Guilty Pleasure Top Ten

GaySatanicHippie

that's nothing to be ashamed of man, coz it's like the best band on earth, and all my friends like it too.

but i do hide the JP vinyls when anyone comes for a visit :D

I saw Spun today. It had Rob Halford cameo appearance

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Santana - Corazon Espinado

Santana is a guitar god. Nuff said. He has more soul than all the pretentious guitar technicians out there.

James Blunt - 1973. This guy has a killer voice and this tune has wicked bass guitar.

James Blunt - 1973. This guy has a killer voice and this tune has wicked bass guitar.

No doubt about that. His voice just kills me and butchers the otherwise decent instrumental tracks he tends to sing over. I heard he was part of the Brit troops in Iraq... No wonder they sent him back home if he "entertained" his mates by singing...

I really like some heavily gay music from 80's like Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Soft Cell, Depeche Mode and New Order.

I also like pretty much everything by the Neptunes, BT and Timbaland. Even stuff they did for Britney Spears and N'Sync.

Depeche Mode and New Order gay? :huh: All those 80s bands are kickas

As for myself, I am truly a 80's sucker. So all the above + 100 more of the 80's bands. As for Guilty pleasure: that should be Modern Talking (now thats gay) :D, Sade, George Michael (who has a great voice), Queen.. I could continue all day. And Alpha blondy rocks!

3. Dune- Hardcore Vibes

You just have to like that Mickey Mouse Voice singing about the Hardcore Vibes, hehe, and dont forget "This one is dedicated to all the ravers in the nation"

Hah, i'm just listening to the Xanopticon Remix of this epic tune, it's called Elfuckin vibes and it's awesome :posford:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I can't resist adding to this already long thread. The following 10 albums are the guiltiest pleasures that I can think of at the moment. Choosing "guilty" songs is boring - albums are a more challenging proposal. The key idea behind these albums is that they are usually considered to be subpar (and they probably are) but I do like to listen to them. It is my idea of under-rated releases. I have resisted the urge of adding obscure stuff to this list.

Here is the list (in no particuar order, as always with my lists).

1. Neil Diamond - Beautiful Noise. By far his best album, with a great variety of songs, all of them well crafted and with the right amount of inevitable cheese. It does not have any of his greatest hits, but this is a wonderful listen from start to finish with no weak songs. It is a great shame that Neil never repeated the greatness. Most critics, however, gave it poor marks and obviously disagree with me.

2. Neil Young - Silver and Gold. Generally considered as a pretty weak and even insipid album, but I love for its unassuming, laid-back beauty. Not every song is a winner (e.g. Daddy Went Walkin' is horrible), but it doesn't matter.

3. Kinks - Soap Opera. I love the Kinks, and they are indeed a well respected band. But this is generally considered to be a poor album during a part of the 70's when the Kinks were looking for focus. I find it an uplifting concept (in the true meaning of the word 'concept') album with some cracking uncomplicated and sometimes amiably cheesy songs touched with the Ray Davies magic. Try the Kink's Schoolboys in Disgrace if you can put up with Soap Opera.

4. Clash - Sandinista. Most people think this originally 3 LP release as being too long and just a big mess of half-done songs. I must confess that I listen to it a lot, much more than London Calling.

5. Rolling Stone - Tattoo You. God I hate stadium rock! And I hate 80s rock as well. Don't know why I listen to this more than any other Stone's album. Especially the second side of the LP, which is flawless.

6. La Dusseldorf - Individuellos. Their pedigree, as the successor band to Neu!, was impressive and faultless. But La Dusseldorf was never quite as well regarded as Neu! And this album(their third) is generally considered to be their worst. But I listen to it more than the others. Furthermore, my favorite track is a bonus track not even originally on the 70's release.

7. Pink Floyd - Final Cut. Better than the Wall, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here (despite whatever anyone else may tell me). Roger Waters was here at the peak of his creativity, never matched again in his solo career.

8. Soft Cell - Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret. Loads of fun. Even though the key hit song (Tainted Love) was a cover.

9. Imagination (Very Best of). Reminds me of my youthful days on the dancefloor. Impossible to listen to it without tapping my feet. Yes, I know, the group sounds very gay...

10. Mussorgsky - Khovanshina. Left uncompleted by the alcoholic composer, it is my favourite Russian opera and one of my favourite classical pieces. Critics are usually lukewarm about it, and Boris Gudonov is a much more famous work. But this is a real work with balls despite being a bit uneven at times. This music makes Tchaikovsky seem like the prancing faggott that he was...

Pedro

• 2 months later...

Also another very very guilty pleasure I have is Nelly Furtado. I know she's a stupid bitch but some of her songs are just way beyond my cynicism filter.

Also Justin Timberlake's Like I Love You is one of my favorites songs ever.

Some tracks I love:

Darren Hayes-Crush

Kim Wilde-You Came

Shampoo-Girl Power

Placebo-Drag & 36 Degrees

Liquido-Narcotic

Belinda Carlisle-Heaven is A Place On Earth

Back Street Boys-The One

Sugababes-About You Now

Aqua-Dr.Jones & Calling You

A-HA-Take On Me

Gwen Stefani-Cool

Ricky Martin feat. Meja-Private Emotion

Roxette-Sleeping In My Car

:ph34r:

I actually have a thing about 80's pop music. They give me all teh nostalgia I need.

Let the bashing begin! :D

Some tracks I love:

Darren Hayes-Crush

Kim Wilde-You Came

Shampoo-Girl Power

Placebo-Drag & 36 Degrees

Liquido-Narcotic

Belinda Carlisle-Heaven is A Place On Earth

Back Street Boys-The One

Sugababes-About You Now

Aqua-Dr.Jones & Calling You

A-HA-Take On Me

Gwen Stefani-Cool

Ricky Martin feat. Meja-Private Emotion

Roxette-Sleeping In My Car

:ph34r:

I actually have a thing about 80's pop music. They give me all teh nostalgia I need.

Let the bashing begin! :D

Kim Wilde is the hots

Also another very very guilty pleasure I have is Nelly Furtado. I know she's a stupid bitch but some of her songs are just way beyond my cynicism filter.

I liked her before she went all "street" <_<

I'm a rastafarian in disguise XD

My Guilty Pleasure top ten - Not Psy

1. Dillinger - Cocaine in my brain

- This has nothing to do with GTA - luved it way before then.

2. Groove Armada - Suntoucher - It's the accent ;D

3. Yves Larock - Rise Up - Don't Like The Video Tho.

4. (the god) Bob Marley - Three Little Birds

5. Dilated Peoples -

- True Hip Hop

6. Groove Armada - Superstylin' - Geniuses XD

7. Space Cowboy - These Dreams

8. Barrington Levy -

9. Haddaway - What is love

10. The Roots - The Seed (2.0) - Featuring Cody Chestnutt - I simply love this one, Wish there were more music like this, I don't like the rap tunes tho, just the Chestnutt Vocals

I'll admit I've really been liking parts of The Knife's album Silent Shout... Marble House and Like A Pen in particular. I was quite happy to find some good techno remixes of Like A Pen to throw into some of my progressive sets. Check out their videos if you'd like to hear something a little weird...

Reading while sitting on the toilet... i've spend up to 3 hours just sitting at the toilet reading books.

Actually liking the song "psycho Killer" by skazi or was it void?

Worshipping void's "are you free album" ;D

Drinking alchohol in large quantities.