One prog act rule them all..

traveller

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Journey Man Project

Midi Miliz is much more techtrance..only recently have they entered the world of prog... but they are my fav on that list...

hats off to Midimiliz for being able to produce all kinds of "different" music extremely well

techno, trance, electro, downbeat, progressive, psychedelic or whatever they do it all!

IMO they are hands down the best overall act at the moment

Guest The Journey Man Project

Yeah a mate of mine sent me a copy of a video of Midi Miliz live in Japan he took... they are amazing live!! I actually really stuggled to recognize a lot of the music which I simply put down the fact that they do a lot of tweaking, and playing live, not just a show... hope to see them live after Feb next year when I move to Japan... they make most of the so called dark psy seem like candy... their new album is amazing, but they have always been the ture innovators of progressive and tehctrance for me, they pushed the boundaries from mid 90's and then into The Delta... their remixes this year of The Delta and X-Dream have been amazing as well... pure talent all the way, not just the best progressive act, I'd go as far as to say they are the best act and producers in this genre at this moment... about the only cd that I stil hear new things each time I listen to... cannot wait for more from them

To even out the score I voted for my own personal fav (guess who :P )

Even though there are many great acts out there with only 1 album out (Gaudium, Frogacult, FREq,...) I think it takes at least 2, preferably 3 or more to earn the title of "Progressive Heavyweight of this Universe" !

Atmos, Son Kite & Ticon come very close...

I'm not that much into prog but from the listed artists it's going to be a tough vote between Lish and Jaia. I guess I'll go for Lish.

Element?

387326[/snapback]

**quiz-master-voice**

"Oooh My Skazi,

Is there no stopping this lovely candidate from Womania?

Indeed Element was the correct answer!!!

Now you've won this exclusive Hom-Mega-Phone!

But wil you risk it all & maybe win a Limited Edition Ultra-Sexy Space Tribe 1 piece cat-suit for those special moments?

The question for our bonus round is:

Which of these acts has released the most full-albums?

You folks at home can play too, just pick up the phone & dail + 32 604.PRO.GGY"

shitgoddamn I shouldn't sit so close to my screen

I voted Ticon - they have consistently kicked my ass since I first got into them in the summer of 2001, and none of their releases have ever let me down.

The question for our bonus round is:

Which of these acts has released the most full-albums?

Shiva Chandra? The guy is like my cat - puts out more shit than I can keep track of. :P

I recommended element when they opened the thread which progressive artist should be in the poll...

but only 50 can be in... so element got dropped out I guess :unsure:

Shiva Chandra?  The guy is like my cat - puts out more shit than I can keep track of. :P

387412[/snapback]

"& the Space Tribe catsuit goes to Satan's Fluffer !!! Coming soon, too a Dark Room near you!"

To bad an innovator like Daniel Vernuft keeps using the same sounds over&over&over again the last 3years. Haven't heard the "Change of Air" album though...

btw: Obviously these polls are heavily influenced by new releases like the recent Ticon-cd. If you make a poll like this right after Vibrasphere release their new (fan-fucking-tastic ,I bet) album, they would be in the top 5, where they belong instead of somewhere at the end... No critisism, just a thought ;)

:lol:

Element IZ in the list

387417[/snapback]

oooow sorry... considering the replies I thought it wasn't, my mistake :unsure:

btw: Obviously these polls are heavily influenced by new releases like the recent Ticon-cd. If you make a poll like this right after Vibrasphere release their new (fan-fucking-tastic ,I bet) album, they would be in the top 5, where they belong instead of somewhere at the end... No critisism, just a thought ;)

387418[/snapback]

no you're right... I openend a poll like this some time agoo (there's a link in this tread to that poll) just when jaïa fiction was released ...

and jaïa won big time so,

I guess you have a point here....

here's the link... click !