliens. :ph34r:

Ocelot is good, but having heard his live set 3 times, he doesn't induce the same type of experience in me as those other acts. You could also try Ghreg on Earth - his stuff is much more minimal, hard, and deep. I personally don't like it as much, but I know quite a few people who literally have orgasms when he plays. :)

I'd compare Derango to a black belt in karate... fast, full of tricks, and you can't see where they're going until it's too late. Hell, I'd even call their music "intelligent" and it's just goofiness taken to the 10th power; but they do it so well.

Think of that old, great Swedish style -- Tales From The Forest, Psychoactive Scandosounds, Psychedelica Scandinavica, debut Hux Flux -- only even MORE cluttered with sounds, and with polished 2005 production. It's that. Now you know. B)

Also worth checking out is Procs.

Dark psy exists... but it's very rare. The most common form is dark fullon.

Xenomorph... that, I think I'd call dark psy.

402788[/snapback]

I checked Xenomorph out a bit... Seems like melodic goa or something... not dark at all :blink:

But well, that opinion is based on only one track..

I'd maybe say that Darshan = oldschool dark psy, UX = dark goa.